• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(5) Philadelphia Flyers vs (4) Pittsburgh Penguins Round 1: There will be blood

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malkin's a pimp!

56093840573620276974013.jpg

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturdays game went from super exciting to completely meaningless in a matter of minutes last night. Can't we just not play it? Both these teams need the extra rest going into this bloodbath.

I'd seriously be perfectly fine not playing it. Lets do that. Meaningless two points, going to rest the stars, probably back up goalies...and I really think I'd like to lose it. My thought being "well, if we lose now, that's one less next week, right?!" Bizarre? Maybe...but just think about it. Haha.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say play this game like a playoff game. Start the game with Shitty,Rinaldo and Talbot.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens have recalled Steve McIntyre and he will be in the lineup tomorrow. Is Sestito still out?

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd seriously be perfectly fine not playing it. Lets do that. Meaningless two points, going to rest the stars, probably back up goalies...and I really think I'd like to lose it. My thought being "well, if we lose now, that's one less next week, right?!" Bizarre? Maybe...but just think about it. Haha.

I'm kinda down with this. Theoretically both teams should just skate it out for 65 minutes tomorrow and have a shootout, because no way does any smart coach give up his gameplan for the series the game immediately prior to the series. Whether that actually happens, we'll see, but it's definitely what I'd prefer. It's going to be a brutal series and neither team really wants to get hurt, but I sure could see guys on both sides trying to set the tone.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens have recalled Steve McIntyre and he will be in the lineup tomorrow. Is Sestito still out?

Short answer yes. This call up doesn't surprise me though, I already figured this game would get out of hand.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short answer yes. This call up doesn't surprise me though, I already figured this game would get out of hand.

McIntyre is absolutely useless. From what i have read and heard here in Pittsburgh is the Penguins don't want a war unless the Flyers want to play that way. I'm assuming McIntyre will only see the ice if something gets out of hand.

And i'm sure the league has instructed the officials to toss people at will. So i think it will be tame for the most part.

But God i hope i'm wrong...

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McIntyre is absolutely useless.

Except he's a total goon and since he doesn't need to worry about playing time he may try to make a name for himself by hurting someone. I have no problem with a tough guy/grinder coming in to a game like this but if he runs someone I'll be pissed. This is going to be a great series with tons of emotion as it is I don't want to see anyone go down on a dirty play.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except he's a total goon and since he doesn't need to worry about playing time he may try to make a name for himself by hurting someone. I have no problem with a tough guy/grinder coming in to a game like this but if he runs someone I'll be pissed. This is going to be a great series with tons of emotion as it is I don't want to see anyone go down on a dirty play.

You have to get close to a guy before you can cheap shot him. McIntyre's such a bad skater, even if he wanted to hurt a Flyer with a dirty play, he'd never be able to get close enough to one to do it. :L

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to get close to a guy before you can cheap shot him. McIntyre's such a bad skater, even if he wanted to hurt a Flyer with a dirty play, he'd never be able to get close enough to one to do it. :L

Thanks for the scouting report Dark, I feel better now.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, anything can happen today but after all the hype I think it will be kind of a boring game...and I'm ok with that.