• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4_9_E_R_S!!!!! ESPN Refugee BS Thread

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Husain Abdullah signs with Kansas City Chiefs after taking year off for pilgrimage to Mecca - ESPN

"The Chiefs have signed former Vikings safety Husain Abdullah, who gave up football last season to make a pilgrimage to Mecca, in an attempt to add depth to their defensive backfield."

Not sure how his pilgrimage to Mecca was supposed to add depth to their defensive backfield. Kind of a weird attempt. ;)

Sad that I expect it, but I'm kind of surprised that there aren't any negative comments about Muslims in the comment section (no comments at all).

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know many are tired of this song, but after hearing it, I kept hearing "Yourgia" which sounds like "Georgia" so I went to see if there were any parodies of the song using "Georgia." Nope, but I did find this:

Pretty good as far as school music videos. For reference, here's the real music video:

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's not crazy if Giants pick Nicks over Cruz
February, 15, 2013 1:00PM ET
By Dan Graziano | ESPN.com Recommend

Can the New York Giants keep both receivers, Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks, on the team in 2013?

Eli Manning knows he has it pretty good. The New York Giants quarterback won his second Super Bowl title (and MVP award) last year with the help of two star wide receivers who bring none of the diva element often associated with star wide receivers. Manning is aware of this, and said last year in training camp that he considers himself "very fortunate" that Hakeem Nicks and Victor Cruz are as humble and hardworking as they are talented. Undoubtedly, Nicks' health issues were a significant reason for the drop-off in the Giants' passing game in 2012. The Giants are at their best when Nicks and Cruz are both on the field and at full strength. And when the Giants are at their best, they win the Super Bowl.

But trouble looms for this arrangement. Nothing is forever in the NFL's salary-cap era, and the Giants may end up having to decide which of their star wide receivers they keep long-term and which gets sent on his way. Cruz is a restricted free agent this year. Nicks' contract has one year left on it. It's time for the Giants to figure out whether they can legitimately keep both, and if they can't, which one is more important to them.

On Super Bowl Sunday, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that the Giants are more focused right now on signing Nicks to a long-term deal than Cruz. This was something of a surprise, since we've been hearing about the Cruz negotiations for months now, and he's the one whose deal is actually up. My first thought was that a story like that could give the Giants ammunition in their negotiations with Cruz, possibly persuading the player to move closer to the team's number out of concern that they'll turn elsewhere. But even if you look only at the face value of the story, it's really not a crazy idea for the Giants to pick Nicks over Cruz.

Yes, Cruz is the one with the flashier numbers over the past couple of years. No one is arguing his accomplishments. He has 168 catches for 2,628 yards and 19 touchdowns -- numbers that rank among the very best in the NFL for wide receivers. Over the same time period, Nicks has 129 catches for 1,884 yards and 10 touchdowns and has missed four games due to injury. Seems like a no-brainer, right? Give Cruz what he wants and tell the banged-up Nicks he has to take less until he proves he can stay healthy.

But I'm not so sure the Giants think the same way, and honestly I'm not so sure they should. Owner Jerry Reese loves to cite numbers and tell you they can be replaced, and I'm sure that it has come up in negotiations with Cruz's agent that Steve Smith caught 107 passes for 1,220 yards and seven touchdowns in 2009 in the same slot receiver role Cruz plays now, with the same quarterback throwing to him.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Cruz isn't better than Smith. I'm saying that, in the Giants' minds, it may make sense to think that, if Cruz left, Manning could make a star out of whoever they got to replace him. When the Giants tried to play Cruz on the outside more in 2012, it didn't work out too well. When opposing defenses started getting physical with Cruz in midseason, his productivity dipped. He worked to overcome it, but by late in the season the Giants were clearly trying to keep Cruz in the slot as much as possible, to the point where they were using unready rookie Rueben Randle on the outside in some formations. It's entirely possible the Giants could reach the conclusion that the undrafted Cruz, while a tremendous NFL success story, is at his best a great slot receiver and not worthy of No. 1-receiver money.

Nicks, on the other hand, is a first-round draft pick who fits the No. 1-receiver profile perfectly. He's big and physical. He has great hands. He's a technician and a film-room junkie who can master any route. He can outjump and outfight defenders for the ball, over the middle or downfield. He spots the ball in traffic before anyone else does. He has those famously massive hands. It's entirely possible the Giants look at Nicks and see the potential for so much more than Cruz can bring in terms of production in the role of the traditional No. 1 wideout. He's shown it. The only drawback with Nicks is that he hasn't shown an ability to stay healthy. This matters, and should factor into the decision, but the Giants could reasonably decide to bet on his vast potential and the chance that he doesn't remain injury-prone for the rest of his career.

There are other factors at work, of course, and the biggest is money. The Giants might be able to get Nicks right now for less than what No. 1 receivers get on the open market because he's not a free agent and he's coming off an injury season. They have the ability, per the rules, to dawdle with Cruz, since they can tender him as a restricted free agent and put off the long-term decision until next year. In their ideal world, they keep both at their price. But don't be surprised if the price they've picked for Cruz is a lot cheaper than the one to which they're willing to go for Nicks. After the way those two played this year, that might not make the most sense to you as a fan. But it's not crazy to think it makes sense to the Giants.

