• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers will regret letting go of Harbaugh

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Do you really think that if the owner went on a free ranging search for the best executive to run the 49ers he would have come up with his son? Out of the universe of available guys? No way. Just nepotism, and based on that the odds of Jed being really good at his job are pretty slim. He was not selected because he had demonstrated ability, he got selected because he is owners-son.

Someone posted elsewhere a little tidbit, that said that in asking around the league a big problem with the Niners is the front office. No much to on there I know but it was a good poster. Letting go of an extremely successful HC will be a ridiculous move and an indication of serious serious issues. Those issues will affect our team and our enjoyment of the team. What are the odds do you think of the niners find a coach as good as Harbaugh? I would put it at less than 25%.

my point was he wasn't "nothing". Again, how do other Owners become qualified?

IMO a lot of people aren't getting the issue with Harbaugh, it is NOT his coaching ability. But you can't separate that from his personality, you can't just take the Coaching and believe the rest doesn't affect the 49ers.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
my point was he wasn't "nothing". Again, how do other Owners become qualified?

IMO a lot of people aren't getting the issue with Harbaugh, it is NOT his coaching ability. But you can't separate that from his personality, you can't just take the Coaching and believe the rest doesn't affect the 49ers.

Agreed to a point: none of us know what is really going on and why. Its all speculation.

My problem is that everything pointing to the Niners wanting to rid themselves of the most successful coach they have had since Walsh. Since we DON'T know the reason, it is hard to see a good reason to do that. From what I know, I would rather see harbaugh stay and balke or jed leave.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed to a point: none of us know what is really going on and why. Its all speculation.

My problem is that everything pointing to the Niners wanting to rid themselves of the most successful coach they have had since Walsh. Since we DON'T know the reason, it is hard to see a good reason to do that. From what I know, I would rather see harbaugh stay and balke or jed leave.

Yes and that's why I brought up...............Does Harbaugh himself want to stay?

It is easier for fans to point fingers (ie rant) if you ONLY say the 49ers want to. Because then we can point the finger at York/Baalke. If you don't consider Harbaugh wanting to leave, then you can't point the finger at him.

So again, how do we know Harbaugh wants to stay?

This could not have gotten to this point unless Harbaugh wanted to leave too. Think about it, if Harbaugh REALLY wanted to remain with the 49ers, would it have gotten to this stage? Why did he talk to Cleveland last season?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and that's why I brought up...............Does Harbaugh himself want to stay?

It is easier for fans to point fingers (ie rant) if you ONLY say the 49ers want to. Because then we can point the finger at York/Baalke. If you don't consider Harbaugh wanting to leave, then you can't point the finger at him.

So again, how do we know Harbaugh wants to stay?

This could not have gotten to this point unless Harbaugh wanted to leave too. Think about it, if Harbaugh REALLY wanted to remain with the 49ers, would it have gotten to this stage? Why did he talk to Cleveland last season?
I seems like the feeling of him leaving or staying would fall on both sides doesn't it?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I seems like the feeling of him leaving or staying would fall on both sides doesn't it?

yes, exactly.

but when I read posts here, most are pointing their finger at York/Baalke? Pointing as though they simply want Harbaugh out with no cause? As though Harbaugh is totally innocent and really wants to stay?

Technically, Harbaugh is under contract but realistically, York shouldn't keep a HC who wants to be elsewhere.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

George seifert would argue with you. Don't forget about him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes I agree its on both sides. Harbaugh already turned down 2 contracts and FO decided they want to move on after harbaugh said no. Either way we won't know if it will be a good move or not. Lets be honest if harbaugh stayed and kept Roman we would have another bad year.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I agree its on both sides. Harbaugh already turned down 2 contracts and FO decided they want to move on after harbaugh said no. Either way we won't know if it will be a good move or not. Lets be honest if harbaugh stayed and kept Roman we would have another bad year.

You know it's easy to say that now, but their is a better chance of Harbaugh and Roman going to a sorry team like Oakland and putting them in the playoffs next year than there is the 2 of them going there and having a losing season. Harbaugh's trend suggest where ever he goes he wins.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got a one way ticket to Ann Arbor. We'll see if he has success in the big house.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh flying to Mich after the 49ers game. Looks like he is going on in with Mich. He is one of the better NFL coaches, don't get why he would leave. Im a ND fan so I hate to see Mich do well and this would be a big move for Mich and their recruiting. I hope all this is just a rumor or leverage for NFL teams or I can see him doing this for 2 years and leave for NFL just so 49ers don't get any draft picks for him.

