• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmer its 3-0 and you're pushing and shoving with Aleksiak behind the net. Why not drop the gloves and give us a spark?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well. That was everything that could go wrong. Came out jittery. Bad goaltending performance. Took a handful of penalties. 1st line got overpowered. 2nd line was invisible. Crosby got his hat trick. Every bounce went the pens way.

Maybe they piled it all in to one game. Bad luck. Bad performance. Bad discipline.

Game 2 is Friday.
I agree and hope they shot their load in game one at home.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmer its 3-0 and you're pushing and shoving with Aleksiak behind the net. Why not drop the gloves and give us a spark?
I hope this guy is truly hurt cause yea we were getting worn out and that could gave been a good time for a spark. Instead Coots kills Letang lol and we end up down 4-0 via their PP. Great coaching EH?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this guy is truly hurt cause yea we were getting worn out and that could gave been a good time for a spark. Instead Coots kills Letang lol and we end up down 4-0 via their PP. Great coaching EH?
Im not worried i think they were at their best with plenty of luck and we were at our worst with all bad luck.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and i can just hear the Canadian accent you've added at the end.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ugly ugly

I thought we were playing pretty well but couldnt catch a break or get a big save

i truly believe and hope we have our best game of the season Friday.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id even give Lyon a shot. Fuck every god damn year

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ugly ugly

I thought we were playing pretty well but couldnt catch a break or get a big save

i truly believe and hope we have our best game of the season Friday.

Agree with this. Then in the 3rd they threw in the towel a little bit.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh....
I keep telling myself that this is year three of a long term rebuild/restock of an organization that was short on youth and long on contracts. In those first three years with a college coach they have made the playoffs twice. That sounds pretty good when you step back and look at it...cause last night was a team effort suckfest.

SSS---UUUHHH__CK Fest

Dress Hagg over...anyone who isn't Ghost or Provorov
Dress Leier and get some speed on the wings that isn't G.
If the team is going to get pushed around and run over and play not to take penalties...they are going to loose.

I would have rather seen Lyon over Mrazek all along...and now we are stuck with that head case. He can be good, but he is not solution...and Elliot was not so bad that he can be called the problem.

PS...Hakstol is not the problem. Players not playing...that is the problem. When they play his system, they win, they compete. When they don't ....

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to do better on our power play. Every time Giroux touches the puck they go right to him and not allow him to set up. I think we need to use the point more with traffic out front.
Id try Simmonds and Patrick on the PP and leave Couts off for now.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id start Mrazek if it was me
Cant hurt. Elliott's rebound control has disappeared and that was a huge difference between the two. At least when Mrazek plays they know there will be a rebound on every shot except on his glove side.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh....
I keep telling myself that this is year three of a long term rebuild/restock of an organization that was short on youth and long on contracts. In those first three years with a college coach they have made the playoffs twice. That sounds pretty good when you step back and look at it...cause last night was a team effort suckfest.

SSS---UUUHHH__CK Fest

Dress Hagg over...anyone who isn't Ghost or Provorov
Dress Leier and get some speed on the wings that isn't G.
If the team is going to get pushed around and run over and play not to take penalties...they are going to loose.

I would have rather seen Lyon over Mrazek all along...and now we are stuck with that head case. He can be good, but he is not solution...and Elliot was not so bad that he can be called the problem.

PS...Hakstol is not the problem. Players not playing...that is the problem. When they play his system, they win, they compete. When they don't ....

A lot more execution related problems than effort problems IMO. I thought they brought a pretty good, physical game. Especially Konecny and Laughton, even Lehtera at times. And they generated some good scoring chances in the first half of the game, they just didn't finish them. Laughton and Sanheim in particular. The PP also needed to be better, more crisp. They needed to take some pressure off G, move the puck to Voracek's side to switch it up a bit. And then of course Elliot was a mess. 1st one was maybe OK, 2nd one no chance, but the 3rd one he has to save. Any goalie at the professional level should be able to make that save.

The Pens capitalized on the Flyers mistakes (HELLO ZONE CLEARANCES) a couple times and before you knew it it was 3-0 Pens. From there they got a couple of bounces that went their way and the blowout was on. Once it was 5 zip they threw in the towel. From the coaches (played Manning the most of any dman in the 3rd) on down.

I did not think it was an effort problem last night. They just didn't execute and ran into a much more experienced and arguably more talented team that was fired up from the jump.

Tomorrow will be a totally different game I predict. Now the Flyers know what's coming.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot more execution related problems than effort problems IMO. I thought they brought a pretty good, physical game. Especially Konecny and Laughton, even Lehtera at times. And they generated some good scoring chances in the first half of the game, they just didn't finish them. Laughton and Sanheim in particular. The PP also needed to be better, more crisp. They needed to take some pressure off G, move the puck to Voracek's side to switch it up a bit. And then of course Elliot was a mess. 1st one was maybe OK, 2nd one no chance, but the 3rd one he has to save. Any goalie at the professional level should be able to make that save.

The Pens capitalized on the Flyers mistakes (HELLO ZONE CLEARANCES) a couple times and before you knew it it was 3-0 Pens. From there they got a couple of bounces that went their way and the blowout was on. Once it was 5 zip they threw in the towel. From the coaches (played Manning the most of any dman in the 3rd) on down.

I did not think it was an effort problem last night. They just didn't execute and ran into a much more experienced and arguably more talented team that was fired up from the jump.

Tomorrow will be a totally different game I predict. Now the Flyers know what's coming.
THIS^^^^^^

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I though Raffl was hitting pretty hard also. I didn't realize Gudas had 9. Keep up the physical, clear the puck from the zone and hope we live long enough to wear them down.