• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go back to Elliott, but if he struggles again, we need to pull him and try something else. Hakstol probably should've pulled him sooner in game one. Not sure why you let him get lit up for five goals first. We needed the spark earlier than that.

Like I said before, I think our fourth line accomplished more of what we want to do than any of our other lines. They often held the puck in the offensive zone, cycled it and got scoring chances.

We did lose the special teams battle in this game, but it wasn't the deciding factor. Neither was the fact that the refs missed at least six minutes in penalties on Pitt. We wouldn't have taken advantage of them anyway.

Keep banging bodies in their zone and slow them down. Murray is too comfortable back there too. We need guys in front of the net and pucks getting on that net with that traffic.

I still feel like this was more of a 3-5 game than an 0-7 games, but we literally go no fucking breaks and Criesby was allowed to roam free in the third period to get his hat trick.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're playing a really important regular season game and the Pens are playing for the Cup. That's the difference right now and it needs to change. I think it will and that's a huge lesson learned for our young squad.

The big key here is to stay physical and play hard for the whole game, no matter the score. It's a series, you can't take a period off because you're down by a lot or ahead by a lot.

If these guys get by us, that's expected and all, but if they are lifting a third straight fucking Cup in June, we didn't do enough in this series to prevent it. There are zero fucking excuses for that. All the games they've played in the last several seasons, we should be the fresher team and the hungrier team too.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go back to Elliott, but if he struggles again, we need to pull him and try something else. Hakstol probably should've pulled him sooner in game one. Not sure why you let him get lit up for five goals first. We needed the spark earlier than that.

Like I said before, I think our fourth line accomplished more of what we want to do than any of our other lines. They often held the puck in the offensive zone, cycled it and got scoring chances.

We did lose the special teams battle in this game, but it wasn't the deciding factor. Neither was the fact that the refs missed at least six minutes in penalties on Pitt. We wouldn't have taken advantage of them anyway.

Keep banging bodies in their zone and slow them down. Murray is too comfortable back there too. We need guys in front of the net and pucks getting on that net with that traffic.

I still feel like this was more of a 3-5 game than an 0-7 games, but we literally go no fucking breaks and Criesby was allowed to roam free in the third period to get his hat trick.

I was actually OK with keeping Elliot in there. Part of the reason the Flyers always have goaltending controversies in the playoffs is because coaches are quick with the hook. I thought the team would rebound in the 2nd period, get their feet under them, and start competing. That didn't happen and it looked like a bad coaching move.

In that same vane, I think you have to go back to Elliot tomorrow and I think you have to give him a normal leash. You have to try to establish an even footing. It's not like they have a great backup or a young guy with lots of potential that could surprise. The other alternative is a mediocre NHL backup.

Can't let one blowout dictate too much. It counts the same as a 1-0 loss in the series. Have to treat it like that and come back and execute in game 2.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're playing a really important regular season game and the Pens are playing for the Cup. That's the difference right now and it needs to change. I think it will and that's a huge lesson learned for our young squad.

The big key here is to stay physical and play hard for the whole game, no matter the score. It's a series, you can't take a period off because you're down by a lot or ahead by a lot.

If these guys get by us, that's expected and all, but if they are lifting a third straight fucking Cup in June, we didn't do enough in this series to prevent it. There are zero fucking excuses for that. All the games they've played in the last several seasons, we should be the fresher team and the hungrier team too.

Couldn't agree with this more. The Pens started that game looking like back to back champs. The Flyers started it like half of them had never seen a playoff game before.

In other words, they played like their experience would dictate they'd play. Tomorrow is a different animal. The guys that had never seen playoff hockey have played it now. And they're pissed about the result. Tomorrow will be a totally different game.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant wait for the line ups. Id like to see if Hagg is in or if the goalie is changed.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant wait for the line ups. Id like to see if Hagg is in or if the goalie is changed.
Pretty sure twitter stated that line up in practice yesterday was exactly the same as game 1

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game has me nervous only because I just don't think the young team that we are is experienced enough to climb from being down in a series 0-2..And a coach like Hakstol let's see how he handles the situation tonight if we are down early? I'm saying we win tonight with a score of 6-4. Giroux will get this team rolling again.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game has me nervous only because I just don't think the young team that we are is experienced enough to climb from being down in a series 0-2..And a coach like Hakstol let's see how he handles the situation tonight if we are down early? I'm saying we win tonight with a score of 6-4. Giroux will get this team rolling again.
Lets do this!