• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #6 - San Jose at St. Louis - 5:00PM

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely understand that theory, but I think that ultimately, even playing just 16 mins/gm increases injury risk and still means they get hit for 16 mins. With the olympic break being another 5-10 hard fought games for the sharks top players, it seems even more clear to me that resting the big dogs once a month makes a lot of sense to heal the bumps and bruises and also gives the opportunity to practice more and do more conditioning while healing thenagging injuries. Preseason+regular+olympics+PO's is a 9 month grueling gauntlet and playing every one of those, even with some limited ice, seems like you are setting your older guys up for injury and exhaustion.

I dont see how it sends a bad message to give a break to your top vets. I can understand fans being mad at not seeing the top players every game, but if they are 100% whenthey are in there, that seems better.

Oh right, Olympics. That does change things for any Shark going to Sochi. The occasional day off would be welcome for any 34 year old body in this condensed schedule. I support your original idea. Otherwise Thornton may be playing in his 88th game as the playoffs are just starting.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I care about knowing how Boyle is doing more than Lapierre's possible suspension. I hope he can return soon and has a safe trip home to San Jose.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A lot of good reports and good news coming out about Boyle today.

Boyle Ok After Leaving on a Stretcher | TrueHockey

Sources say Boyle, who stayed overnight in a St. Louis hospital, was alert this morning and felt much better than expected. I’m told he’s suffered no facial injuries as a result of the hit from Blues forward Maxim Lapierre.

Boyle will travel back to San Jose this morning.

Anytime you’re knocked out, Doctors treat the injury as a concussion. Under the concussion protocol he will need to be symptom free for seven days before being allowed to return to the lineup.

Sources say Boyle was not dealing with headaches or any other symptoms related to a concussion this morning. When looking at the replays it’s amazing he didn’t break his jaw or at the very least cut himself open.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news on Dan Boyle. Wish him well. Very scary incident, league needs to make an example out of Maxim Lapierre.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad Dan Boyle is going to be okay - now the league needs to throw the book at Max Lapierre

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I care about knowing how Boyle is doing more than Lapierre's possible suspension. I hope he can return soon and has a safe trip home to San Jose.

I'm with you MrChango. Get well soon Boyle.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His name isnt Raffi Torres, so expect that book thrown to be more like a short story...

Let's be honest, Raffi has earned his reputation every bit as much as Lapierre. I'm not about to pretend that Torres doesn't deserve every game of a suspension he gets.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Let's be honest, Raffi has earned his reputation every bit as much as Lapierre. I'm not about to pretend that Torres doesn't deserve every game of a suspension he gets.

The difference is Torres is actually a skilled player, Lapierre is a no talent ass clown that I still cant figure out how he has lasted in the NHL... If Torres got a whole series in the playoffs for a non illegal hit, than Lapierre deserves 15gms minimum for a blantent check from behind... That hit couldve turned Draper-esque... Just because Boyle somehow got lucky and only got KOd with no damage done, that shouldnt have any barring on the length of the suspension. The intention was their to smash a guy into the boards from behind, no matter what way you look at it. Its a completely different action than Torres open ice hit in the playoffs, which was legal and only suspended because Shannahan is a dbag

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Teh scum feels bad and apologized and called Boyle's cell (he didn't pick up)...

I mean... I'm sure he feels like shit but still upset over it and don't really want to cut him any slack. /sigh

Last edited by a moderator:

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The difference is Torres is actually a skilled player, Lapierre is a no talent ass clown that I still cant figure out how he has lasted in the NHL... If Torres got a whole series in the playoffs for a non illegal hit, than Lapierre deserves 15gms minimum for a blantent check from behind... That hit couldve turned Draper-esque... Just because Boyle somehow got lucky and only got KOd with no damage done, that shouldnt have any barring on the length of the suspension. The intention was their to smash a guy into the boards from behind, no matter what way you look at it. Its a completely different action than Torres open ice hit in the playoffs, which was legal and only suspended because Shannahan is a dbag

Exactly!!! This hit and the Torres hit on Stoll aren't even remotely the same. In fact, Raffi should not have even been penalized.
If a Sharks player did what Lapierre did, I would say the same thing, he deserves at least 10 games. Time to get these guys to stop doing this....

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
wow Doug Armstrong St Louis GM says the hit on Boyle by Laippiere was a hockey play "gone awry" what fucking league are you watching?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lapierre has been suspended 5 games.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:think: maybe Boyle's agent should have said he's not doing to good the day after.

But either way the league missed the ball on this one.

Get better soon Boyle.