• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#5 Los Angeles Kings vs #1 Chicago Blackhawks WCF series thread

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

Kings played their usually Saturday afternoon game. Meaning they didn't show up.

….Hawks are pretty good; that 7 game series with the Red Wings really revved up their game to a high level. Will they maintain it ? Their 3rd & 4th lines really help …..

….Hawks were the better team today, shots on goal withstanding….won more puck battles, closed off the middle; Crawford really didn’t have much to do…

How can we let Scuderi go ? By far our best player tonight.

Hawks attacked all the Kings defenseman, but really went after Muzzin; would’nt mind some Alec Martinez in Game 2……

Richards was my “You’re killing me Smalls” player both offensively and defensively, even before he got wracked at the end. He has to be better in Game 2, assuming he wasn’t concussed…..

Good to see Stoll out there; if Richards is hurt he’ll really be needed tomorrow…..

Both Penner penalties were weak, and the final penalty looked like a dive…..Best officials in the world ? Maybe not….but clearly the Hawks deserved the win regardless….

On to Game 2 !

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Penner penalties were weak, and the final penalty looked like a dive

Oh boo hoo. Bolland was tripped near the end of the game. It was an obvious penalty and not a dive.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolland's so called hit in Richards that everyone is clamoring about being a dirty hit was nothing of the sort.

I have looked at the replay from all angles and at all speeds. Bolland is hit next to his own net, he is twisted around, NEVER leaves his skates and hits Richards in the chin WITH HIS BACK, not his elbow.

How that could be a suspendable offense is beyond me. Hockey's a tough game. Sometimes accidental contact happens. This was not even close to being an elbow to the head (chin). And that's also the reason Bolland didn't get a penalty on the play.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not exactly claiming a series victory over the Kings after one game. After all, the Hawks looked unbeatable against the Red Wings after Game 1, then looked less than stellar while losing the next three.

However, a back to back after a home win benefits the Hawks this time. Against the Wings, who were supposedly tired after their 7 game win over the Ducks, they got twodays off to rest. And two days off to regroup and be coached up.

The Kings have no such luck. With a game the next night, it will be difficult for Darryl Sutter and his staff to meaningfully change things up. Actually, I'm thinking the Hawks take even more control of Game 2 than they were in the first game. Kings will be even more tired and the Hawks have energy to burn. Plus, the Hawks roll four lines all day so everyone should be equally as fresh.

Don't look for much of a letdown from the Hawks. The number one issue they will have all series is finding a way to beat Jonathan Quick, who is far and beyond the Kings best player. Creating more traffic in front and throwing a ton of pucks to the net will give the Hawks the best chance to win. Greasy goals from rebounds and redirects are what usually wins games in the playoffs, and especially against the Kings who are very solid defensively.

If the Hawks can solve Quick, it doesn't bode well for the offensively challenged Kings.

sjsharksfan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Kings have been mediocre on the road all season, they just can't seem to find the back of the net on the road. It's been killing them.

Chicago will have no problem winning this series if they solve Quick - he's the only reason why that team has made it to the WCF after being out played by the Blues and Sharks.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I am rooting for the Kings, they have no reason to complain about diving. Those who live in glass houses....

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Bolland left his feet when he hit Richards.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Bolland left his feet when he hit Richards.

Look again...and closer.

Anyways, the NHL has decided NOT to review the Bolland hit on Richards.

Case closed.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pierre LeBrun@Real_ESPNLeBrun22m
Kings coach Darryl Sutter says Mike Richards is fine. Didn't want to further discuss the hit.

Last edited by a moderator:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pierre LeBrun@Real_ESPNLeBrun22m
Kings coach Darryl Sutter says Mike Richards is fine. Didn't want to further discuss the hit.

Hey Dutter:
tumblr_micdtdSwxe1rd9r0mo1_400.gif

Richards out for this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to be a good one.......Lets get it one !!!

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always turn the volume way up when Chicago does the national anthem.

Good luck Hawks and Kings fans.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings already running around a bit.

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash