• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers vs Rams Pre Game Thread:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have 2 starting OL out. We having trouble running the ball all game. I just don't get it

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really, really hate this conservative play calling. How about we actually put a team away?

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really, really hate this conservative play calling. How about we actually put a team away?

Bad at putting teams away. We could have just kicked that FG but whatever.

Always glad to get the win but it wasn't exactly a pretty win. On to Denver put we've gotta come out with a much better play than that to even be in the game.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the 49ers dominating on both sides of the football. Gore should run all over the Rams like he always does. Kaep should have his way with this Rams D as well.

49ers 31

Rams 17

I called the score but we got there a lil different than the way I saw it playing out in my head lol

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great focus!! We need some health! Good pass rush!! Go 49ers!!

It was great to finally have a pass rush! We had 5 sacks but it felt like we had 10. We were getting so much pressure on Austin. We need to blitz like this more. We cant just trust 4 guys blitzing the QB every play.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass blocking showed up tonight.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was great to finally have a pass rush! We had 5 sacks but it felt like we had 10. We were getting so much pressure on Austin. We need to blitz like this more. We cant just trust 4 guys blitzing the QB every play.

We put a lot of pressure on that poor kid. Really great job by Fangio and the defense with the blitz in this game.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got home late and just watched the game. Loved this win!

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers OWN Monday Nights winning 31-17 vs. Rams

Over the years the 49ers OWN Monday Nights in the NFL. Tonight the 49ers as a franchise won their 46th game on Monday Night Football All -Time which is the best. They beat the Rams from St. Louis not L.A. but a win over any Rams team is so sweet.

On a day when the great 49ers HOF WR Jerry Rice celebrated his 52nd Birthday the 49ers showed 49ers pride coming back from a 14-0 deficit to score 24 unanswered points finally taking down the Rams 31-17 in a entertaining ballgame. The Rams lit the fuse and threw a couple of sticks of dynamite at the 49ers but both sticks had delayed fuses as the 49ers picked those sticks up and tossed them back onto the Rams sideline as they blew up in the Rams faces.

Down 14-3 with only .14 ticks left on the 2nd quarter clock Kaepernick hooked up with Lloyd for a 80 yrd TD down the left sideline and the 49ers never looked back from that moment. Shades of Joe to Jerry as Rams fans went silent in the Gateway Arch City. Boldin added a 11 yrd TD catch from Kap as Boldin came up big catching 7-94 and that TD. Crabtree glided into the endzone on a 32 yrd TD all in the 3rd Qtr.

The 49ers had their chances to add on more scores but were very conservative once they gained a good sized lead. The Rams did cut it to 7 points in the 4th Qtr on a FG but the kid Dontae Johnson snatched a INT late and rumbled 20 yrds for the score to put the game and the Rams away for good.

49ers turned it up a notch down 14-0 and that's what it takes to be a Champion. The defense put major pressure on young QB Davis for the Rams sacking him 5 times as Skuta and Brooks tallied 2 each. Bethea had a good game getting 7 total tackles and a sack. Williams and Wilhoite had 6 total tackles.

It was Kaepernick though who really shined tonight as his TD pass to Boldin was a thing of beauty rolling left off his back foot floating it in for the score in the back of the endzone. Kaepernick's best game in a while as he goes 22-36 for 343 yrds and 3 TD's scoring a 92.8 QB Rating.

It was a good comeback tonight as 49ers Pride showed up again and it was against the Rams a long time rival. No time to bask in the glory as it's Denver in Colorado in a short week where Peyton Manning will try and break the NFL TD record but hopefully the 49ers defense has something to say about that.

49ers Pride.:boxing:

Go 49ers !!:yes:

:suds::clap::thrasher::dingdingding:

Happy Birthday Jerry Rice

on youtube

Joe Montana hits Jerry Rice on last second touchdown against New York Giants/ September 1988

posted by San Francisco 49ers

on youtube...

Rookie Jerry Rice goes deep

posted cftc 16

on youtube...

Jerry Rice Breaks All - Time TD Record (1994)

posted by xxSternerxx

Last edited by a moderator:

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it weren't for that pick 6 at the end of the game this could have easily been a loss. What on earth were they thinking going for it on 4th down? TWICE! 6 more points would have put this game well out of reach by the end of the game yet we were sweating bullets with a minute to go. I'm happy for the win but I am NOT thrilled about that series of play calling. The 49ers could easily have been 3-3 today. Let's hope they don't fuck up like that again!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it weren't for that pick 6 at the end of the game this could have easily been a loss. What on earth were they thinking going for it on 4th down? TWICE! 6 more points would have put this game well out of reach by the end of the game yet we were sweating bullets with a minute to go. I'm happy for the win but I am NOT thrilled about that series of play calling. The 49ers could easily have been 3-3 today. Let's hope they don't fuck up like that again!

