• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 5/23 Champs @ Rox Game 2

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the stats are on that...do teams sweep DHs less often than they win 2 games in a row on consecutive days? Is there a road/home factor?

going from memory here, I think the overall percentage of splits on DHs are 80 %. It wouldn't vary from home to road, as every DH has both, so a home split by one team would be a road split for the other. I remember that home sweeps are more frequent than the road sweeps, but I don't recall the exact numbers.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going from memory here, I think the overall percentage of splits on DHs are 80 %. It wouldn't vary from home to road, as every DH has both, so a home split by one team would be a road split for the other. I remember that home sweeps are more frequent than the road sweeps, but I don't recall the exact numbers.

Thanks, that's one data point How does that compare to winning 2 in a row on consecutive days vs the same team? I'm just curious if something about the DH itself makes it harder to win 2, or if winning 2 in a row is itself 'difficult'

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am waiting on some docs from a client, so I had some spare time to take a look at doubleheader stats. Apparently, sweeping doubleheaders isn't nearly as tough as it used to be. 52% of dh since 2005 have ended in a sweep. Home teams have about 58% of the sweeps, which is slightly higher than the overall home winning pct.
Overall, home teams win about 61% of all dh games, which is significantly higher than the average home winning pct (about .535).