• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5 calls Patriots fans can use to blame the refs for their Super Bowl loss

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True 1 SB in 20 years and Pats have been lucky to be in 3 of the last 4 years

Luck can play a part in it..... I mean no one really practices the helmet catch do they...LOL

I am a firm believer in luck......but you still need to be very good.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck can play a part in it..... I mean no one really practices the helmet catch do they...LOL

I am a firm believer in luck......but you still need to be very good.

True Pats fans have been spoiled with Brady going to 8 SB's crazy

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True Pats fans have been spoiled with Brady going to 8 SB's crazy

Yup.... Luck has played a big part in a lot of the Patriots success. One can even argue they may be one of the luckiest teams out there. However it is not the only reason they are successful. They still have to play the game. They were beating very good teams. You do not beat the best teams in the NFL consistently unless you are as good as the team you are playing against. Tom Brady is an amazing QB. The Eagles were getting close but he was too calm and got rid of the ball before they coud finish the push. Lesser QB's would have panicked.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, no Pats fans have complained about this petty shit. They have been pretty classy about this whole deal.

On the Foles TD, while the photos do appear to show not enough guys lined up on the line of scrimmage, Peter King reported that before the snap, Alshon Jeffery specifically asked the ref whether he was close enough to the line and the guy said yes. So, the refs effectively signed off on the alignment before the snap. Nice veteran move by the receiver. Not that his proximity to the line had any bearing on what actually happened, but whatever.

That's pretty bizarre because Jeffries was not even close to the LOS. I still say the Clement's TD under today's fucked up rule was clearly not a TD. And there was illegal contact, obviously, but as posted that only meant another Hail Mary.

I have no idea how Cooks held on to that ball after the hit. But it wasn't cheap or illegal, just a good hard hit.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 5th one was a catch @handicappers

Ertz took 3 steps and dove( football move)

The ground caused the fumble.

Ertz Recovered it

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.... Luck has played a big part in a lot of the Patriots success. One can even argue they may be one of the luckiest teams out there. However it is not the only reason they are successful. They still have to play the game. They were beating very good teams. You do not beat the best teams in the NFL consistently unless you are as good as the team you are playing against. Tom Brady is an amazing QB. The Eagles were getting close but he was too calm and got rid of the ball before they coud finish the push. Lesser QB's would have panicked.
The Pats have had luck on their side and have also been burnt by it.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty bizarre because Jeffries was not even close to the LOS. I still say the Clement's TD under today's fucked up rule was clearly not a TD. And there was illegal contact, obviously, but as posted that only meant another Hail Mary.

I have no idea how Cooks held on to that ball after the hit. But it wasn't cheap or illegal, just a good hard hit.

Under the rule, the receiver apparently has to be lined up as deep as the tackle, not the ball. But he wasn't, he was even further from the line than the tackle.

Again, since he asked the ref, and the ref said it was OK, it wasn't going to get called. If the ref had said something, he would have inched up.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under the rule, the receiver apparently has to be lined up as deep as the tackle, not the ball. But he wasn't, he was even further from the line than the tackle.

Again, since he asked the ref, and the ref said it was OK, it wasn't going to get called. If the ref had said something, he would have inched up.

Yep. Funny when Gibbs asked the refs if he could call back to back timethe outs he didn't get such help. Bit your point makes the bad call argument null and void.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Funny when Gibbs asked the refs if he could call back to back timethe outs he didn't get such help. Bit your point makes the bad call argument null and void.

Thing is, a WR (due to angles/optics) has very little possibility to be sure whether he is properly lined up or not (even with the rough guidance of the position of the tackle). Therefore he has to have the assistance of the refs (upon request - IIRD the WR has to ask the ref whether he is lined up properly (based in his own indication of where he should be lined up)).

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. The Eagles won, in part, because of about 6 or 7 absolutely phenomenal catches.
2. They also won because they didn’t play scared.

The one thing I questioned was when we scored going up 15-6 we went for the 2 point conversion. I don’t like chasing points and would have went for the 1. If we kick that XP at the end of the game we would have been up 7 instead of 5 with the ball im Brady’s hands. But Michigan alum Brandon Graham made the one defensive play neither team could make and won the game.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jenkins' hit wasnt a cheap shot.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. The Eagles won, in part, because of about 6 or 7 absolutely phenomenal catches.

The one thing I questioned was when we scored going up 15-6 we went for the 2 point conversion. I don’t like chasing points and would have went for the 1. If we kick that XP at the end of the game we would have been up 7 instead of 5 with the ball im Brady’s hands. But Michigan alum Brandon Graham made the one defensive play neither team could make and won the game.

Boy ain't that the truth. I swear the success rate on 2 pt conversions is way below 50% at least in the games I watch. And you are right, they often end up needing that point later in the game.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 5th one was a catch @handicappers

Ertz took 3 steps and dove( football move)

The ground caused the fumble.

Ertz Recovered it

Ummm, under the current fucked up rule, that wasn't a catch. Dez Bryant made a catch few years ago that was ruled "no catch". Same thing.. Catch from Steelers TE was called "no catch" for some stupid reason. At least stay consistent. Change the rule, but don't change it in the late 4th quarter of a Super Bowl

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm, under the current fucked up rule, that wasn't a catch. Dez Bryant made a catch few years ago that was ruled "no catch". Same thing.. Catch from Steelers TE was called "no catch" for some stupid reason. At least stay consistent. Change the rule, but don't change it in the late 4th quarter of a Super Bowl

You gotta point.

Hopefully the Rog settles this once and for all

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if the calls were wrong, Pats fans would have no room to complain given they wouldn't have even been in the SB without some BS calls against the Jags and BS no calls on them in the AFCCG.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wrong, the 2-point conversion would have made the score 17-3....the Pats only had 3 points at that time. Makes since to go up 14 when you are playing Brady. It was the right call and should not be questioned, especially when you don't know what the score is

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The rule has changed since Dez, I think they've tweaked it every year since.

And the Jesse James play was not even close to the Ertz play. James took zero steps and lunged as he was catching the ball, Ertz took three steps and dove.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hogan clearout on the Hail Mary is the only one that really bothers me given how blatant it was. But it would have just ended up being an untimed endzone heave from the 35 instead of the 50.

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hogan clearout on the Hail Mary is the only one that really bothers me given how blatant it was. But it would have just ended up being an untimed endzone heave from the 35 instead of the 50.

46 not 35. Illegal contact, not PI. No way the ball was in the air at that point.