• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
altering the thread name, hope for some better juju

here's hoping next year looks like:

lindblom-giroux-voracek
weal-filpula-simmonds
schenn-couturier-weiss
konecny-vechionne-bellemare

provorov-myers
ghost-gudas
morin-hagg

someone good, but not signed for too long
neuvirth

or better :)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lindblom-giroux-voracek
weal-filpula-simmonds
schenn-couturier-weiss

provorov-myers
ghost-gudas
morin-hagg

neuvirth

Lets go young studs!!!!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lindblom-giroux-voracek
weal-filpula-simmonds
schenn-couturier-weiss

provorov-myers
ghost-gudas
morin-hagg

neuvirth

2 questions about this who do you think will be our starting goalie and what do we do with Manning and MacDonald

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philadelphia Flyers
What happened:
The Flyers won 10 straight games between Nov. 27 and Dec. 14 and were third in the Metropolitan Division, two points behind the first-place Pittsburgh Penguins. Between Dec. 15 and March 1, Philadelphia went 10-16-4 and scored an NHL-low 54 goals in those 30 games.

What's needed: More consistency on offense. The Flyers scored four or more goals in a game 22 times and one goal or fewer 21 times. Better seasons from some of their core players also are needed. Center Claude Giroux and defenseman Shayne Gostisbehere each had hip and abdominal muscle surgeries in May and rarely appeared to be playing at 100 percent. Forward Jakub Voracek and center Sean Couturier were extremely streaky. Forward Brayden Schenn tied for the League lead with 17 power-play goals, but scored eight at even strength.

Reasons for optimism: The Flyers have one of the deepest, most talented group of prospects in the League. Defensemen Travis Sanheim, Samuel Morin and Robert Hagg could be contributors next season, as could goaltender Anthony Stolarz and forward Mike Vecchione, a Hobey Baker Award finalist who signed an entry-level contract March 31. They also had a League-high nine players skate in the 2017 IIHF World Junior Championship, including the starting goaltenders for silver-medalist Canada (Carter Hart), Sweden (Felix Sandstrom) and Slovakia (Matej Tomek).

-- Adam Kimelman

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 questions about this who do you think will be our starting goalie and what do we do with Manning and MacDonald
It looks like our 7 dmen could be:
Provorov
Gudas
A Mac
Ghost
Manning
Morin
Hagg

As veterans, A Mac and Manning can be the 7th. Injuries will cause more playing time for the 7th. I thought Hagg looked liked he belonged last night. Confident and physical. That still leave Sanheim and Myers for more learning and potential call up.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like our 7 dmen could be:
Provorov
Gudas
A Mac
Ghost
Manning
Morin
Hagg

As veterans, A Mac and Manning can be the 7th. Injuries will cause more playing time for the 7th. I thought Hagg looked liked he belonged last night. Confident and physical. That still leave Sanheim and Myers for more learning and potential call up.
I thought Haag looked solid in all areas last night and i thought he had a better debut than Morin in the skating department but Morin is effeminately going to bang.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Haag looked solid in all areas last night and i thought he had a better debut than Morin in the skating department but Morin is effeminately going to bang.
The defense will definitely be more physical with Morin and Hagg than MDZ and Schultz. Hagg with 4 hits and Morin with 7. Neither put themselves out of position while delivering. The future is bright.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awwwww hell. I didn't see this one.... Awesome, lets kick the tires on this bitch and get us a Cup.

I'll repost this on here instead of the old one!!!

I get a chance, I'll post up some pics from Saturday's game!!!!
I have a fuckin KILLER pic of Ghost taking a shot from the blue line!!!!!

I'm going to have it blown up poster size for my Man Cave.

Also a great pic of Simmer passing one to Gee for a shot, and one of Simmer!!!!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wish with every ounce of my being they'd be rid of MacDonald, but i don't think that'll happen. I think he'll be on the team, likely in the top 6 honestly. But i'm hoping he's 7th or sent down.

I actually thought Manning's contract was up and didn't think they'd resign him. That's not correct, so he'll be back in some capacity. Unless they trade him or he's Vegas' pick. I doubt the latter, but i could see a Manning+draft pick(s) to move up in the draft somewhere along the way. I think they're going to have to move at least one dman, i fully expect at least 2 rookies on the backline to start the season. I expect a 3rd to come up at some point too. So you've got a bit of a logjam there.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fun from twitter (but also sucks for Eichel)..

Draisaitl's two point night last night bumped Eichel out of the top 10 in pts/game by .01. Being in the top 10 in ppg was a $2 million bonus for him. :eek:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish with every ounce of my being they'd be rid of MacDonald, but i don't think that'll happen. I think he'll be on the team, likely in the top 6 honestly. But i'm hoping he's 7th or sent down.

I actually thought Manning's contract was up and didn't think they'd resign him. That's not correct, so he'll be back in some capacity. Unless they trade him or he's Vegas' pick. I doubt the latter, but i could see a Manning+draft pick(s) to move up in the draft somewhere along the way. I think they're going to have to move at least one dman, i fully expect at least 2 rookies on the backline to start the season. I expect a 3rd to come up at some point too. So you've got a bit of a logjam there.
With MacDonald's contract he isnt getting traded and i believe after this season Hacks likes the way he played so i believe a top 6 also. I think Meyers stays down until someone gets hurt. It would be nice to trade manning and a pick to move up but im not sure that's enough to move up. We definitely have a log jam back there which is why i was suggesting we add a pick to move A Mac to Vegas. Who knows hopefully it gets sorted over the summer.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fun from twitter (but also sucks for Eichel)..

Draisaitl's two point night last night bumped Eichel out of the top 10 in pts/game by .01. Being in the top 10 in ppg was a $2 million bonus for him. :eek:
Dam that stinks so bad. Draisaitl is a really good offensive player so to lose to him isn't that bad but to lose the 2 mil by .01 stinks.