• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 6) Miami Heat vs. 3) Philadelphia 76ers

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Hart

That was my first thought, but I doubt it.
Somebody bought 2 who only needed 1.
The other they relisted to sell.
I figured he’d bring someone.
He’s been there before when LeBron was here.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Miami wins this series and eliminates the Sixers before Embiid gets healthy but unfortunately I think the Sixers will pull out the series.

Shit- if the Heat somehow pull off the series win, and if they play the Celtics, which looks increasingly likely next round, they can beat them too......it would be a DREAM to get the Heat in the ECF. Honestly that would be freaking so much freaking fun. lol. Not out of the question either.

If both teams make it through round 1, its a distinct possibility.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well when you're cap strapped, you have limited options. Of guys who would be available, he's gotta be towards the top of the list. I've also seen him a lot first hand when he was a younger player drafted by the Warriors, his game has evolved, but also has some untapped skill still there. He's an underrated play maker and given an opportunity in the Warriors system, he could thrive not just as a spot up shooter.

I know you've been shitting on him lately in threads but as a backup SG on a cheapish deal, he's not bad value.
i dunno- i guess im just thinking that the fact the Warriors can offer about 5M a year and a great chance to win a title they might be able to use the mini-mid level on a slightly higher class of player. You never know how things will shake out.

There are a lot of guys that will get very solid contracts in the back court like Smart, Reddick, Evans, Ariza, Tony Parker, Bradley, IT, Hood,

That next level of guys like Ellington, Barton, Rondo, SCurry, Afflalo , Joe Harris, could be interesting -or even post-hype lotto picks like Hezonja, Exum, Payton, McDermont, Shabazz, could be interesting

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno- i guess im just thinking that the fact the Warriors can offer about 5M a year and a great chance to win a title they might be able to use the mini-mid level on a slightly higher class of player. You never know how things will shake out.

There are a lot of guys that will get very solid contracts in the back court like Smart, Reddick, Evans, Ariza, Tony Parker, Bradley, IT, Hood,

That next level of guys like Ellington, Barton, Rondo, SCurry, Afflalo , Joe Harris, could be interesting -or even post-hype lotto picks like Hezonja, Exum, Payton, McDermont, Shabazz, could be interesting

The solid contract guys are all out of the Warriors price range I believe. The next level guys, I like Barton, Herzonja and Ellington in that order. I don't think Seth comes back because he'll want a fresh start somewhere, if not stay in Dallas. The rest I could probably do without. Exum, Payton, Rondo don't fit the Warriors because they're not shooters. I think worst comes to worst and that the Warriors look to give Quinn cook some run as a shooting PG next to Livingston next year.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Sixers sign Lebron and don't have room to offer Redick a contract, I would actually hope the Warriors would be a team that would highly consider offering him the full MLE. He'd be a huge upgrade over Swaggy who got the full MLE this year.
He probably wouldn't take it.

Dude turned down more guaranteed money from the Rockets because he didn't want to come off the bench.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what exactly was his reasoning for leaving Cle to form a BIG 3 in Miami? And how do you think this move was viewed if not for being known for team hopping & ring chasing? :L

I couldn't believe he had the nerve to post that. funny though...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The solid contract guys are all out of the Warriors price range I believe. The next level guys, I like Barton, Herzonja and Ellington in that order. I don't think Seth comes back because he'll want a fresh start somewhere, if not stay in Dallas. The rest I could probably do without. Exum, Payton, Rondo don't fit the Warriors because they're not shooters. I think worst comes to worst and that the Warriors look to give Quinn cook some run as a shooting PG next to Livingston next year.
Joe Harris is an interesting guy if you ask me.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Harris is an interesting guy if you ask me.

I agree he's interesting, but he's more of a bottom of the barrel/last resort option. He did okay for the Nets this year, but he wouldn't be an immediate target. Fall back option, you could do worse I suppose.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he's interesting, but he's more of a bottom of the barrel/last resort option. He did okay for the Nets this year, but he wouldn't be an immediate target. Fall back option, you could do worse I suppose.
i dunno man....shot about 42% from 3 and its not like he was only shooting 1 or 2 a game--- plus its not like he couldve been getting a ton of good lucks on the shitty nets...

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno man....shot about 42% from 3 and its not like he was only shooting 1 or 2 a game--- plus its not like he couldve been getting a ton of good lucks on the shitty nets...

Definitely. His shooting percentage is something you want to see, but everything I've seen of him is more or less he's a spot up shooter. Bellineli can create some and get his own shot if needed. That's more of what the Warriors need on their second unit. They need someone who can add some value in shot creation, whether or not it's their own or for someone else. Bellineli, IMO, has more ball skills than Harris.

That's why I value Barton and Herzonja over Ellington for the Warriors only. It's not simply production, but it's overall ball skills.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are the salaries of all NBA teams this season

I just cant believe the Warriors are right there with the Cavs payroll wise....

Warriors have a TON of guaranteed money on the books and thats before Durant's contract is going to be renegotiated and made bigger this offseason.

Next year:
Curry- 37.5M
Durant- 35 (expected)
Klay- 19
Draymond- 17.5
Iggy- 16
Livingston- 8.5
D. Jones- 1.5
Q. Cook- 1.5
J. Bell- 1.5
Thompson- 1

Those are the guaranteed contracts - plus Durants expected raise.....that is already at 121. The lux tax line is 123.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are the salaries of all NBA teams this season

I just cant believe the Warriors are right there with the Cavs payroll wise....

Warriors have a TON of guaranteed money on the books and thats before Durant's contract is going to be renegotiated and made bigger this offseason.

Next year:
Curry- 37.5M
Durant- 35 (expected)
Klay- 19
Draymond- 17.5
Iggy- 16
Livingston- 8.5
D. Jones- 1.5
Q. Cook- 1.5
J. Bell- 1.5
Thompson- 1

Those are the guaranteed contracts - plus Durants expected raise.....that is already at 121. The lux tax line is 123.

Yup, this was to be expected. There will be a significant bump in Durants pay this off-season. I kind of expect the Warriors to purchase an additional second round pick this year again. They need to keep getting guys on the cheap to fill out the roster and on controlled contracts.

Jones looks to be in the rotation next year, as will be Bell. I'm thinking the Warriors are hoping they step up as the primary backups. Livingston is only partially guaranteed after next year, so I'm assuming he'll be let go to allow for a pay raise to Klay.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very excited that Embiid is now listed as probably but also feeling trepidation about it. I'm sure the team knows what they are doing.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. Now it'll be no excuses when the Heat win again.