• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

60’s, 70’s, 80’s NBA Draft: CHAT

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball has the least amount of variance drafting because there's only 5 starters. MLB has 9 position players, plus 5 starters and 5 for a pen. NFL you have basically 22-24 starters.

There would be no reason for any NBA drafts if you base it off of starters only.

How about we state the starters and the minutes with a game plan...? :yes:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Example

PG - Walt Frazier - 32 min
SG - Mitch Richmond - 28 min
SF - Julius Erving - 38 min
PF - Detlef Schrempf - 24 min
C - Moses Malone - 38 min

PG - Michael Ray Richardson - 16 min PG, 6 min SG
SG - Dan Majerle - 14 min SG
SF - Dale Ellis - 10 min SF
PF - Maurice Lucas - 20 min PF
C - Cliff Robinson - 10 min C, 4 min PF

Offense -

Push the tempo on missed shots not there or made baskets dead balls set up triangle... blah blah blah

Defense -

Play Walt on the better offensive player... funnel the drives to the middle, play off blah blah blah and allow the jumper... etc

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about we state the starters and the minutes with a game plan...? :yes:

I'm all for optimization, and think that's a great idea in the future. But that would have to be a draft where you had maybe two teams instead of just the one. Limiting it just to one makes it so that the top tier players will ultimately just determine who wins.

In baseball, you're not guaranteed to win if you draft Ruth or Bonds. In NFL, you're not guaranteed to win drafting Montana or Rice. In basketball, if you limit Jordan to playing a half, you're not guaranteed to win either. But if you say Jordan can play 40 minutes, that's a whole different ball game, especially in a limited context with drafting years and number of HOF eligible players to be selected.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wlk’s Band of A$$ Kicking Hoopers

First Half

PG - Walt Frazier
SG - Mitch Richmond
SF - Dale Ellis
PF - Maurice Lucas
C - Cliff Robinson

Second Half
PG
- Michael Ray Richardson
SG - Dan Majerle
SF - Julius Erving
PF - Detlef Schrempf
C - Moses Malone
I may need caffeine I swore that said Hooters :L :dhd:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More in depth maybe, or not lol, just a different way... we can go matchup by matchup... post the matchup, give both teams until tomorrow to post their game plan vs the other team we vote and go to the next matchup give them the day to post etc

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for optimization, and think that's a great idea in the future. But that would have to be a draft where you had maybe two teams instead of just the one. Limiting it just to one makes it so that the top tier players will ultimately just determine who wins.

In baseball, you're not guaranteed to win if you draft Ruth or Bonds. In NFL, you're not guaranteed to win drafting Montana or Rice. In basketball, if you limit Jordan to playing a half, you're not guaranteed to win either. But if you say Jordan can play 40 minutes, that's a whole different ball game, especially in a limited context with drafting years and number of HOF eligible players to be selected.

Great points... I’ve lost with Ruth and Bonds, Montana and Rice on the Same team! Oh and Jordan with no minute restrictions... wait :scratch:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First round loss no minutes restriction :mad2:

Ritzy

STARTERS
PG - Steve Nash
SG - Dwayne Wade
SF - Larry Bird
PF - Kevin McHale
C - Shaquille O’Neil

BENCH
PG - Bob Cousy
SG - Klay Thompson
SF - Paul Pierce
PF - Dennis Rodman
C - George Mikan

VS

WLK

Starters
PG - Chauncey Billups
SG - Michael Jordan
SF - Elgin Baylor
PF - Moses Malone
C - David Robinson

Bench
PG - Walt Frazier
SG/SF - Tracy McGrady
SF - Chris Mullin
PF/C - Bob McAdoo
C - Bill Walton

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball has the least amount of variance drafting because there's only 5 starters. MLB has 9 position players, plus 5 starters and 5 for a pen. NFL you have basically 22-24 starters.

There would be no reason for any NBA drafts if you base it off of starters only.

Yea I get that but i think it still makes more sense than drafting a team and then...not judging it like a normal basketball team...

Its not like the bench would be meaningless it would just be LESS meaningful which makes sense.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I totally get that and agree. I just dont see the value in doing a basketball draft and then trying to make the voting based on alternate version of basketball. We all know the stars matter more in basketball. So they should matter more in our voting of basketball too. I dont think thats a bad thing.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First round loss no minutes restriction :mad2:

Ritzy

STARTERS
PG - Steve Nash
SG - Dwayne Wade
SF - Larry Bird
PF - Kevin McHale
C - Shaquille O’Neil

BENCH
PG - Bob Cousy
SG - Klay Thompson
SF - Paul Pierce
PF - Dennis Rodman
C - George Mikan

VS

WLK

Starters
PG - Chauncey Billups
SG - Michael Jordan
SF - Elgin Baylor
PF - Moses Malone
C - David Robinson

Bench
PG - Walt Frazier
SG/SF - Tracy McGrady
SF - Chris Mullin
PF/C - Bob McAdoo
C - Bill Walton

Don't love your fits around him TBH. Your team is vastly superior talent-wise though. Should have started Frazier for sure.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally get that and agree. I just dont see the value in doing a basketball draft and then trying to make the voting based on alternate version of basketball. We all know the stars matter more in basketball. So they should matter more in our voting of basketball too. I dont think thats a bad thing.

That's why I suggest two teams. That way you at least have to stagger some of the talent that you draft. In NBA above any other sport, there's the largest gap between All time great players and secondary all time great players.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I suggest two teams. That way you at least have to stagger some of the talent that you draft. In NBA above any other sport, there's the largest gap between All time great players and secondary all time great players.

Let’s do it

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m banning NBA Mocks now. The NBA is no longer a sport. We can switch to hockey even though it sucks lolzzz

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m banning NBA Mocks now. The NBA is no longer a sport. We can switch to hockey even though it sucks lolzzz

Surprised LBJ didn’t go to Warriors :sadbron:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I am up for anything on the voting....

No minutes. Two lineups?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 629.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had half and half in mind, but I won't complain either way.