• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers vs Seahawks II

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought a very stupid play was by Ben Garland. So stoopid because it was so unnecessary and even seemed like "selfish" hit? thats what June Jones used to call these penalties, "selfish" penalties.

Couldn't hear the whistle on the replay, but it appears the play was well over when he made that personal foul. After the penalty, the offense had no chance to make a 1st down and kill the clock.

Yeah but the thing is his back was turned to the play and didn't see the runner tackled and was the lead blocker on the play Seattle's player made a great play or that was going to be a huge gain.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah but the thing is his back was turned to the play and didn't see the runner tackled and was the lead blocker on the play Seattle's player made a great play or that was going to be a huge gain.

Yes, blockers don't ever turn back to see the tackle being made, but their trained to hear the whistle. To me the tackle was clean and the RB clearly on the ground, then you see Garland making that block. I will say that block wasat least a full second after the whistle? So if the whistle SHOULD'VE blown but was late, not his fault.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, blockers don't ever turn back to see the tackle being made, but their trained to hear the whistle. To me the tackle was clean and the RB clearly on the ground, then you see Garland making that block. I will say that block wasat least a full second after the whistle? So if the whistle SHOULD'VE blown but was late, not his fault.

Crowd noise could have been a factor.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Possible game 3 in playoffs

Ordinarily i'd agree but right after this devasting loss to the 49ers, will they be up to it emotionally/mentally? They'll have to shake off this loss that they no doubt felt they had won......easier said than done. Then they have travel to the East coast and play a game.

While i don't consider the Eagles a top NFC team, you can't underestimate anyone come play-off time. They're on a huge positive vibe after winning the East, and will be fired up for sure.

I think the Eagles catch the Seahawks at the right time.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell Niners should pull their pathetic excuse of a defense off the field let the Hawks score quick and then let Kittle and Garcrapolo try to win it
Agreed. They are beyond sorry; they are pathetic.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad for a defense that struggles in the 4th quarter.
Seriously? What did you see about the defense that you liked in the second half. Granted they did get a stop at the end but that ws more a gift from the Seahawks (delay of game) and the refs (no PI on Warner. Does anyone think the Niners would have stopped Lynch 4 times from inside the one? We got gifted and need to take advantage of that.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? What did you see about the defense that you liked in the second half. Granted they did get a stop at the end but that ws more a gift from the Seahawks (delay of game) and the refs (no PI on Warner. Does anyone think the Niners would have stopped Lynch 4 times from inside the one? We got gifted and need to take advantage of that.

What I saw was a defensive line that doesn't get to rotate and keep fresh like they did earlier in the season but will begin to be able to a little more with Ford coming back for the playoffs.They did get the stop regardless of what was gifted they still had to get three stops near the goal line and they only would have had to stop Lynch three times because they spiked the ball on the first down. The way I see it the gift they have was no more a gift than they received on the Garland penalty that allowed them to get the ball back with a lot of time left.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me started on the offense's failur
What I saw was a defensive line that doesn't get to rotate and keep fresh like they did earlier in the season but will begin to be able to a little more with Ford coming back for the playoffs.They did get the stop regardless of what was gifted they still had to get three stops near the goal line and they only would have had to stop Lynch three times because they spiked the ball on the first down. The way I see it the gift they have was no more a gift than they received on the Garland penalty that allowed them to get the ball back with a lot of time left.
Don't get me started on the failure of the offense to run out the clock. They won and I'll take it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For two such tall defensive linemen with reach, i often wonder why Armstead and Buckner don't bat more passes down? Whether batting it down, deflecting, or just tipping it, you don't see it?

We played against Brees, Kyler twice, and Wilson twice, but don't recall this height being a 'weapon'? Do they even force them to "re-direct" their passes?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That non call on pass interference (Fred Warner) was a big play, but it isn't as though there wasn't a game going on?!

Seattle obviously didn't like the non-call same as we wouldn't have, but they didn't lose the game on only one play. Nor did they lose game on those last seven plays (one had to be a spike) near our goal line. The 49ers dominated the 1st half and should've been up by more.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That non call on pass interference (Fred Warner) was a big play, but it isn't as though there wasn't a game going on?!

Seattle obviously didn't like the non-call same as we wouldn't have, but they didn't lose the game on only one play. Nor did they lose game on those last seven plays (one had to be a spike) near our goal line. The 49ers dominated the 1st half and should've been up by more.

Well they did lose by inches so you could argue they lost on the last play. Personally I'll take the NFL's reasoning that the offensive player initiated contact, I'm bias I know.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well they did lose by inches so you could argue they lost on the last play. Personally I'll take the NFL's reasoning that the offensive player initiated contact, I'm bias I know.

Whether by an inch or 99 yards, they didn't punch it in. They didn't play well enough throughout the entire game to earn the win.

After watching the replay multiple times, yes the offensive player ran into Warner first. If they call that PI, then how is ANY defensive player going to defend that initial 'push' by the receiver? If defenders can't touch the receiver after 5 yards, then the receiver shouldn't 'run into' the defender, after 5 yards.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ordinarily i'd agree but right after this devasting loss to the 49ers, will they be up to it emotionally/mentally? They'll have to shake off this loss that they no doubt felt they had won......easier said than done. Then they have travel to the East coast and play a game.

While i don't consider the Eagles a top NFC team, you can't underestimate anyone come play-off time. They're on a huge positive vibe after winning the East, and will be fired up for sure.

I think the Eagles catch the Seahawks at the right time.
You think the Seahawks will lose three games in a row? I don't.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It could happen they are about as banged up as the 49ers have been or worse a run first offense without their top 3 running backs. I think they probably best the Eagles but I wouldn't be shocked if the.lost either. Wilson and company are 2-6 on the.road in the playoffs.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yes, i think the Eagles catch the Seahawks at the right time. The Seahawks will have a little "49er loss hangover" while the Eagles are sky high. The Eagles don't have to travel whereas the Seahawks fly East coast.

The Seahawk's are a good team but due to 'circumstances', they're ripe for the picking.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could happen they are about as banged up as the 49ers have been or worse a run first offense without their top 3 running backs. I think they probably best the Eagles but I wouldn't be shocked if the.lost either. Wilson and company are 2-6 on the.road in the playoffs.[/QUOTE]
But 7 and 1 this year. The Eagles are decimated but playing at home. I would love to be done with Seattle for the year.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, i think the Eagles catch the Seahawks at the right time. The Seahawks will have a little "49er loss hangover" while the Eagles are sky high. The Eagles don't have to travel whereas the Seahawks fly East coast.

The Seahawk's are a good team but due to 'circumstances', they're ripe for the picking.
I don't believe they are as beat up as the Eagles but the Eagles are on a roll and should be confident. We'll see.