I agree Harbaugh screwed up there. Going for it at the 1 don't mind but that 2nd one made no sense. Pin them back and the game is over.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the years the 49ers OWN Monday Nights in the NFL. Tonight the 49ers as a franchise won their 46th game on Monday Night Football All -Time which is the best. They beat the Rams from St. Louis not L.A. but a win over any Rams team is so sweet.

On a day when the great 49ers HOF WR Jerry Rice celebrated his 52nd Birthday the 49ers showed 49ers pride coming back from a 14-0 deficit to score 24 unanswered points finally taking down the Rams 31-17 in a entertaining ballgame. The Rams lit the fuse and threw a couple of sticks of dynamite at the 49ers but both sticks had delayed fuses as the 49ers picked those sticks up and tossed them back onto the Rams sideline as they blew up in the Rams faces.

Down 14-3 with only .14 ticks left on the 2nd quarter clock Kaepernick hooked up with Lloyd for a 80 yrd TD down the left sideline and the 49ers never looked back from that moment. Shades of Joe to Jerry as Rams fans went silent in the Gateway Arch City. Boldin added a 11 yrd TD catch from Kap as Boldin came up big catching 7-94 and that TD. Crabtree glided into the endzone on a 32 yrd TD all in the 3rd Qtr.

The 49ers had their chances to add on more scores but were very conservative once they gained a good sized lead. The Rams did cut it to 7 points in the 4th Qtr on a FG but the kid Dontae Johnson snatched a INT late and rumbled 20 yrds for the score to put the game and the Rams away for good.

49ers turned it up a notch down 14-0 and that's what it takes to be a Champion. The defense put major pressure on young QB Davis for the Rams sacking him 5 times as Skuta and Brooks tallied 2 each. Bethea had a good game getting 7 total tackles and a sack. Williams and Wilhoite had 6 total tackles.

It was Kaepernick though who really shined tonight as his TD pass to Boldin was a thing of beauty rolling left off his back foot floating it in for the score in the back of the endzone. Kaepernick's best game in a while as he goes 22-36 for 343 yrds and 3 TD's scoring a 92.8 QB Rating.

It was a good comeback tonight as 49ers Pride showed up again and it was against the Rams a long time rival. No time to bask in the glory as it's Denver in Colorado in a short week where Peyton Manning will try and break the NFL TD record but hopefully the 49ers defense has something to say about that.

on youtube

Joe Montana hits Jerry Rice on last second touchdown against New York Giants/ September 1988

on youtube...

posted cftc 16

on youtube...

posted by xxSternerxx

That is not at all true, but your team looks scary good.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I agree Harbaugh screwed up there. Going for it at the 1 don't mind but that 2nd one made no sense. Pin them back and the game is over.

That ended up resulting in a unnecessary onside kick which led to Stevie Johnson getting hurt.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

on youtube

on youtube...

posted cftc 16

on youtube...

posted by xxSternerxx

That is not at all true, but your team looks scary good.

Seattle has more wins on M night but the sample size is smaller, in other words Niners have played more Monday night games (70-29) but Seattle is 1 and SF 2 in wins.

Monday Night Football all-time team standings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moving on and limping into Denver on a short week before the bye. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys ranked 3rd in the ESPN power rankings. Is there a more overrated team right now? Maybe the Bears but they are not in the top 5. Right now we've beat 2 teams in the top 10 and lost to 2. Should have beat the damn Bears easily and be 3-1 against the current top 10. Time to make Denver our 3rd.

Man our schedule this year is brutal. You'd think we'd won the super bowl.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys ranked 3rd in the ESPN power rankings. Is there a more overrated team right now? Maybe the Bears but they are not in the top 5. Right now we've beat 2 teams in the top 10 and lost to 2. Should have beat the damn Bears easily and be 3-1 against the current top 10. Time to make Denver our 3rd.

Man our schedule this year is brutal. You'd think we'd won the super bowl.

I don't think Dallas is overrated at all. I mean they have been playing great for 5 weeks now and they are avoiding big injuries. Their O line is the best in the game imo, and with a great O line, Murray running like a mad man and Romo not turning the ball over...I'd say they are a top 5 team for sure. I'm not sure there are many teams you can put above them. The defense was supposed to be horrible but they haven't been at all. And I'd say 6 games is a pretty good sample size.

And not sure if you were joking or something, but winning the Super Bowl has nothing to do with how difficult your schedule is.