• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4_9_E_R_S!!!!! ESPN Refugee BS Thread

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
6. Taking away success: In an age of finesse and passing, the Ravens and 49ers are built on toughness and turnovers. The Ravens have eight takeaways this postseason, and no other playoff team has more than four. Baltimore has taken from Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. Although the Ravens have been this postseason's master thieves, the 49ers have made a living of it during their two seasons under Harbaugh. Since Harbaugh arrived in San Francisco, the 49ers have forced 63 turnovers; only three teams -- the Patriots (75), Bears (75) and Giants (66) -- have forced more. Look at the names of the teams with tendencies to cause turnovers. Look at what the Ravens have done this postseason and what the 49ers have done consistently for two seasons. Turnovers propelled these two teams to New Orleans, and turnovers will lead one to a victory parade.

7. Roman overlooked: One of this postseason's great mysteries is why 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman didn't get so much as a single head-coaching interview. Not from a college. Not from an NFL team. Not from anyone. In the past three seasons, Roman's work has been stellar. Two seasons ago, while coaching at Stanford under Harbaugh, Roman helped turn Luck into one of top quarterbacks in the country. Last season, his first in San Francisco, he helped elevate the performance of Smith. This season, he helped the transition from Smith to Kaepernick go as smoothly as possible. Yet when the 49ers were on their bye week, Roman didn't get a single interview, and no team was willing to wait around to speak with him. Odd.

Ravens defensive coordinator Dean Pees devised a plan that shut out the Patriots in the second half of the AFC Championship Game.

8. Total revenge: Reaching the final Sunday of the season is beyond gratifying for any coach. But it has to be especially so for Ravens defensive coordinator Dean Pees, who was the Patriots' defensive coordinator from 2006 to '09. After New England let him go, Pees thought he had landed the Denver defensive coordinator job only to see then-Broncos coach Josh McDaniels snub him in favor of Don "Wink" Martindale. Then, in Sunday's AFC Championship Game, Pees got to square off against McDaniels' offense in the stadium that was his home field for four seasons. As one NFL executive wrote in a text, "Pees receives total revenge." He did it in startling fashion, as well. The Ravens shut out the Patriots in the second half. When New England needed points, it didn't get any. Not many teams pitch second-half shutouts on the road at New England. Then again, not many defensive coordinators have one game mean as much as this one did to Pees.

9. Giant impact not felt: After New York beat San Francisco in last season's NFC Championship Game, the 49ers added a decidedly Giant flavor to this year's roster, signing free-agent wide receiver Mario Manningham and running back Brandon Jacobs. However, neither made it to Super Bowl XLVII. Manningham tore his anterior cruciate ligament in late December. Jacobs nursed his own knee injury the first two months of the season before complaining about his lack of playing time on social media sites with a series of posts that included the statement that he was "on this team rotting away." That led to San Francisco waiving him on Dec. 31. Had Manningham stayed healthy and Jacobs stayed in line, each would be playing for his second straight Super Bowl title and a third in the past six seasons. Manningham still will get a Super Bowl ring if the 49ers win, but Jacobs will miss an opportunity on a team that hasn't missed many opportunities all season.

10. A&M's Sumlin on NFL radars: Bill O'Brien, Doug Marrone, Chip Kelly and Brian Kelly generated a lot of interest from NFL teams, but the college coach who got as much interest as any was Texas A&M's Kevin Sumlin. At least three NFL teams with head-coaching openings inquired about Sumlin, according to league sources. Teams were rebuffed as they checked to see whether he had any interest in talking about an NFL head-coaching job. Johnny "Football" Manziel returns to Texas A&M in the fall, and Sumlin still will be the name to watch in the NFL in the future, even with a new five-year, $17.5 million extension that averages $3.5 million per season. NFL opportunities will be there for Sumlin if he wants them. Teams will keep coming at him. And they will keep coming at him until he can't say no. In a year when the NFL convinced Chip Kelly and Marrone to turn pro, Sumlin is in the on-deck circle. He is viewed as the most desirable college head-coaching candidate in the country.

Adam Schefter
NFL

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
92c8c96e4c37100777c7190b76d28233.jpg

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That picture was one of the best so far...

This is completely random, but I saw a link to a video titled, "man sticks his head up a woman's ass." What's even more disturbing than that title is that it had 28 million views.

Come on!

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That picture was one of the best so far...

This is completely random, but I saw a link to a video titled, "man sticks his head up a woman's ass." What's even more disturbing than that title is that it had 28 million views.

Come on!

How many likes? Or would the likes be because people made that observation on the number of clicks, too?

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
How many likes? Or would the likes be because people made that observation on the number of clicks, too?

I'll be honest; I don't even know what a "like" is. I never got into that kind of stuff. You're the first person I've ever heard ask that.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be honest; I don't even know what a "like" is. I never got into that kind of stuff. You're the first person I've ever heard ask that.

I never "like" things on YouTube. I either save it as a favorite, like music videos and weird videos and sports highlights, or leave it. I never thought a "like" meant anything. I liked it here on SportsHoopla before they removed it because it was acknowledging a funny post or a response to a reply to a post of mine without having to actually write anything. It was out of the way enough for those who don't notice those things that it wasn't bothersome. But YouTube? Ehh. (To answer your question, underneath the video when you're watching on YouTube (not here) on the right side, there's a number of the right side under the number of views (1377 for the comeon! video). It's a thumb up symbol.)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Thanks MHSL. I never knew about that.

I think we can thank Gatorguy or whoever it was who liked everything & made the "like" button kind of meaningless.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Bible says it (that we're winning), so it must be true.

