• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 6/13 Drunkards @ Perfecto

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, Dogs just left sax full in 8th, down 3-2

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Broadway just gave up an EWS in the top of the 9th and the Rivercats now trail 4-1.

I thought we had some decent pitchers in the minors, but the bullpens suck badly in Sacto and Richmond.

San Jose and Augusta's are pretty good.

Bickford had a great game pitched today for Augusta.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craw!!! 2 run 1B

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a quick vent...

This is EXACTLY why I am not a fan of the NBA. WWE is more legit competition. The league totally rigged this shit so they could get extra games out of this series.

Add this to the Pheonix debacle and the Donaghy situation, and I can't believe anyone takes that league seriously.

Don't forget 2001 NBA Western Conference Finals (which I guess falls under the Donaghy umbrella). I'm still fucking bitter about that.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap: :clap: :clap: to Bochy for the lineup changes, you can already see how comfortable Belt is in the 3 spot, Duffy relaxing and producing at 5. And some love for Span that risk I think we can say officially worked. The pen too, 5.1 innings 2 runs, not shut down but a legit save of Cain having a bad night. Solid FYWW performance.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers lose 3-2. Just watched the highlights, the D-Backs made some fantastic plays in the field.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horseshit.

The Ws played zero defense and got steamrolled. Nothing to do with "conspiracy." The NBA gets paid the same no matter how many games the series goes. #logicfail.

The Ws deserved to get their asses kicked. Defend like bitches, lose like bitches. #shameful.

Cain wasn't much better either.

Chill, Nolan. The defense being awful might have had something to do with a missing person. You didn't see this coming?

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers lose 3-2. Just watched the highlights, the D-Backs made some fantastic plays in the field.
There is a quote from ZG saying he chose the dbacks because of this, and their all around Hustle.

I guess the $ didn't hurt either.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a quote from ZG saying he chose the dbacks because of this, and their all around Hustle.

Lot of baseball left no reason it can't turn into a 3 team race.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Peter O'Brian robber Juster Turner of a homerun, Segura made an over the shoulder catch running into CF, and the best one of all was Michael Bourn (yes, that guy) diving to catch a sinking liner for the final out of the 8th inning. The bases were loaded and if he missed, LA would have went ahead.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horseshit on your horseshit.

Drey should have been in that game. LBJ walk all over him, he flails his arm at him, and HE gets a flagrant?

Horseshit.

So extra TV, gate and concessions <> more money?

O...K...

Double horseshit. No DayDay doesn't excuse awful effort on D or shitty ball security. I agree LBJ is a bitch, but that was AWFUL effort. As for the league getting more $ for a longer series, it's not true. They sold the rights to televise for a set fee, independent of how long the series goes. ABC makes more money; the teams make more money. The NBA does not.

Chill, Nolan. The defense being awful might have had something to do with a missing person. You didn't see this coming?

I saw us losing. I did not see us giving zero effort. It was embarassing.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Double horseshit. No DayDay doesn't excuse awful effort on D or shitty ball security. I agree LBJ is a bitch, but that was AWFUL effort. As for the league getting more $ for a longer series, it's not true. They sold the rights to televise for a set fee, independent of how long the series goes. ABC makes more money; the teams make more money. The NBA does not.

I saw us losing. I did not see us giving zero effort. It was embarassing.
1) I never stated that the game itself (in a vacuum) was stolen. The team that the Cavs put on the court destroyed the team that the Dubs put on the court.

2) So the fact that they didn't have the second best defensive player in the world did not have an effect on the defense they were able to play? O... K...

3) The Association wants ABC to make money. That just makes the property more valuable.

4) How do YOU explain Drey getting a F1 for flailing at a guy who threw him to the ground and rubbed his nuts in his face, but the guy who did the throwing and rubbing only got a T? I could ALMOST understand the call if it was made at the time with no video. But to come to that conclusion after watching the vid? After Sacto/LAL? After Donaghy? After Phoenix? The league is too dirty to give it the benefit of the doubt here.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) I never stated that the game itself (in a vacuum) was stolen. The team that the Cavs put on the court destroyed the team that the Dubs put on the court.

2) So the fact that they didn't have the second best defensive player in the world did not have an effect on the defense they were able to play? O... K...

3) The Association wants ABC to make money. That just makes the property more valuable.

4) How do YOU explain Drey getting a F1 for flailing at a guy who threw him to the ground and rubbed his nuts in his face, but the guy who did the throwing and rubbing only got a T? I could ALMOST understand the call if it was made at the time with no video. But to come to that conclusion after watching the vid? After Sacto/LAL? After Donaghy? After Phoenix? The league is too dirty to give it the benefit of the doubt here.

I think the league bent over for LeBitch. I don't buy the conspiracy. And your "follow the money" argument is too tenuous. Also, arguing from the negative is specious logic. Essentially you're saying "I assert a conspiracy. If you cannot refute my tenuous argument completely, then it must be correct."

I don't think there's a conspiracy to extend the finals. Donaghy acted on his own, IIRC, not under league sanction.

I think two things are equally true: 1. LeBitch saw a way to game the system to weaken the Ws. 2. DayDay put himself in position where any minor slip up could end in suspension.

LeBitch was devious; DayDay was stupid. Added together, we get an extended series. Did DayDay's absense hurt? OF COURSE. It's not results I'm arguing, it's EFFORT. Steph was AWFUL on D last night. Klay was solid. Iggy was generally decent. HB was useless. Liv was bad. Mo has always been bad. Festus was OK. Blur was bad. etc. etc. It was effort that was lacking and it was embarassing.

Hopefully, they play D on Thursday. It'll be tough with Bogut done.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James "gaming the system" is all part of it. The league bent over backwards (as they always have to Magic, Kobe, Jordon, James, etc) for a star and made an absolutely ridiculous ruling. How could Drey be assessed a F1 and James only a T? It would have been more "correct" to asses James an F2 and Drey a T. The fact that the Association benefited greatly by this head-scratching ruling just adds to a series of very odd decisions over the years by the PsTB (again, Kings/Lakers, Phoenix, the Donaghy situation and the evidence that he was only one of many refs involved).

Even if this is all BS, and I am reading into it what is not really there, there is certainly the appearance of impropriety. And that makes the sport stink.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are still up 3-2, but it doesn't feel that way after that disgraceful 2nd half (36 points, 1 pt. in the final 6:30) with a chance to win it on home court. They didn't do anything to deserve to win. Game 6 will be tough.