Dan Graziano
NFL

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Body of Canadian woman found in hotel water tank - Yahoo! News

I don't want to seem insensitive if she was murdered and dumped into the tank... but...

How freakin disgusting for the people who were staying there and taking showers or brushing their teeth with the water that came from the tank where she was decomposing. Not to mention the obvious health risks from such a thing...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Body of Canadian woman found in hotel water tank - Yahoo! News

I don't want to seem insensitive if she was murdered and dumped into the tank... but...

How freakin disgusting for the people who were staying there and taking showers or brushing their teeth with the water that came from the tank where she was decomposing. Not to mention the obvious health risks from such a thing...

Inconsiderate woman. Won't use the B word, because that's not funny here when she's the victim.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The post-Maualuga Bengals
February, 21, 2013 1:22PM ET
By Tim Kavanagh | ESPN.com

With all three of the Cincinnati Bengals' starting linebackers from Week 1 of 2012 set to hit unrestricted free agency, one topic we've been addressing is what the club could look like without Manny Lawson, Rey Maualuga and Thomas Howard. In the case of one of the three, it appears it's more than just a hypothetical now.

Per Adam Caplan of the Sideline View, the Bengals are unlikely to re-sign Maualuga.

The most likely scenario now for the Bengals is that rising second-year pro Vontaze Burfict will shift to MLB; he was inserted at WLB after Howard went down with a season-ending injury early on during the 2012 campaign. As for Maualuga, there are a number of teams that are in the market for inside linebacker help, including the Bills, Vikings, Redskins, Saints and Jets (though Maualuga may not be a fit for some of the clubs that use a 3-4 base defense). And of course, there's the Bears, who may be saying goodbye to Brian Urlacher this offseason, and lack a viable replacement there as of now.

Here's ESPN AFC North blogger Jamison Hensley on Burfict's rise:

Jamison Hensley
Report: Maualuga done in Cincy

"Unlike Maualuga, Burfict surpassed expectations after being forced into the starting lineup in Week 3 when Thomas Howard went down with a season-ending injury. Starting 14 games at weakside linebacker, Burfict totaled a team-leading 127 tackles, which ranked 15th in the NFL. He showed the same explosiveness that made him a first-round prospect coming out of Arizona State. But poor workouts and a questionable attitude led to Burfict going undrafted. Now, it appears Burfict's next move is to middle linebacker."

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty cool space saving. I have a house, not an apartment sized place, but this would be good for some who live downtown SF...

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Would it be inappropriate of me if I told him that I love his mother:

Kyle's mother.jpg

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would be awesome in Seattle... i see that as a good fit, along with the Rams... damn... AZ works too LOL... wtf!!!!!!!

Hope the bears sign him!!!!!!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Many of you might have remembered how high I was on this guy when he was prospect coming out of 'Bama. I would hate to see him in a Cards uniform or a Rams Uni:

Andre Smith's asking price
March, 3, 2013 10:04AM ET
By Tom Carpenter | ESPN.com

In 2011, the Cincinnati Bengals opted against giving right tackle Andre Smith a $4.75 million option bonus and that means he is now an unrestricted free agent. And since they dubbed defensive end Michael Johnson their franchise player for 2013, that means that Smith will hit the open market in a couple of weeks if they fail to lock him up to a new deal before then. According to ProFootballTalk.com's Mike Florio, Smith is looking for a massive payday.

"[W]ord is that Smith is looking for a deal that pays out $9 million per year," wrote Florio.

ESPN NFL Insider Gary Horton thinks that "the Bengals must keep [Smith], and get a healthy Travelle Wharton back at left tackle. Getting better inside in this unit is a priority," and fellow Insider Field Yates agrees:

Field Yates
Offseason Playbook: Bengals

"Smith has developed into one of the premier right tackles in the NFL and is a powerful force in the running game. He has the athleticism to hold up in pass protection against edge rushers. When he gets his hands on an opponent in the running game, he wins. He has the block temperament, footwork and technique to get to the second level, and stabilizes the right side of the Bengals' offensive line. The start of Smith's career wasn't what the Bengals had in mind after drafting him No. 6 overall in 2009, but he eventually has lived up to the billing he had coming out of Alabama. While the Bengals have a need to fortify the linebacker core this offseason, the free-agency class at the position is considered weak, with the draft a more likely vehicle to find talent. Smith was arrested earlier this offseason and dealt with weight and health issues earlier in his career, but he proved himself to be a reliable right tackle in 2011 and especially 2012. The Bengals need him in order to retain the young offensive nucleus that has helped lead the team to consecutive playoff appearances."

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I've got to say, the film on this guy looks really good. Good hand useage, moves well for his size, has that killer instinct you want:

beastmodetoinfinity.gif

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've got to say, the film on this guy looks really good. Good hand useage, moves well for his size, has that killer instinct you want:

beastmodetoinfinity.gif

LMAO!! What the hell is that? Do you have a link for the real video full length? That's a one skilled big mama.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

beastmodetoinfinity.gif

You know that is a chick right sick? S/N how fucking strong is she? That looked like a 6 ft banquet table and she just threw it across the room. I bet you she is the mom of that kid that bama signed in the 6th grade.