As an aside, one of the guys on 3rd Street in Santa Monica was challenging anyone to disprove his religion and every time someone said anything, he used the Bible to "prove" it wrong. I'm fine with people having a religion, but you can't use the Bible to prove the Bible! I know some people aren't fine with others having a religion because it's illogical, but either have faith or don't. Let others be (but if others are challenging you, so be it). If God is so powerful, you won't necessarily find evidence, God could make the world as it is and make it look so illogical. If there is no God, then you won't find any evidence. So either have faith or don't, don't try to prove it by a self-reference! BTW, he also "proved" Jesus by saying, "how could Jesus be resurrected if He wasn't the Son of God" - ignoring the fact that non-believers challenge Jesus' resurrection.

Ha ha! That is hilarious. How can you have a rational argument with a person whose whole belief system requires him to suspend rational thinking in order for him to believe it. Its like discussing gun control with an NRA nut.

(From another thread that I didn't want to bump.)

Who said religion doesn't have its benefits or uses? Florida women frighten off intruder by chanting "Jesus"

If you ask the 15 women inside Jacquie Hagler’s house what happened, they’ll tell you it’s simple: Jesus scared a would be thief out of the Florida woman’s home.

At first, those gathered at Hagler’s house for a jewelry party thought the intruder was simply part of an elaborate gag, using a “water gun” to tease the Florida women.

"It's only a water gun," one attendee reportedly said, while brushing away the firearm allegedly brandished by Derick Lee, who entered the home wearing a ski mask and bandana across his face.

Witnesses say Lee then held the gun to the woman’s head and announced, "I'm not joking, I'm going to shoot someone, give me your money." He even showed the women some of the bullets loaded into his gun before they could be convinced the robbery attempt was real.

But what Lee didn’t know was that he was outgunned by the jewelry party attendees – at least spiritually speaking.

"When I realized what was going on, I stood up and said, 'In the name of Jesus, get out of my house now,'” Hagler told WJXT-TV. And he said, 'I'm going to shoot someone.' And I said it again, real boldly," Hagler continued. "Everybody started chanting, 'Jesus, Jesus, Jesus,' and he did a quick scan of the room, and ran out the door as fast as he could go."

Lee, 24, was arrested Friday night at his home and identified by several of the jewelry party attendees during a police photo lineup. He’s currently being held on a $200,000 bond.

I believe he saw angels,” Hagler said in a separate interview with the Christian Post. “I think he saw who was on our side, and he just turned around. The look on his face was just, like, astonishment. He was totally captivated by whatever he saw. He just turned around and ran out the door.”

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If he goes to a team like the Atlanta Falcons, that would be one scary team.

Buzz on Bush's destination
January, 29, 2013 7:57AM ET
By Tim Kavanagh | ESPN.com

As the offseason has proceeded, we've continued to get hints regarding the Miami Dolphins' plans for impending free agent RB Reggie Bush. Though Bush has been productive during his two seasons in Miami -- including 2,072 yards rushing, 588 yards receiving and 15 total TDs -- there are some who believe he wants more than they're willing to pay.

In fact, Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports has reported that it's "highly unlikely" that Bush will be back for Joe Philbin's club in 2013.

If that's the case, where will he wind up? A number of teams are looking for help at RB this offseason, including Atlanta, Cincinnati, Dallas, Detroit, Green Bay, Indianapolis, the Jets and Pittsburgh, though some of those teams won't be a fit given the amount of money it will likely require to land Bush. It's a two-way street, obviously, and though the contract figures will be an aspect of Bush's decision, he may feel more inclined to sign with a contender, which would eliminate some other teams from the mix. Moreover, Bush grew up in Southern California before attending USC and basing his pro career in New Orleans and Miami. It would seem that clubs based in warm-weather cities may have a natural advantage, all other things being equal.

Here's ESPN AFC East blogger James Walker with more on the situation from Miami's perspective:

James Walker
Miami moving on?
"Miami feels it has a good enough tandem in Lamar Miller and Daniel Thomas. Bush wants to cash in after rushing for more than 2,000 yards the past two seasons. He is a solid leader but Miami will not overpay for his services."

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How the 3-4 could work for Philly
January, 28, 2013 5:00PM ET
By Tim Kavanagh | ESPN.com

As we continue to ponder who will be the next defensive coordinator of the Philadelphia Eagles, a common thread amongst a number of the candidates is their experience working with a 3-4 scheme. It's not 100 percent certain that this is what the Eagles will be doing on defense in 2013, but if it is, there are some important decisions they'll have to make with key front-seven defenders.

Two of the rookies from 2012 will likely have an easy transition to the 3-4, according to Zach Berman of the Philadelphia Inquirer. Those two gentleman are Fletcher Cox -- who will slide out to play five-technique DE in the 3-4 -- and LB Mychal Kendricks, who worked as both an OLB and an ILB in a 3-4 scheme in college.

As for the veterans, DEs like Brandon Graham and Trent Cole may have a difficult transition to playing with their hand off the ground. If this is the route that the Eagles take, the early performance of these players will give the team a hint as to whether they'll be retained, or potentially released in the preseason. Meanwhile, MLB DeMeco Ryans proved to be a valuable member of the 2012 Eagles defense, but he was available to Philadelphia in part because he wasn't a good fit in Houston's 3-4 scheme under Wade Phillips. As with Graham and Cole, Ryans' early assimilation into the new defense will help guide the team's decision on him.

Though many believe the Eagles could draft a CB or an OT with their first-round pick (No. 4 overall), securing a front-seven defender that is adept with the 3-4 scheme at that spot may be a wiser move.

As for that big hole in the middle of a three-man defensive line, one option the Eagles could investigate is Steelers NT Casey Hampton. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Gerry Dulac writes that Hampton is not expected to be re-signed, and he's proven effective in that role for Dick LeBeau's defense.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skateboarder_doubleFail.gif