• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers say Bye bye to bust AJ and hello to Baldwin

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I was feeling some empathy for you ,because Mariner Fan= Bill fan when it comes to losing.

Any way...I've seen you post here and there and always found you entertaining. So let me say ...Welcome to the Seahawk board . If you feel the need need to really talk smack, keep to the smack talk thread, but for light entertaining posts feel free to add your comments where ever.

Well once the Bills do something where I can talk smack I promise ill run right over and gloat..... hopefully I wont be too old to work a computer by then.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleaver name huh!
I'm a bit concerned that you are questioning the name, your QB is an idiot.
Therefore DunceKaep, or Duncecap for the 'hard to follow along'.

Just kidding of course, Go Hawks.

Yea, that idiot turned down the Ivy League because his family could not afford it. The doofus was also not able to achieve higher than a 4.00 GPA in high school.

But actually, I was commenting on the irony of a guy named "DunceKaep" saying how Niner fans were obsessed with the Hawks. I assume you know what irony is.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The weird coincidence about this trade is on the Game Day Thread on the Niners forum, when Baldwin was dropping balls against the 49ers no Friday, I said I'd take him on the team at this point. I'm extremely happy to get something for nothing again this offseason (like Boldin for a 6th rounder). :)

Not talkin' smack; just sayin'. I'm pretty well behaved except on the smack talk thread. Right Duncekaep? :boink:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes a change of scenery does the trick.

But not sure the 9ers have that much to gloat about. They are trading 1st round busts and the one they are getting also has injury issues and butterfingers. That could be a real problem with the velocity Keap throws with. If you think this fixes your WR issues, think again.

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But not sure the 9ers have that much to gloat about. They are trading 1st round busts and the one they are getting also has injury issues and butterfingers. That could be a real problem with the velocity Keap throws with. If you think this fixes your WR issues, think again.

I don't believe there are many (if any) who feel that this trade solves the Niners WR issues this year. I think the "excitement" is in the vacuum of the trade.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The excitement of the trade is directly related to AJ failing most Niner fans' eyeball test in terms of what a semi-effective WR in the NFL looks like. What we are celebrating is trading away a (so far) failed prospect for a guy with a higher ceiling while at the same time, making an incredibly wise financial move. This by no means "solves" our WR issues, but it gives us potentially a better option.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I notice more posts about the 49ers on the Seahawks board then I do see posts about the Seahawks...... Just a general observation that is all.

It's called "talking football" and seeing as the #1 and #2 Rated teams are Seattle and San Fran its talking TOP RANKED football. I know its hard to understand for a Bills fan, but hay you had the 90's and those 4 SB appearances in a row. No team has ever did that before. It's just bad luck you couldn't win just one of them.

So its 60% Hawks talk here 25% 49ers and 15% split between the Rams and Cards. When Talking football if you ONLY talk about your team then you are very narrow minded at how you look at the whole picture. A good ongoing conversation is never just about one thing.

:)
:suds:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yea, that idiot turned down the Ivy League because his family could not afford it. The doofus was also not able to achieve higher than a 4.00 GPA in high school.

But actually, I was commenting on the irony of a guy named "DunceKaep" saying how Niner fans were obsessed with the Hawks. I assume you know what irony is.

Since Kaepernick is such a good student, I hope that he takes some acting lessons. His acting in the Yahoo fantasy football commercial was TERRIBLE, IMO.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Kaepernick is such a good student, I hope that he takes some acting lessons. His acting in the Yahoo fantasy football commercial was TERRIBLE, IMO.

I haven't seen the commercial. However, I hope he instead focuses on football. Working on improving his acting skills 10 games into his NFL career seems, to me, to be a bad use of his time.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, but as others have pointed out, it clears salary, gets rid of someone who wasn't working very hard, and frankly would have been manhandled by Sherman and Browner twice a year, assuming he even saw the field.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like i said in the opening post this was a great move by the 49ers. I Do not like it when a Rival makes a move like this because they got out from under that bust for nothing. Well almost nothing they did lose that first round pick. We all have been a part of that though ( Hawks with Curry ). Baldwin was one of the top rated WR in his draft class and has the talent to be pretty good if he could get the drops out of his game.

caseycomb

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners knew the Seahawks had a WR named Baldwin so they're just trying to keep up with the Joneses...kinda like when they saw the Hawks being successful with the read option (or whatever we're calling it these days) and mimicked that as well....in all honesty it was a good trade for the Niners, Baldwin is a solid receiver and gives them a contributor immediately, I followed Baldwin a little in KC and he looked pretty solid.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all have been a part of that though ( Hawks with Curry )

Ok, Curry wasn't that bad. He may not have been #4 pick productive, but he did better than 3 games with 0 production. The closest thing the Hawks have ever had to a pick that unproductive would be Dan McGwire, and I'd argue that even McGwire was much better for the Hawks than Jenkins was for the 9ers.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, Curry wasn't that bad. He may not have been #4 pick productive, but he did better than 3 games with 0 production. The closest thing the Hawks have ever had to a pick that unproductive would be Dan McGwire, and I'd argue that even McGwire was much better for the Hawks than Jenkins was for the 9ers.

I still contend that A.J. Jenkins was one of the worst all time First round draft picks....

You have to figure, here was a guy that was never hurt, playing for a team that needed WR's BADLY... and he contributed nothing....

The Arizona Cardinals drafted a Guard, in the 5th round the same draft as Jenkins.. .and he played in One game... and outproduced Jenkins in terms of catching the football.... he had 1 catch for 10 yards.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still contend that A.J. Jenkins was one of the worst all time First round draft picks....

You have to figure, here was a guy that was never hurt, playing for a team that needed WR's BADLY... and he contributed nothing....

The Arizona Cardinals drafted a Guard, in the 5th round the same draft as Jenkins.. .and he played in One game... and outproduced Jenkins in terms of catching the football.... he had 1 catch for 10 yards.
:lol: Now that's Funny :lol: