• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4_9_E_R_S!!!!! ESPN Refugee BS Thread

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tony Moeaki - TE - Chiefs

ESPN's AFC West Blog suggests Chiefs TE Tony Moeaki as a possible trade target for the Patriots.

Our own Evan Silva made the same suggestion on Twitter Wednesday. The oft-injured Moeaki is currently rehabbing a knee scope and is questionable for the start for camp, but when healthy he has the skill set of a versatile move tight end. He's also now behind both Anthony Fasano and rookie Travis Kelce in Kansas City, and was coached by current Patriots assistant Brian Daboll last year. ESPN also suggests Broncos TE Joel Dreessen as another possible trade target. Related:
Source: ESPN.com

Jun 27 - 8:30 AM

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize that some may be hesitant to click. If so, go to Google, look up and go to the UK version of Vogue's website and follow the above instructions. Someone hacked vogue... I just didn't want to say what they did to it. Or it might have been an employee or publicity stunt, I suppose.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So I guess there's now a 5 minute time limit for editing threads instead of 10 minutes. What do you think of that?

I have a really crappy keyboard & don't see a lot of my typos until I see it in the posted format (or especially font errors, etc) and edit a lot of my posts after the fact. I'm not a huge fan of this.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess there's now a 5 minute time limit for editing threads instead of 10 minutes. What do you think of that?

I have a really crappy keyboard & don't see a lot of my typos until I see it in the posted format (or especially font errors, etc) and edit a lot of my posts after the fact. I'm not a huge fan of this.

I understand the reasons for a time limit on editing, but I like 10 minutes better. If two posters are responding to each other in quick succession, editing by the other can be annoying, but that's there in 5 or 10 minutes. Otherwise, I like to fix typos or explain one part of it. I write longer posts so I'm a little different in that aspect of editing.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I understand the reasons for a time limit on editing, but I like 10 minutes better. If two posters are responding to each other in quick succession, editing by the other can be annoying, but that's there in 5 or 10 minutes. Otherwise, I like to fix typos or explain one part of it. I write longer posts so I'm a little different in that aspect of editing.

I could see that, but I honestly haven't seen that happen even one time on SportsHoopla. It used to happen on the BSPN forum, but I've never seen it happen here. Has anyone else?

I don't think 10 minutes us enough time for those kinds of shenanigans. In fact, I would have preferred they changed it to 15 minutes.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/site-announcements-help-suggestions/103966-edit-posts.html

Reading this, it sounds like with the new wave of ESPN Trolls, some of them were using the edit feature to troll. I'm not exactly sure how, I can guess that they would do something like go to a rival board and start troll threads to say something that would piss people off then start the timer and edit it 9 minutes later to something a lot less offensive and then claim innocence?

It probably went down in the water cooler. I don't think it has happened on the 49ers board, but it must have been a problem on one of the other big boards.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out the Banner on the Lions page here on SportsHoopla. Ha, I don't know how long it will be up, but it is a very interesting take on a team Banner.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Braylon Edwards - WR - Free Agent

The Jets are currently putting free agent Braylon Edwards through a physical and are on the verge of signing him.

30-year-old Edwards has struggled with various injuries the past few seasons, including to his knee. If the Jets pass him, he'll immediately step onto the practice field and compete for snaps at New York's thinnest position. Santonio Holmes' recovery from Lisfranc surgery remains behind schedule, and there are serious doubts about whether Holmes will be ready for the season opener.
Source: Manish Mehta on Twitter

Jul 24 - 1:52 PM

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Belichick fan or anything, I just thought this answer was fitting and probably made the reporter a bit upset. They asked the same question, just worded differently, today in the press conference like 10 times and he gave the same answer each time. We can't speak about the legal stuff. We have a process we go through - not perfect, but more good than bad. Etc.

Q. For clarification, someone asked about your knowledge of the 2012 double homicide and the incident in Miami and your answer was ‘no.’ Was that no, you can’t comment or no, you didn’t know?

Belichick: That would be no.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You know those radio commercials for beer with the guy who says "gather 'round" & gives a motivational speech? I want to punch whoever made those commercials in the face, and if I drank beer I would make sure ever to buy whatever brand it is they're selling. I can't even get through the first 10 seconds of those spots without having to change the station they're so annoying, stupid and patronizing.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Darrius Heyward-Bey - WR - Colts

Darrius Heyward-Bey has "dropped a few already" in Colts camp.

It's not exactly news, but just a reminder that a change of scenery isn't suddenly going to soften DHB's famously awful hands. DHB is supposedly running as the Colts' No. 2 receiver over T.Y. Hilton in camp, but it would be surprising if that remained the case through the end of August. DHB's skills (read: speed) are far more suited to a situational role.
Source: Indianapolis Star

Jul 30 - 2:07 PM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Riley Cooper - WR - Eagles

A video purportedly showing new Eagles No. 2 receiver Riley Cooper using a racial slur has surfaced online.

A man alleged to be Cooper — who bears a striking resemblance to Cooper — was captured using the ugly slur at a Kenny Chesney concert. In the likely event the man is confirmed to be Cooper, he could be facing both league and team discipline. That doesn't even take into account the rift it could cause with many of his teammates. It's a shameful episode.
Source: Deadspin

Jul 31 - 4:20 PM