• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4_9_E_R_S!!!!! ESPN Refugee BS Thread

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No "ifs" about it - Young should have been the QB traded - But, here is the rest of the story.

Sensing the end was near for the Greatest of all Time with 5 going on 6 rings, we would have drafted the QB steal of the '93 draft, Mark Brunell, with our 5th-round, 116th pick instead of drafting Artie Smith (who?) and continued our playoff prowess.

Brunell, now with the 49ers gets over the hump winning at least one ring and is voted to nine pro-bowls on his way to a HOF induction.

Thus, if we had traded, instead of keeping perennial playoff pant-shitter Steve Young, we would have had 7 Rings (6 by Joe), AND back-to-back HOF QB's.

Instead we got 5 Rings, back-to-back HOF QB's and a pair of play-off pants full of shit! But, hey, I'm not bitter. ;)

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I just looked at the old ESPN forum out of curiosity to see what filled the void of the Alex Smith drivel... and wow, that place is such an out of control clusterfuck of trolling. I can't even understand why people post on that board.

Out with the Smith Trolls and in with a bunch of Seahawks Trolls. Every post is either started by one of them to talk shit or is hijacked by them to talk shit, well I'm assuming every post since I stopped looking after the first few.

Kind of funny to read people say, "Don't feed the Trolls" over and over... cause you don't even have to feed them, it is the same as if you were sitting at the beach eating a sandwich and then be swarmed by Seagulls as they swoop in and steal your sandwich bit by bit. Why bother saying don't feed them? Motherfuckers gonna feed themselves...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I just looked at the old ESPN forum out of curiosity to see what filled the void of the Alex Smith drivel... and wow, that place is such an out of control clusterfuck of trolling. I can't even understand why people post on that board.

Out with the Smith Trolls and in with a bunch of Seahawks Trolls. Every post is either started by one of them to talk shit or is hijacked by them to talk shit, well I'm assuming every post since I stopped looking after the first few.

Kind of funny to read people say, "Don't feed the Trolls" over and over... cause you don't even have to feed them, it is the same as if you were sitting at the beach eating a sandwich and then be swarmed by Seagulls as they swoop in and steal your sandwich bit by bit. Why bother saying don't feed them? Motherfuckers gonna feed themselves...

A seagull at the Santa Monica pier grabbed the churro out of my hands, flying from behind me, right after I took one bite (not while it was in my mouth, though). True story. Cool story? Nah, just on topic. :)

Plus, saying don't feed the trolls after every troll post when nearly all who post are trolls, just doubles the posts, almost.

santiagodjs

Yahoo! Refugee / Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Out with the Smith Trolls and in with a bunch of Seahawks Trolls...

And that is why I am thankful that Google led me to this forum lol. ESPN forum is a mess. Too hard to read good football talk over there.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No "ifs" about it - Young should have been the QB traded - But, here is the rest of the story.

Sensing the end was near for the Greatest of all Time with 5 going on 6 rings, we would have drafted the QB steal of the '93 draft, Mark Brunell, with our 5th-round, 116th pick instead of drafting Artie Smith (who?) and continued our playoff prowess.

Brunell, now with the 49ers gets over the hump winning at least one ring and is voted to nine pro-bowls on his way to a HOF induction.

Thus, if we had traded, instead of keeping perennial playoff pant-shitter Steve Young, we would have had 7 Rings (6 by Joe), AND back-to-back HOF QB's.

Instead we got 5 Rings, back-to-back HOF QB's and a pair of play-off pants full of shit! But, hey, I'm not bitter.

Young gets a lot heat that I dont think is justified. Young didnt play that bad against the cowboys loss. The defense was a huge let down

And Joe Montana could not stay healthy. I dont think he makes it alive through the beginning of the 94 season when young was getting killed back there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Instead we got 5 Rings, back-to-back HOF QB's and a pair of play-off pants full of shit! But, hey, I'm not bitter. ;)

Young gets a lot heat that I dont think is justified. Young didnt play that bad against the cowboys loss. The defense was a huge let down

And Joe Montana could not stay healthy. I dont think he makes it alive through the beginning of the 94 season when young was getting killed back there.

Excuses? Seriously? Montana Doeneed No Stinking Excuses! – But imagine how many more SB’s and SB-MVP’s he would have if we wanted to afford him as many as Young needs. Fair?

As for getting killed, yeah, I disagree. Montana was always MUCH better at managing protection and Barton was the RT. Overall, Young had twice the O'Line in '94 than did Montana and he hit the deck nearly twice as often. For his career Young hit the deck nearly as often as Alex Smith.

Listen, I know you are a Young fan and I am not a Young hater by any means but comparing him to Montana is just a waste of time vs. someone who was there with eyes wide open.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look how small Rice looks next to Kap - Gesuz! Kap showing some nice touch - Charissa showing some nice accuracy too~! - But(t) who is looking at her throws? Great Video!

[YOUTUBE]upfNOEMDFDM&NR[/YOUTUBE]

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look how small Rice looks next to Kap - Gesuz! Kap showing some nice touch - Charissa showing some nice accuracy too~! - But(t) who is looking at her throws? Great Video!

[YOUTUBE]upfNOEMDFDM&NR[/YOUTUBE]

What a burn! "Almost looks like the first half of the superbowl"

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a burn! "Almost looks like the first half of the superbowl"

Yeah, I caught that as well but Colin took it right in stride - The kid is coooool and unfazed - I Love It!!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gruesome, but I still think Lattimore's was worse. Johnny Knox's is probably the worse though:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I still think they should get Eric Fisher in the draft to play within that unit:

Jason Peters - T - Eagles

Eagles LT Jason Peters (Achilles) says he's been 100 percent since January.
The outlook on Peters is rosy. Doctors have told him that his twice-ruptured Achilles' tendon will be at 98 percent strength and he's been fully cleared for the offseason program. Before going down, Peters was the best left tackle in the game. His return -- coupled with the arrival of Chip Kelly -- is a major boost to the entire Eagles' offense.
Source: Geoff Mosher on Twitter

Apr 2 - 12:26 PM

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nowhere else to put this (not thread-worthy), as I'm posting it for the excerpt below and not about Asomugha or Gbaja-Biamila.

49ers Blog and Q&A: In Harbaugh he trusts: Asomugha has background with 49ers coach

Side note: Gbaja-Biamila said both he and Asomugha had a fondness for Harbaugh when the three were in Oakland in 2003. He said they would spend time in Harbaugh's very modest coaching office - "It was a like a shack," Gbaja-Biamila said - after practices. But he also, with a laugh, said he didn't recognize Harbaugh on television sometimes.

"He can be a little socially awkward whenever I watch him on camera," he said. "I sometimes think he's putting on a show. I'm like, 'That is not Jim Harbaugh.' He's just a little socially awkward to make it uncomfortable for the media. ... That's on purpose. I can tell you that for a fact - that's on purpose."

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose this is just to get people to talk about it. Baseball, wrestling, etc. would be more worthy in my opinion - though I don't know who would leave MLB for the Olympics at that time and I'm not into college baseball so I don't know how competitive that would be. Plus, there are a lot of fights, not that that bugs me or anything.

Olympics mulling addition of 3-on-3 basketball, BMX

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
colourblind.jpg

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, that's awesome. 'Bout time someone showed love to the colorblind!

And some loathing. Just kidding, my brother is color blind for a lot of things like red/green, etc. He works at DreamWorks animation so he has to compensate for it a bit. I have trouble if they are shades of, but not solid colors.