• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers say Bye bye to bust AJ and hello to Baldwin

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I, like any Seahawks fan dislike anything 49ers. But i am no fool and i have to say this is a strong move by them. No matter how you look at it this is a big upgrade and it was a player for a player swap. In my mind they just bent the chiefs over on this one.

Baldwin is a better talent than AJ who has had drop issues ( Baldwin not AJ, AJ hasn't even caught enough to see if he has drop issues lol ) but at least he is good enough to play. You can not say that about AJ. I never like moves that make a divisional opponent better and this is a move that makes the 49ers better, although not a whole lot.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree. Both needed a change in scenery but Baldwin, IMO, has a better chance at being GREAT whereas I don't believe AJ had as high a ceiling. Either way, if they end up cutting Baldwin, it doesn't cost the Niners a things unlike AJ.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said on the Cardinals board, Baalke is a guy that can reach into a bucket of shit and pull out a gold nugget. In one of his few mistakes (Jenkins) - He was able to at least trade Nothing for Something.

That was a good move by the 49'ers... Jenkins was a horrific pick from day one... I still can't figure out why you draft a project WR, who offers you know special teams ability in the first round. You draft them in the 3rd or lower...

The pick of Jenkins to me was such a head scratcher, that you almost wonder if somebody ELSE wanted Jenkins... because most of his other moves were spot on... but Jenkins... I just never got it.

Good for San Francisco getting Baldwin.. they at least turned nothing into something.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Niners are a running team, and they just traded a guy who couldn't block a 1-way street with a semi truck for a guy who's actually a really good blocker. :) I'm pretty happy about that.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man im curious how the 49ers are going to operate with their WR Corp. There anquan boldin but going past that with the injury to crabtree and manningham their best options are austin collie, kyle williams, and jon baldwin. with the injuries that has been happening it seems that harbough isnt letting the first string play at all in the preseason we barely saw kaepernick, gore or boldin play. I suppose its a smart move

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I like the move as well. Even if he doesn't turn it around, it cost us less to cut Baldwin than AJ. AJ was a head scratcher draft pick. I think Baalke got too cute with the pick, learned his lesson, and some how got something for him.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I notice more posts about the 49ers on the Seahawks board then I do see posts about the Seahawks...... Just a general observation that is all.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obsession

I notice more posts about the 49ers on the Seahawks board then I do see posts about the Seahawks...... Just a general observation that is all.

That is because 9er fans, Bills fans (the few there are), etc are very interested in our progress this year.
You other fans either hate us (mostly) or Love Us (join the club).

Enjoy the ride Seahawk Fans.:hope::suds:

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is because 9er fans, Bills fans (the few there are), etc are very interested in our progress this year.

I hate Carroll..... oh and your uniforms..... and Kinda Sherman.......

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a gross exaggeration, but there is no doubt that we obsess over the 49ers. It's going to be a tough race for NFL West race and the 49ers won it last year by a half of a game. So of course we break down every move the Seahawks and 49ers do. Isn't that natural? Is different in the NFL East when two teams are that close and that good?

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Says the guy named "DunceKaep"

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a gross exaggeration, but there is no doubt that we obsess over the 49ers. It's going to be a tough race for NFL West race and the 49ers won it last year by a half of a game. So of course we break down every move the Seahawks and 49ers do. It's that natural? Is different in the NFL East when two teams are that close and that good?

I think the growth of this rivalry over the last few years is a VERY exciting thing for all of football. Having two stud teams in the same division that have some actual heat with each other that goes back a while makes the games that much more fun.

I say bring it on!!

:suds:

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a gross exaggeration, but there is no doubt that we obsess over the 49ers. It's going to be a tough race for NFL West race and the 49ers won it last year by a half of a game. So of course we break down every move the Seahawks and 49ers do. Isn't that natural? Is different in the NFL East when two teams are that close and that good?

Your talking to a Bills fan.... Last time they were really good I was about ten.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the growth of this rivalry over the last few years is a VERY exciting thing for all of football. Having two stud teams in the same division that have some actual heat with each other that goes back a while makes the games that much more fun.

I say bring it on!!

Bring it on indeed. I'll be at the game to watch it up close and live September 15th. Looking forward to it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your talking to a Bills fan.... Last time they were really good I was about ten.

A Bill fan? Well that explains a lot.:lol:

My bad for not noticing your a Bill fan, I've see you on boards in the NFL East and made an ass of myself by assuming.

Any way my condolence to a long suffering Football fan.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Bill fan? Well that explains a lot.:lol:

My bad for not noticing your a Bill fan, I've see you on boards in the NFL East and made an ass of myself by assuming.

Any way my condolence to a long suffering Football fan.

No worries Im also a Mets fan so Im use to pain and suffering...... Im sure a Mariners fan knows nothing of that right. :bawling:

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the guy named "DunceKaep"

Cleaver name huh!
I'm a bit concerned that you are questioning the name, your QB is an idiot.
Therefore DunceKaep, or Duncecap for the 'hard to follow along'.

Just kidding of course, Go Hawks.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries Im also a Mets fan so Im use to pain and suffering...... Im sure a Mariners fan knows nothing of that right. :bawling:

Oh I hear ya LOUD and CLEAR.
But, big Butt, I will be sooo happy if we ever do win. Been waiting awhile, but I won't jump ship.

Go M's
Go Hawks

Love my teams. Struggles are obvious.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually I was feeling some empathy for you ,because Mariner Fan= Bill fan when it comes to losing.

Any way...I've seen you post here and there and always found you entertaining. So let me say ...Welcome to the Seahawk board . If you feel the need need to really talk smack, keep to the smack talk thread, but for light entertaining posts feel free to add your comments where ever.