• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 6/13 Drunkards @ Perfecto

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are still up 3-2, but it doesn't feel that way after that disgraceful 2nd half (36 points, 1 pt. in the final 6:30) with a chance to win it on home court. They didn't do anything to deserve to win. Game 6 will be tough.

And that's the problem -- everyone focuses in on the offense, and not the 61 points given up in the first half.

It was shameful D, overlooked b/c it was tied at half.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's the problem -- everyone focuses in on the offense, and not the 61 points given up in the first half.

And the lack of Dray had NOTHING to do with that...

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The D was an issue, too, not doubting that, but the 2nd half lack of offense cost them the game IMHO. Take a look at some of the shots that Irving made with Thompson right in his face. What else could have been done there? Irving was on fire. Also, with Green out, James had a big game. Green would have slowed him down. As for the poor 2nd half offense, that was more on the Warriors than Cleveland's D. Warriors missed a few wide open shots. Curry and Thompson were 7-21 combined (2-11 on 3 pt. FG's) in the 2nd half. Kerr said in the postgame that it was just one of those nights where the shots weren't going down.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the lack of Dray had NOTHING to do with that...
why the snark? Nobody is saying Green wasn't missed. The point is this: lack of Green shouldn't have been an open invitation to completely ignore defensive effort.

It was awful basketball.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D was an issue, too, not doubting that, but the 2nd half lack of offense cost them the game IMHO. Take a look at some of the shots that Irving made with Thompson right in his face. What else could have been done there? Irving was on fire. Also, with Green out, James had a big game. Green would have slowed him down. As for the poor 2nd half offense, that was more on the Warriors than Cleveland's D. Warriors missed a few wide open shots. Curry and Thompson were 7-21 combined (2-11 on 3 pt. FG's) in the 2nd half. Kerr said in the postgame that it was just one of those nights where the shots weren't going down.

Guess we'll agree to disagree. It wasn't offense that cost the game, IMO. It was truly horrid defense.
Kerr also said repeatedly that the defense was terrible.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess we'll agree to disagree. It wasn't offense that cost the game, IMO. It was truly horrid defense.

The D will have to be much better if they have any hopes of winning Game 6 in CLE. I think we would both agree on that. Also, with Green back, I would expect a much better defensive effort, along with more on the offensive end.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The D was terrible, but predictably so. I thought they could win a track meet type game 120-115 or so, they certainly have the firepower. But when your firepower misses all those shots, you can't even win that way.

I predicted Warriors in 7 when it started, and that looks like how it's shaping up. Happy to be wrong by one game of course!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D was terrible, but predictably so. I thought they could win a track meet type game 120-115 or so, they certainly have the firepower. But when your firepower misses all those shots, you can't even win that way.

I predicted Warriors in 7 when it started, and that looks like how it's shaping up. Happy to be wrong by one game of course!
I figured it would be Dubs in 5 or 7 (didn't figure they would be able to win a game 6). In the series thread, I "voted" "Warriors in 6 or 7".

But not only were the Dubs a bunch of construction workers last night (everyone was laying a ton of bricks), the Cavs were dropping e erything they were throwing up. I think there is a STRONG possibility that the momentum never would have gotten as bad as it did had Dray been in there working with Iggy on James and Irving. Asking Trey to step up defensively AND carry the offense was just too much.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Broadway just gave up an EWS in the top of the 9th and the Rivercats now trail 4-1.

I thought we had some decent pitchers in the minors, but the bullpens suck badly in Sacto and Richmond.

San Jose and Augusta's are pretty good.

Bickford had a great game pitched today for Augusta.
San Jose's was pretty good last year too and most of those guys melted in AA.