• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers will regret letting go of Harbaugh

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes in a way but winning a superbowl is greater then a NCS especially when his brother and pete carroll has one.

He had his shot, but fell 5 yards short. Time to move on from Harbaugh. It's obvious he and the front office could not coexist. It's best for both parties to go their separate ways.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes in a way but winning a superbowl is greater then a NCS especially when his brother and pete carroll has one.

Everybody values things their own way. Perhaps Jim would value turning around his alma matter and winning a NCS with Michigan over anything else. Who knows? He's young enough that I suspect he will be back in the NFL at some point.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He had his shot, but fell 5 yards short. Time to move on from Harbaugh. It's obvious he and the front office could not coexist. It's best for both parties to go their separate ways.

Is it best for the team and the fans? I think not. They will have a hard time finding a coach as good as Harbs. Only took 20 years after Walsh.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody values things their own way. Perhaps Jim would value turning around his alma matter and winning a NCS with Michigan over anything else. Who knows? He's young enough that I suspect he will be back in the NFL at some point.

Not everything is a Guaranteed What happens if he fails at Mich then Head coaching at NFL level is gone.

To be honest I think this is a big mistake but its not my life so oh well.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it best for the team and the fans? I think not. They will have a hard time finding a coach as good as Harbs. Only took 20 years after Walsh.

Fans did not want Harbaugh to leave. The relationship between the front office and Harbaugh was fractured. Would it conducive for the team to continue this way. By the way, it did not take 20 years after Walsh. Check you math.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans did not want Harbaugh to leave. The relationship between the front office and Harbaugh was fractured. Would it conducive for the team to continue this way. By the way, it did not take 20 years after Walsh. Check you math.

I don't know about you, but I am ready to move on from all this Harbaugh/Fron Office talk. Harbaugh is gone and is not coming back. I am going to checking the internet all day. Could be black monday for the offensive coaching staff. I would like to see Rathman stay and woukld probably be okay with Solari staying. Want to see Roman and Morton replaced.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yep, some fans still don't get it........it was a MUTUAL parting, not the sole decision of the 49ers.

it may not have been 50/50, but Harbaugh wanted to leave else we don't even get to this point.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, some fans still don't get it........it was a MUTUAL parting, not the sole decision of the 49ers.

it may not have been 50/50, but Harbaugh wanted to leave else we don't even get to this point.

EXACTLY...there are still so many rumors as to why it happened, but in the deal is done and Harbs is gone. We will never really know why, so it's time to focus on the next moves, signing existing players, FA's, and most importantly a new HC and staff. I'm not a fan of the move, but it's a done deal.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
EXACTLY...there are still so many rumors as to why it happened, but in the deal is done and Harbs is gone. We will never really know why, so it's time to focus on the next moves, signing existing players, FA's, and most importantly a new HC and staff. I'm not a fan of the move, but it's a done deal.

yep, well said.

down the road i hope to read some specific examples of how he "rubs people the wrong way"? It won't come out any time soon, but someone will write a book someday. :-)

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about you, but I am ready to move on from all this Harbaugh/Fron Office talk. Harbaugh is gone and is not coming back. I am going to checking the internet all day. Could be black monday for the offensive coaching staff. I would like to see Rathman stay and woukld probably be okay with Solari staying. Want to see Roman and Morton replaced.

My sentiments exactly P65. This train left a long time ago when Harbaugh was rumored to be to the Browns for a couple of 3rd round picks. Things started to crumble until it led to the mutual separation yesterday. Like I have have mentioned before, let's hope that Jed and Trent are diligent about the next head coach and hope that he stays for more than four years.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree this friction killed this season along with injuries. Time to move on to FA, next head coach and draft Talk.

Thanks Harbaugh for everything and good luck.

Lets Go 49ers

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

THIS!!! :10:

:suds:

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can bet a lot of the "philosophical differences" had to do with harbaugh wanting to drop the talented, but troubled defensive players they have, in favor of guys with their heads on straight, but baalke didn't want to give up on guys he gave contracts and extensions to. when they finally dropped macdonald, it was baalke who announced it. says to me he was backed into a corner and realized he had to act, or he ends up looking like the moron he is. and jed york looks like a deer in the headlights when he opens his mouth to talk about things, especially this situation. they have apparently forgotten the situation they had before harbaugh took the reins. hope they don't return to those days because of this decision.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can bet a lot of the "philosophical differences" had to do with harbaugh wanting to drop the talented, but troubled defensive players they have, in favor of guys with their heads on straight, but baalke didn't want to give up on guys he gave contracts and extensions to. when they finally dropped macdonald, it was baalke who announced it. says to me he was backed into a corner and realized he had to act, or he ends up looking like the moron he is. and jed york looks like a deer in the headlights when he opens his mouth to talk about things, especially this situation. they have apparently forgotten the situation they had before harbaugh took the reins. hope they don't return to those days because of this decision.

Wow, you came up with all that. You must have superior ESP because no one else even came close to thst

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jed is trying to chase the legacy of his Uncle Eddie

Good Luck to Jed who just got rid of one of the most accomplished coaches in the NFL during his short tenure. Jed wants SB trophy's and Coach Harbaugh could not produce one quick enough . Ok Jed the ball is in you're court and you just placed a huge monkey not only on his own back but Ballke and the incoming coach.

We are in different times from the 80's when free spending and no cap helped Eddie make his legacy. Game on Jed and the media and fans will be all over his ass if this blows up in his face. 2015 a new time in 49ers football will carry on and hopefully that monkey will go away real fast or the 49ers better stock up on banana's to feed that damn monkey that will be hangin' around 24/7.

Go 49ers !!

:suds::clap:

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Good Luck to Jed who just got rid of one of the most accomplished coaches in the NFL during his short tenure. Jed wants SB trophy's and Coach Harbaugh could not produce one quick enough . Ok Jed the ball is in you're court and you just placed a huge monkey not only on his own back but Ballke and the incoming coach.

Come on, give Jed a break. His only qualification for the job is being son-of-owner, so you cannot expect too much. If he was in a major multi-billion dollar corporation without daddy at the head, he would likely a a sub-assistant to some minor VP somewhere, learning the ropes. Give him time, maybe he will be okay in 20 years, maybe not. :gaah:

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Commentary: 49ers put ego clashes before winning

"CEO Jed York and general manager Trent Baalke couldn’t stomach Harbaugh, and they’re always going to win the power struggle. So just when the 49ers faithful got accustomed to being a contender, the future of the franchise has been thrown into the sea of uncertainty.

A down year is digestible. An implosion because of Bravo channel-worthy drama is not.

What a shame they couldn’t figure this out. How disappointing it is to watch an era of success, a level of winning this NFL market had missed, come crumbling to an end because of feelings.

It doesn’t bode well for the leadership prospects of the 49ers that they couldn’t salvage this. They didn’t have the wherewithal, the self-sacrifice, to keep a good thing going.

It takes a certain level of audacity to carry out a season-long campaign to oust the popular coach. It takes a significant amount of confidence to think Harbaugh can be replaced and the team will be fine. Why wasn’t all that harnessed into improving the relationship with Harbaugh, into keeping a good thing going?"

Commentary: 49ers put ego clashes before winning

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

agree weak overall but a few were ok.

the one on Aldon Smith is likely the 'win with class' example?

the one on Harbaugh not developing a QB is tough, he did have some success with Kaep. As a 2nd round QB, the expectations aren't the same as a top 5?

the one I didn't expect was............our team is so good, including depth, that Harbaugh SHOULD'VE won a SB. That he is UNDER COACHING the 49ers??!!