• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see how everyone's feeling about MacDonald 10 games or so into the season...:suds:

Hopefully Provorov can continue to cover for him without retarding his own development.

"Hey, if I can play well with this stiff I can play well with anyone!"

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see how everyone's feeling about MacDonald 10 games or so into the season...:suds:

Hopefully Provorov can continue to cover for him without retarding his own development.

"Hey, if I can play well with this stiff I can play well with anyone!"
We are supposedly not winning the cup for two more years anyway so why not use his experience while we wait for his contract to expire.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are supposedly not winning the cup for two more years anyway so why not use his experience while we wait for his contract to expire.

I know this is said with sarcasm and irritation, but I still think that's true...

If they could magically get rid of AMac and replace him with a veteran 3rd pair dman for 1-2mil, that would be ideal. Unfortunately I don't think that's happening.

I would definitely be concerned about going a full season with Gudas and Ghost as your two most experienced guys.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to get rid of that contract but i dont think even Hexy can pull that off. He can be helpful to our young d core this season.
Yes anything to help expedite growth I'm all for it. I think this team exceeds expectations this year, But I'll always hope for that lol.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes anything to help expedite growth I'm all for it. I think this team exceeds expectations this year, But I'll always hope for that lol.

I hope we exceed expectations this season im tired of finishing out of the playoffs or just making it in with an 8 seed.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we exceed expectations this season im tired of finishing out of the playoffs or just making it in with an 8 seed.
I would just like to get them there for the experience factor first, if they can blow it up then great, I just want to see them compete at a high level in the playoffs for a change or at least show promise of whats yet to come.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is said with sarcasm and irritation, but I still think that's true...

If they could magically get rid of AMac and replace him with a veteran 3rd pair dman for 1-2mil, that would be ideal. Unfortunately I don't think that's happening.

I would definitely be concerned about going a full season with Gudas and Ghost as your two most experienced guys.

It's sort of the bed we've made though and now we have to sleep in it. The other side of this is we may be better off in the long run with all of these rookies getting on the job training now. Who better to be our 7th defender than MacDonald? We really don't want him taking a spot from a prospect in the minors and he's proven how below average he is at the Nhl level.

Toronto did moderately well starting 6-7 or more rookies all season long and we can replicate that or better, theoretically. You could argue that we have a lot more veteran leadership than they do too. These guys should bounce back.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sort of the bed we've made though and now we have to sleep in it. The other side of this is we may be better off in the long run with all of these rookies getting on the job training now. Who better to be our 7th defender than MacDonald? We really don't want him taking a spot from a prospect in the minors and he's proven how below average he is at the Nhl level.

Toronto did moderately well starting 6-7 or more rookies all season long and we can replicate that or better, theoretically. You could argue that we have a lot more veteran leadership than they do too. These guys should bounce back.

We shall see. I highly doubt they go from playing Macdonald 1st pair minutes last season to scratching him or sending him to the Phantoms. I think that veteran presence is strongly desired, especially early in the season. And I really don't think that's a bad thing.

I'd love to see them finish with 3 rookies on defense, I'm just not sure you have to start there.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Toronto had 251 goals we had 219. Toronto was 5th in the league in goals for while we were tied for 20th out of 30 teams. If we scored 251 goals last season we would have done fine with the defenseman that were on our team last year.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From LeBrun on the rumour mill.
Sanheim and a 3rd rounder for Pacioretty,and Montreal would retain part of his salary.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From LeBrun on the rumour mill.
Sanheim and a 3rd rounder for Pacioretty,and Montreal would retain part of his salary.

Have not seen that from LeBrun, only Eklund.

1. I would be shocked if Montreal wanted to do that. They just traded their "Sanheim" (Sergachev) for offensive help (Drouin). Why would they basically reverse that trade?

2. Pacioretty has one of the best contracts in the league and puts up 30 goals every season. He's basically Wayne Simmonds. A little more point production, a little more expensive. If I were Montreal, I'd want a heck of a lot more than Sanheim and a 3rd for him.

3. If that's a legitimate rumor, I'd do it in a heartbeat from the Flyers perspective.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see. I highly doubt they go from playing Macdonald 1st pair minutes last season to scratching him or sending him to the Phantoms. I think that veteran presence is strongly desired, especially early in the season. And I really don't think that's a bad thing.

I'd love to see them finish with 3 rookies on defense, I'm just not sure you have to start there.
We also still have Manning. I expect A Mac to get top 4 minutes and Manning to be #7 and 1st injury replacement.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have not seen that from LeBrun, only Eklund.

1. I would be shocked if Montreal wanted to do that. They just traded their "Sanheim" (Sergachev) for offensive help (Drouin). Why would they basically reverse that trade?

2. Pacioretty has one of the best contracts in the league and puts up 30 goals every season. He's basically Wayne Simmonds. A little more point production, a little more expensive. If I were Montreal, I'd want a heck of a lot more than Sanheim and a 3rd for him.

3. If that's a legitimate rumor, I'd do it in a heartbeat from the Flyers perspective.
Still not sure how Eklund gets a pay check.