• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers will regret letting go of Harbaugh

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers will regret letting go of Harbaugh

Glad some out there are starting to write about this. I agree with the article and it's why I'm not super excited for our offseason.

There are two things you get with Harbaugh: An abrasive, aloof and hard-headed personality that doesn't take well to bosses …

And wins.

That's him. And in the NFL that is generally well worth the trade.

The two most coveted and difficult to attain things in football is a great quarterback and a great coach. You get one and you have a chance to contend for a title. You get two and you're the New England Patriots.

We don't have a great quarterback and we're now set to fire our great coach who will have every NFL team with a vacancy at his doorstep along with any major college football program in need of a turn around. The guy has won every where he has gone. As the article says you don't kick that to the curb you make adjustments and get out of the damn way. Either let him be the boss or re-tool your front office to work with him. York as the owner should have the foresight to see standing with Baalke on this is the wrong choice.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a scary thought that the Niners will revert back to the dark days. It's all about egos and when the head coach and the front office cannot get along, then I think it's better to move on. Harbaugh will have his choice of head coaching positions, and let's hope as Niner fans that York and Baalke hire someone who can continue that success the Niners have enjoyed three out of the last four years.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping that the front office has enough common sense to see that as well. I really don't want to lose Harbaugh unless we can get someone better, and I find that very unlikely.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think common sense went out the window when Jed sent that tweet on Thanksgiving night. He threw Harbaugh and Roman under the bus.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yea! Here's to another decade of not making the playoffs!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they will regret the decision. it took us what 10+ years to find a good coach. I just hope it works out because we have too much talent not to make it to the playoffs.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see this as a poor management decision.

But there is that possibility that we can have some success. For sure, we'll be less predictable.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they will regret the decision. it took us what 10+ years to find a good coach. I just hope it works out because we have too much talent not to make it to the playoffs.

I wouldn't say too much talent, but definitely talent on the defense. Need help at receiver and TE. Don't know what you're going to get from VD. Not only his drops but also his blocking has been horrible this season. Running game should still be solid with Hyde and Hunter, but Kap is a question mark. Will he get better (passing is rank 31st) or continue to regress? Please don't say KAP WILL BE FINE! That is the furthest from the truth. And it's not just Roman, but Kap has not progressed, rather he has regressed. Let's see what happens in 2015. If he has another season like this year, gotta cut him loose.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say too much talent, but definitely talent on the defense. Need help at receiver and TE. Don't know what you're going to get from VD. Not only his drops but also his blocking has been horrible this season. Running game should still be solid with Hyde and Hunter, but Kap is a question mark. Will he get better (passing is rank 31st) or continue to regress? Please don't say KAP WILL BE FINE! That is the furthest from the truth. And it's not just Roman, but Kap has not progressed, rather he has regressed. Let's see what happens in 2015. If he has another season like this year, gotta cut him loose.

The decline of the 49ers' deep passing game - Niners Nation

I posted this in another thread. I apologize if you already read it. Great analysis of what went wrong with the passing game this year. He doesn't blame any one person. kaep's strength was downfield throwing, and that has been effectively taken away, and Kaepernick has been trying to be a QB he is not. Although, even his downfield passing has gone awry. He used to have good accuracy on downfield throws like fade routes and he has struggled with even those. he is just off right now.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The decline of the 49ers' deep passing game - Niners Nation

I posted this in another thread. I apologize if you already read it. Great analysis of what went wrong with the passing game this year. He doesn't blame any one person. kaep's strength was downfield throwing, and that has been effectively taken away, and Kaepernick has been trying to be a QB he is not. Although, even his downfield passing has gone awry. He used to have good accuracy on downfield throws like fade routes and he has struggled with even those. he is just off right now.

Thanks P65. The struggles of the OL (injuries and lack of cohesiveness), questionable play calling (lack of screens and check downs) and Kaps inaccuracy and poor decision making has lead to the decline of the passing game. Niners are definitely a run first team, but when that is taken away, the passing game has to come through. I hope Kap has a great season next year (maybe 28 TDs 8 int, and 65% completion 3600 yards). Also, Happy Holidays to you and your family.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We have a guy running the organization who should not be running the organization, a 34 son-of-owner with little experience doing anything but being son-of-owner and newbie NFL executive. This whole things bodes very very poorly for this team.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks P65. The struggles of the OL (injuries and lack of cohesiveness), questionable play calling (lack of screens and check downs) and Kaps inaccuracy and poor decision making has lead to the decline of the passing game. Niners are definitely a run first team, but when that is taken away, the passing game has to come through. I hope Kap has a great season next year (maybe 28 TDs 8 int, and 65% completion 3600 yards). Also, Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Happy xmas to you and your family too :)

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a guy running the organization who should not be running the organization, a 34 son-of-owner with little experience doing anything but being son-of-owner and newbie NFL executive. This whole things bodes very very poorly for this team.

True, maybe he will be an utter failure. Not saying he is Eddie D, but Eddie D was looked at the same way. People wanted to hang Eddie D over his hiring and support of Joe Thomas.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
True, maybe he will be an utter failure. Not saying he is Eddie D, but Eddie D was looked at the same way. People wanted to hang Eddie D over his hiring and support of Joe Thomas.

Eddie D was not so dumb as to fire Walsh after his 3-6 season in 1982. York is being a dumb dumb firing Harbs.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Did you consider that Harbaugh himself wants to leave?

If he wants to leave and you force him to stay, what result would you expect? If the GM and HC are butting heads on the draft, and personnel moves, what result would you expect?

you can't just separate his Coaching and "personality", and say keep his coaching no matter what.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you consider that Harbaugh himself wants to leave?

If he wants to leave and you force him to stay, what result would you expect? If the GM and HC are butting heads on the draft, and personnel moves, what result would you expect?

you can't just separate his Coaching and "personality", and say keep his coaching no matter what.

I was wondering if the whole LMJ thing was a symptom of the head butting. Drafted in the 2nd round (too high), but certainly had the skills and athleticism and speed to do well. And he never saw the field. Was LMJ drafted by Balke ("look, he's so fast, let's draft him") but Harbs refused to play him, ala Coach Fisher in "The Natural" ("You may have a contract, but I'm not going to play you.") Unless LMJ was just totally a product of the system in college and a complete disaster as a pro.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

York has been fine and Baalke has been great. Im ok with those 2. York brought a new stadium and help build a team make it to the super bowl and become a top team. This year with the injuries was just a bad year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do think he will be fine but I also agree with you that next year he needs to show improvement and if not cut him. The only way we can do that is if we draft a QB this year in rd 3-4 to even think about cutting him. I mean i look at this year just a bad year(injuries, VD having a big down year and crabtree with the most drops in his career). I think this team will be fine next year.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering if the whole LMJ thing was a symptom of the head butting. Drafted in the 2nd round (too high), but certainly had the skills and athleticism and speed to do well. And he never saw the field. Was LMJ drafted by Balke ("look, he's so fast, let's draft him") but Harbs refused to play him, ala Coach Fisher in "The Natural" ("You may have a contract, but I'm not going to play you.") Unless LMJ was just totally a product of the system in college and a complete disaster as a pro.

Didn't watch LMJ in college. While on the 49ers, he didn't seem dynamic to me on his runs. He really wasn't burning by people or making them miss and he was really easy to take down. On kick and punt returns, I didn't see anything special. The best we could hope for were average returns and no mistakes. He certainly didn't provide what Tedd Ginn did back in 2011. He could have become a threat running screens or catching passes in open space but was never utilized that way