• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 6) Miami Heat vs. 3) Philadelphia 76ers

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, players in their mid-30s who have been around the block might just be looking to settle down and chase a ring, so Redick (earned $78M in his career), Belinelli ($37M), and Illyasova ($67.7M) could all sign cheap deals. Also have to factor in the strong international culture/influence that the Sixers have.

Redick is probably the only one of that group that could possibly take a discount IMO. Even then I don't think it'll be that huge of a discount. A few mil a year but nothing quite so low considering he'll have full MLE value at minimum anywhere around the league. Bellineli should be still trying to earn as much as possible. Ilyasova could be a bit different, but you never know.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Sixers sign Lebron and don't have room to offer Redick a contract, I would actually hope the Warriors would be a team that would highly consider offering him the full MLE. He'd be a huge upgrade over Swaggy who got the full MLE this year.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont even know if you get the MLE if you start the offseason under the cap....im not sure how that works to be honest.

Maybe you do- i really dont know--- to me it doesnt make sense that youd get an "exception" to go over the cap if yo uare under the cap....maybe after the hit the cap they can then go over it and used the MLE. Im not sure though.

I cant remember a scenario where a team used the MLE after it was under the cap at hte beginning of the offseason.

http://bfy.tw/Hjkh

There are two types of MLEs.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Sixers sign Lebron and don't have room to offer Redick a contract, I would actually hope the Warriors would be a team that would highly consider offering him the full MLE. He'd be a huge upgrade over Swaggy who got the full MLE this year.

Hey stop being so greedy, the Warriors are loaded. Jammin' Jimmer Fredette needs a job & he'd be a nice addition to GS's bench.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey stop being so greedy, the Warriors are loaded. Jammin' Jimmer Fredette needs a job & he'd be a nice addition to GS's bench.

Jonny Flynn >>>> Jimmer Fredette

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://bfy.tw/Hjkh

There are two types of MLEs.
yah tax payer and non tax payer---- if you are over the salary cap apron you only get the mini mid level. However- the two types are not relevant to our convo

you dont get either apparently if you are under the cap at the start of the offseason.

To quote "A team can't act like it's under the cap and sign free agents using cap room, and then use its Disabled Player, Bi-Annual, Mid-Level and/or trade exceptions."

after reading that its hard for me to come to any other conclusion than that you dont get the MLE if you are under the cap at the beginning of the offseason--- and that also kind of passes the smell test/common sense test as well.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron isnt a mercenary that is going to be known for team hopping and ring chasing.

Oh for the love of....

Did you really just post this?

Plus- I am sure the Sixers would do it and sign LeBron if they could--- but why not just do your own thing? simmons is going to be up for an extension soon.....Im sure they would find a way to work it--- but Simmons, LeBron and Embiid on the same payroll at huge deals would not be easy to deal with.

If Lebron James wants to come to Philadelphia, he will be coming to Philadelphia regardless of the salary cap issues. If you are hoping that salary cap concerns will prevent it from happening, you are living in a fantasy world.

I cant see him going anywhere besides the Lakers or Cavs------ even with the Rockets- him and CP would each have to take big time discounts to make that work --- not only that but guys like Capela woudl be gone anyway.

Its Lakers or Cavs....id lean towards the Cavs right now but am totally cognizant of the fact that the Lakers have a not-insignificant shot.

It all depends on what is the most important thing for him.

Going to Philly would be give him the best possible chance to win a title next year. I honestly think that Houston would be a terrible choice for him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the Warriors, like the Cavs, would only have the mini mid level available which is about 5M per.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for the love of....

Did you really just post this?

If Lebron James wants to come to Philadelphia, he will be coming to Philadelphia regardless of the salary cap issues. If you are hoping that salary cap concerns will prevent it from happening, you are living in a fantasy world.

It all depends on what is the most important thing for him.

Going to Philly would be give him the best possible chance to win a title next year. I honestly think that Houston would be a terrible choice for him.
i dont doubt that (in the bold) --- my point was that you dont get the MLE

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly could have it's shot at a couple under the radar guys like Seth Curry or Ian Clark too to fill a shooter role. There's always Andre Ingram too. :dhd:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the Warriors, like the Cavs, would only have the mini mid level available which is about 5M per.

Yeah, I think you're right. Puts them out of play for Redick. Bellineli might be in play though. I doubt Seth Curry would want to come back to the Warriors, but he could be an option since he's coming off injury. Or Bob Myers could just say "Fuck it, let's get weird" and go after Michael Beasley as a bench scorer.

It'll be really interesting to see what the Warriors do free agent wise because they're pretty limited. Javale may possibly be back after his late season resurgence and play back into the rotation. If he's guaranteed a shot at the starting role, that could entice him. Not sure if David West is planning on being back and Looney is likely gone because of CBA reasons. Pachuila is probably a goner. That leaves Draymond, Bell and Jones as the only for sure guys who will be on the roster next year.

They may try to go after a Nerlens Noel on a one year deal and promise him lots of PT to build his stock back up. That's probably best case scenario though.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Montalban >>>> Jimmer

Ok I took it too far
you-shut-up-graphic.jpg

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think you're right. Puts them out of play for Redick. Bellineli might be in play though. I doubt Seth Curry would want to come back to the Warriors, but he could be an option since he's coming off injury. Or Bob Myers could just say "Fuck it, let's get weird" and go after Michael Beasley as a bench scorer.

It'll be really interesting to see what the Warriors do free agent wise because they're pretty limited. Javale may possibly be back after his late season resurgence and play back into the rotation. If he's guaranteed a shot at the starting role, that could entice him. Not sure if David West is planning on being back and Looney is likely gone because of CBA reasons. Pachuila is probably a goner. That leaves Draymond, Bell and Jones as the only for sure guys who will be on the roster next year.

They may try to go after a Nerlens Noel on a one year deal and promise him lots of PT to build his stock back up. That's probably best case scenario though.
why would u want bellineli? gross

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would u want bellineli? gross

Well when you're cap strapped, you have limited options. Of guys who would be available, he's gotta be towards the top of the list. I've also seen him a lot first hand when he was a younger player drafted by the Warriors, his game has evolved, but also has some untapped skill still there. He's an underrated play maker and given an opportunity in the Warriors system, he could thrive not just as a spot up shooter.

I know you've been shitting on him lately in threads but as a backup SG on a cheapish deal, he's not bad value.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron isnt a mercenary that is going to be known for team hopping and ring chasing.
So what exactly was his reasoning for leaving Cle to form a BIG 3 in Miami? And how do you think this move was viewed if not for being known for team hopping & ring chasing? :L