• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5 calls Patriots fans can use to blame the refs for their Super Bowl loss

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this article out there so threw it in for debate. Click the link for their explanation of each

1. Brandin Cooks’ concussion

2. Nick Foles’ touchdown catch

3. Corey Clement’s touchdown catch

4. Zach Ertz’s touchdown catch

5. The Hail Mary

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Brandon Cooks hit was a cheap shot to the head. Don't understand why he wasn't tossed for that.

Clement wasn't in bounds.

Ertz bobbled the ball

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Brandon Cooks hit was a cheap shot to the head. Don't understand why he wasn't tossed for that.

Ertz bobbled the ball
I agree with you that it was a cheap shot, but, since Cook was a runner at the time, it was not a rule violation.

I also agree that, based on the current rules, Clement's TD should not have stood, but the rule is wrong and that was a catch damnit (I also believe that Dez Bryant caught the ball).

Ertz's TD was completely legit. Disagree with you on that one.

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't PI on the Hail Mary, it was illegal contact and no one was "draped all over" Gronk. Would have just set up another Hail Mary at the Eagles' 46.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1- Nope...
2- Nope...
3- Nope...
4- Nope....
5- Nope....

Bottom line...NE Defense sucked bigly and Philly defense made a play when it was needed. Period!

When you throw a 3rd down TD to a small RB with 3 defenders on him....shit shouldn't happen.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is I haven't seen NE fans complaining. Had even one of these calls went the other way and NE won the hoop wouldn't have been able to handle the capacity of conspiracy therorists and how the Pats were gifted another SB.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is I haven't seen NE fans complaining. Had even one of these calls went the other way and NE won the hoop wouldn't have been able to handle the capacity of conspiracy therorists and how the Pats were gifted another SB.

This should end this thread. It's really as simple as that.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this article out there so threw it in for debate. Click the link for their explanation of each

1. Brandin Cooks’ concussion

2. Nick Foles’ touchdown catch

3. Corey Clement’s touchdown catch

4. Zach Ertz’s touchdown catch

5. The Hail Mary
i dont blame anyone but patricias game plan and malcolm butler.

oh, and the eagles being the better, deeper team helped.

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. That's just football. Anyone who played knows that. I'd argue it wasn't even cheap. Cooks turned into him at the last second. And definitely nothing against the rules. Their offense wasn't stopped. Not sure how he would have helped even more.

2. Alshon says he checked with official that he was on the ball. If he didn't I agree it could have been illegal.

3. I think it was called correctly. He never lost control of the ball. It did not once look like a bobble IMO. He adjusted it and though his hand came off for a second it was pinned to his body and it didn't move at all. Also think if it was ruled incomplete would have stayed incomplete. Just one of those plays.

4. LOL

5. LOL

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup, no Pats fans have complained about this petty shit. They have been pretty classy about this whole deal.

On the Foles TD, while the photos do appear to show not enough guys lined up on the line of scrimmage, Peter King reported that before the snap, Alshon Jeffery specifically asked the ref whether he was close enough to the line and the guy said yes. So, the refs effectively signed off on the alignment before the snap. Nice veteran move by the receiver. Not that his proximity to the line had any bearing on what actually happened, but whatever.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually other then the Clement catch I would not dispute any of the other calls. And I am not sure there was enough video evidence to conclusively turn over the Clement catch.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers fans, they got nothing else to talk about!

200w.gif

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually other then the Clement catch I would not dispute any of the other calls. And I am not sure there was enough video evidence to conclusively turn over the Clement catch.

I agree, that was the only questionable one.

And of course, if you want to play this game, you would want to look at the possible PI against the Pats that wasn't called on the two point conversion, etc.

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a football game! You win some, and you lose some. While I wasn't happy about some of those calls, Cooks being one, if they say it's legal then who the hell am I to argue with people who know the rulebook better than me. As I said earlier, congrats to Eagles fans - enjoy the win, your team deserved it. Go argue with your wife haters if you feel the need to kick something.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a football game! You win some, and you lose some. While I wasn't happy about some of those calls, Cooks being one, if they say it's legal then who the hell am I to argue with people who know the rulebook better than me. As I said earlier, congrats to Eagles fans - enjoy the win, your team deserved it. Go argue with your wife haters if you feel the need to kick something.

Turn in your Mass-hole card... You're OUT!!!

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ertz bobbled the ball

Wrong - the Brandon Cooks hit was a cheap shot to the head. Don't understand why he wasn't tossed for that.

Maybe - Clement wasn't in bounds.

Wrong - Ertz bobbled the ball

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is why the Patriots lost. The Eagles made more plays in the end. The did to the Patriots what the Patriots have done to just about everyone else except the Giants.

The Eagles did not play like scared little bitches when they looked across the field and saw the mighty Patriots. The Jags could have beaten them but played conservative. That seems to be the modus operandi for many teams playing the Pats in the playoffs. If they get a lead they play not to lose it instead of continuing to play to win.

It was a 12 round toe to toe fight. Neither of them had a defense to speak of. Both just kept throwing punches. The Eagles landed a few more punches to eak out a decision.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is why the Patriots lost. The Eagles made more plays in the end. The did to the Patriots what the Patriots have done to just about everyone else except the Giants.

The Eagles did not play like scared little bitches when they looked across the field and saw the mighty Patriots. The Jags could have beaten them but played conservative. That seems to be the modus operandi for many teams playing the Pats in the playoffs. If they get a lead they play not to lose it instead of continuing to play to win.

It was a 12 round toe to toe fight. Neither of them had a defense to speak of. Both just kept throwing punches. The Eagles landed a few more punches to eak out a decision.

Congrats hellova team