We will find out soon.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got a one way ticket to Ann Arbor. We'll see if he has success in the big house.

AU just don't get the move. I never saw a NFL coach with great success in the NFL go back to the NFL just for money. This is a weird move. I think he is using Mich to come back to the NFL very soon just so 49ers don't get a draft pick for him or something.

If this is the case why not just let him go before the last game. Why let him finish the season. Let Fangio run the show for the last game.

The good news no way Fangio goes back to college.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Harbaugh has proven himself in the nfl and is an overwhelmingly successful coach record wise. Baalke less so as the 2012 draft was a total bust and 2013 draft given the picks we had was just so-so. Ward iffy, Hyde still just a rookie with decent numbers, best part of the draft was later rounds but we still didn't get it done due to injuries. it can be argued thatnYork/Baalke best move so far was hiring Harbaugh so we now go back to square one which is not good since square one was a loosing team and mediocre. Jeddy York and yes man Baalky need to pull a rabbit out of the hat or we are destined to be an also ran for a long time. JMHO

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh has proven himself in the nfl and is an overwhelmingly successful coach record wise. Baalke less so as the 2012 draft was a total bust and 2013 draft given the picks we had was just so-so. Ward iffy, Hyde still just a rookie with decent numbers, best part of the draft was later rounds but we still didn't get it done due to injuries. it can be argued thatnYork/Baalke best move so far was hiring Harbaugh so we now go back to square one which is not good since square one was a loosing team and mediocre. Jeddy York and yes man Baalky need to pull a rabbit out of the hat or we are destined to be an also ran for a long time. JMHO

The strength of the 49ers has been the defense. Especially this year. The credit for the Defense really belongs to Fangio and the defensive staff. Keeping Fangio and the defensive staff here is important and then finding another offensive coordinator depending on who the next HC is.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AU just don't get the move. I never saw a NFL coach with great success in the NFL go back to the NFL just for money. This is a weird move. I think he is using Mich to come back to the NFL very soon just so 49ers don't get a draft pick for him or something.

If this is the case why not just let him go before the last game. Why let him finish the season. Let Fangio run the show for the last game.

The good news no way Fangio goes back to college.

Purguy, I too was thinking he would stay in the NFL. Maybe he'll coach at Michigan for a few years (4-5 years), have success and maybe even take the Wolverines to the college playoff. I think eventually he will go back to the NFL. He wants to win a Super Bowl. He's doing almost the same thing as Pete Carroll, although Carroll did not have much success in the NFL until with the Seahawks.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purguy, I too was thinking he would stay in the NFL. Maybe he'll coach at Michigan for a few years (4-5 years), have success and maybe even take the Wolverines to the college playoff. I think eventually he will go back to the NFL. He wants to win a Super Bowl. He's doing almost the same thing as Pete Carroll, although Carroll did not have much success in the NFL until with the Seahawks.
It does look like he will be coaching at Michigan next season. He will be back in the NFL in a few years to try again with a team just like the 9ers where at the point he joined. Chew 'em up and spit them out I guess.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does look like he will be coaching at Michigan next season. He will be back in the NFL in a few years to try again with a team just like the 9ers where at the point he joined. Chew 'em up and spit them out I guess.

Harbaugh will be a hot commodity when he decides to come back to the NFL (assuming the reports are true and accurate that he is heading to Michigan).

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy has done such a good job for you guys ... Still kinda baffled he's leaving already ... 3 NFC title games and a Super Bowl in 3 fricking years .... It can't be from 1 down year, which by the way was partly injury related .... Kinda sucks the rivalry might not be as intense ... And I'm not implying the 49rs can't compete next year, just from a personality standpoint, Harbaugh and Carroll add too the rivalry ... It's been fun ....

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy has done such a good job for you guys ... Still kinda baffled he's leaving already ... 3 NFC title games and a Super Bowl in 3 fricking years .... It can't be from 1 down year, which by the way was partly injury related .... Kinda sucks the rivalry might not be as intense ... And I'm not implying the 49rs can't compete next year, just from a personality standpoint, Harbaugh and Carroll add too the rivalry ... It's been fun ....

There is a lot of speculation going on and its kind of hard to know the real truth. It appears little has to do with winning and the issue is Harbaugh butting heads with the GM and owner.