• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers vs Rams Pre Game Thread:

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Dallas is overrated at all. I mean they have been playing great for 5 weeks now and they are avoiding big injuries. Their O line is the best in the game imo, and with a great O line, Murray running like a mad man and Romo not turning the ball over...I'd say they are a top 5 team for sure. I'm not sure there are many teams you can put above them. The defense was supposed to be horrible but they haven't been at all. And I'd say 6 games is a pretty good sample size.

And not sure if you were joking or something, but winning the Super Bowl has nothing to do with how difficult your schedule is.

Good Run-blocking Offensive line, but they are still suspect at protecting Romo. The fact that they have been able to run so well has masked those flaws and kept Romo from throwing games away so far. The defense is not as bad as people thought it would be, but I have doubts they keep it going all year. Dallas major flaws will show when a team shuts down their running like we did.

willtalk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You HAVE to take the FG there. But you're right, if nothing else if you're gonna go for it give it to GORE.

FG makes it a two TD game. A FG there is huge.
The Rams were stacking the box and the NIners had no success running the entire game. Especially with 4th and short and everyone knowing they are going up the middle. Gore needs a hole and under these circumstances there wasn't going to be one. Neither Gore or Hyde is a power back who can push the pile if there is no opening. The Gore of old used to be able to do that but not now. Get Hyde some space and he is very hard to bring down. They could have run it but not between the tackles. They had success last week running outside the tackles what made them think they would be able to run up the middle against a stacked box by a team that knew it was coming.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas will choke. This Defense will be Burnt out by week 10-11. They still have a great shot at playoffs in that poor division.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very strong game all around from both sides of the ball. Kaepernick looked comfortable throughout, and besides his first pass, and the lucky horse-collar attempt, he was pretty sharp in all aspects - pocket awareness, throwing with anticipation, foot placement, making reads, accuracy.... I don't know what to make of the TD to Boldin. Quite simply, I don't think any other QB in the league could make that throw with Kaep rolling left, throwing across his body, lofting it perfectly over the Ram DB, and watch it just float accurately into Boldin's hands. It is definitely not a pass that a quarterback should even think about.

The O-line excelled in pass protection, but struggled in the running attack - obviously a big part of that was when Iupati went out. It was frustrating watching the same plays in general, rushing up the middle, to try and seal this game late. It was the only part of Roman's plan that I had a problem with, but the rest of the strategy was excellent. Both TE's failed pretty much right across the board, which is the exact opposite of the Wides.

Speaking of not knowing what to make of a situation....the same thing applies to the defense. They keep losing players, and never miss a beat. Yes it was only Austin Davis, but he has been successful this year. After the Rams emptied their playbook in the first quarter with all sorts of formations and gadgets, they did basically nothing afterwards. The only thing really negative defensively after the game is the loss of Patrick Willis. This can only go so long, and while the unit has really kept it together, how much can we expect next week in Denver? Fangio deserves as much credit as anyone.

We got a big break with the refs on the Cook bogus OPI, but I think it's fair to say that if it's true that it all equals out in the end, we should have a few calls go our way given what has happened so far. Another poor outing for the guys in stripes, and I don't know about anybody else, but it really makes viewing a game....any football game a real challenge. It's just turning into a bad product, with no flow to the game. I know A. Brooks had another hands to the fact call, and I'm wondering if the guys are testing the zebras early just to see how they'll call the game.

At Denver? Really tough game, even at full strength....which we obviously won't be close to.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that might keep this game close is the horrendous 49er offensive line. I don't even know who is going to play Center now.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that might keep this game close is the horrendous 49er offensive line. I don't even know who is going to play Center now.

we got our starters back except at Center. Martin will start at center. They say he looks good at practice. Lets see what happens. I was hoping for a trade for a vet Center for insurance.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we got our starters back except at Center. Martin will start at center. They say he looks good at practice. Lets see what happens. I was hoping for a trade for a vet Center for insurance.

Oh! That's good news. I thought he was on IR.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

yep, lets see what happens, they must play well individually and then as a Unit. with so much starting experience, they should at least be playing better individually.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game seems like trap game to me. I hope the 49ers come out strong and step on the Rams, but I worry that their looking past the Rams to the Bronco game. Hope I'm wrong about the 49ers looking past the Rams.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game seems like trap game to me. I hope the 49ers come out strong and step on the Rams, but I worry that their looking past the Rams to the Bronco game. Hope I'm wrong about the 49ers looking past the Rams.

I'm sure you meant the Saint game (looking forward to) but at this junction of the season, given where we are, I'd like to think not.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaps fault that he has 1.5 sec to throw. We have a bad Oline.

Maybe even less time than that. Even when they showed it in slo-mo, it looked really fast. LOL.