• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#5 Los Angeles Kings vs #1 Chicago Blackhawks WCF series thread

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen a team lose the first two on the road and come back to win the series. Might as well just give the Blackhawks the Clerance Campbell Bowl right now. They have that gear no other team has, roll four lines, and are just too fast for the Kings to keep up with.

Didn't LA do that a few weeks ago?

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 Blackhawks made Quick look vulnerable and ordinary in Game 2. Will he rebound, or will he be just another slightly above average goalie? Hawks need to continue throwing pucks at the net with traffic. Not so sure Quick has an outstanding game tonight.

2 Kings have to muscle it up, hit hard and create separation of the puck away from the Hawks players. So far, the Hawks have had the upper hand in the physical play...not in the number of hits but the effectiveness of the hits they have produced.

Not sure what is in Darryl Sutter's mind right now. So far, he's stinking it up as a coach.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings have scored the last two goals in this series and therefore have the momentum.

cju84

Logic Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings have scored the last two goals in this series and therefore have the momentum.

Tell me this is a joke. Kings having any sort of momentum from the last game just shows you didn't watch a single second of it.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what is in Darryl Sutter's mind right now. So far, he's stinking it up as a coach.

Or maybe it's a case that the Kings are running out of healthy bodies. Stoll is back, but he's not 100%, Kopitar continues to play, but he looks like a shadow of himself, and now Richards is banged up. Those are some pretty big hits down the middle of the ice.

/Not making excuses, Hawks deserve to be up 2-0 in the series, but it could explain a couple of things.

Last edited by a moderator:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe it's a case that the Kings are running out of healthy bodies. Stoll is back, but he's not 100%, Kopitar continues to play, but he looks like a shadow of himself, and now Richards is banged up. Those are some pretty hits down the middle of the ice.

/Not making excuses, Hawks deserve to be up 2-0 in the series, but it could explain a couple of things.

this morn, Ferraro said Brown is injured too

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe it's a case that the Kings are running out of healthy bodies. Stoll is back, but he's not 100%, Kopitar continues to play, but he looks like a shadow of himself, and now Richards is banged up. Those are some pretty hits down the middle of the ice.

That's for sure. Like you said not making excuses but he is obviously more than just dinged up. It always happens this time of year and this is where the luck part comes into it. All teams have injuries it's just a matter of how many, how severe and what players get them.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings had a great run last year with few injuries. Kings may be banged up this year but are still in it. Hawks are having a great year and seem to be back to the way they were early in the year. Not giving up. Kings could come back. Game one they kept it close. Game two they scored 4. Two on Crawford , two on Quick and he is hard to score against;)
It is really my fault. I did not wear the SC ring hoping to change their luck. Put it on when i got to work today.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Darryl Sutter confirming what is fairly obvious: Mike Richards not playing tonight (concussion)

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just laid all my Vcash on the Hawks. Now they have to win.

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe it's a case that the Kings are running out of healthy bodies.

Yes, I think they've been Suttered. They escaped it last year because he was brought in late but he may have driven another quality team into the ground.

I'm not a big Sutter fan, he made me work on some crow recipes last year. Tough break about Richards, shame he was injured on a questionable hit.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I think they've been Suttered. They escaped it last year because he was brought in late but he may have driven another quality team into the ground.

I'm not a big Sutter fan, he made me work on some crow recipes last year. Tough break about Richards, shame he was injured on a questionable hit.

About the hit: I think it should/could have been charging 2 minutes. I think he hit his head on the board/ice. Kings went last year mainly injury free. This year they have had a few. Dems the breaks. Hawks have just played better so far. Every team has injuries, some worse than others. If the Kings lose i will not cry (too much). They won the cup last year and so far have gone pretty far and are behind to a "better" team. I think they have proven that last year wasnt a fluke. Now if they beat the Hawks then i think the Eastern team will have a battle on their hands