• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers vs Steelers

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are everyone's thoughts on VD so far? He's playing better than last year, but it seems he still doesn't think about ball security enough. On that one sideline play, he simply assumed that a defender was not going to hit him. He should've had two hands on the ball on that play.

He ended up getting hurt too. McDonald got hurt again. He can't stay healthy

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of getting hurt, how did Hyde not blow out his knee on that hit in the 2nd quarter? That looked nasty.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of getting hurt, how did Hyde not blow out his knee on that hit in the 2nd quarter? That looked nasty.

I feared the worst, but he played on in the game. There probably is some kind of knee injury there, but I'm guessing it's not a torn ACL since he was able to keep playing. I'm hoping it's nothing more than a sprain.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. That was a cheap shot. Guy went for his knees(it was clear as hell). I thought he was done for the year on the play.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feared the worst, but he played on in the game. There probably is some kind of knee injury there, but I'm guessing it's not a torn ACL since he was able to keep playing. I'm hoping it's nothing more than a sprain.
I hope. I tore my MCL in a baseball game and continued to play and after the game I starting feeling the pain.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope. I tore my MCL in a baseball game and continued to play and after the game I starting feeling the pain.
Did you have an entire medical team examine you right after the play, though?

Getting hurt in a pickup game (or HS, or whatever level you were playing) is not the same as getting hurt in a pro game.

He did appear to be limping slightly the rest of the game, but he kept going out there. I have to trust it is nothing worse than a mild sprain. I agree that it looked season-ending when it happened.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you have an entire medical team examine you right after the play, though?

Getting hurt in a pickup game (or HS, or whatever level you were playing) is not the same as getting hurt in a pro game.

He did appear to be limping slightly the rest of the game, but he kept going out there. I have to trust it is nothing worse than a mild sprain. I agree that it looked season-ending when it happened.
Im not saying that Im just saying that u don't if u are good or something is wrong until later sometimes. He should still get a MRI because he did not look good after that play.

Trust me I hope he is ok.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not saying that Im just saying that u don't if u are good or something is wrong until later sometimes. He should still get a MRI because he did not look good after that play.

Hope so, as our RB depth is shallow.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was not accusing you of hoping for injury or anything. Just pointing out that he was examined immediately after the play and allowed to renter the game. Amatures don't get that kind of attention, so can cause more damage unintentionally.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope so, as our RB depth is shallow.
We didn't think this 3 weeks ago. The depth was such that Hunter could be cut free.

But with Bush going down and Davis not looking great today, and now with Hyde potentially banged up...

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He threw a TD to Miller who dropped an easy pass in the end zone. Three easy drops on one drive
Oh, I thought you said he threw a TD to Miller. Apparently not if Miller dropped it? Three easy drops on one drive sounds pretty "inept" to me. How was Pittsburgh able to shut down Hyde so completely? Didn't see the game but I expected more from him.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I thought you said he threw a TD to Miller. Apparently not if Miller dropped it? Three easy drops on one drive sounds pretty "inept" to me. How was Pittsburgh able to shut down Hyde so completely? Didn't see the game but I expected more from him.
Miller caught the ball in the end zone and then dropped it going out the sideline

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I thought; no touchdown pass.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drops were a problem today. It all started with the 1st drive when the O was marching down the field and Boldin dropped the ball on that 3rd down play.

OLine was really bad today and we saw Pears get beat by speed rush 6 times. Kap was the only player that did well today.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the plus side our odds of making the Super Bowl are better than Seattle's are right now. We have a chance against the Cards to take 1st place in the division next week.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the plus side our odds of making the Super Bowl are better than Seattle's are right now. We have a chance against the Cards to take 1st place in the division next week.

I'm not sure if we really have better odds, but I like your enthusiasm. Seattle started crappy last year, but they still made the Super Bowl. It does seem that there is something different about them so far this season. Their offense is about the same (still waiting for them to use Graham, which could get scary for the rest of the league), but their D just isn't intimidating right now. I guess it's because of Chancellor's holdout.

Beating the Cards can do wonders for us, but damn, the Cards have looked mighty good these first two games. Obviously, I would love it if our Niners can be legit contenders this year, and if it somehow happens, it would be great, but I don't expect us to even make the playoffs this season. I will just enjoy watching each week to see if this team improves as the season goes along and to see which players show us something.