• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers@Pack predictions

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I can think of a couple of ways this might go but unfortunately neither has a happy ending for the 49ers. My prediction is not suitable for this audience and would only ilicit weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth followed by shrill cries of "Ban the troll!" I'll keep my predicition to myself.

I'm pretty sure you've predicted bad things every time we've played the Packers.

So much so we should nominate you to be the 9er fan for Bud Light's Very Superstitious commercials.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looked at the 7 day forecast for Green Bay and Sunday's high calls for 7 degrees and a low of minus 20 degrees. It will definitely be cold and get colder as the game goes on. I'm predicting a close win for the Niners 31-24. Boldin and Patton each catch a TD pass and Gore scores two rushing TD's.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure you've predicted bad things every time we've played the Packers.

So much so we should nominate you to be the 9er fan for Bud Light's Very Superstitious commercials.

What can I say, Aaron Rodgers scares me. With our pass rush, he might have a field day.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF should win by 2 TD's easily. Packers have stuck with D coordinator Dom Capers despite having a bottom 10 defense for 3+ years now. He has been embarrassed by SF more so than any other team vs the run and pass. He will not change his system, Pack do not acquire FA's and their drafts have been fairly mediocre recently. You will run through us like a knife through butter and the only thing that will keep this game from getting completely out of hand is the weather. Only thing that could possibly keep this game close is TO's by SF and SPT's play for the Pack.

GB 21
SF 38

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What can I say, Aaron Rodgers scares me. With our pass rush, he might have a field day.

Not likely with the temperature. Anyways, your offense will have such a substantial lead that Rodgers performance will be irrelevant in the end.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite part about the Packers is they start the inferior players at DB in Tramon Williams and Shields who consistently get burnt and put little to no effort in tackling.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snow is hard on defenders because they are reacting, offense is in more control. That's why you see more successful kick returns in snow, IMO.

Plus Kaep is more of a North/South runner. He doesn't do a lot of juking. So he's less likely to slip.

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They better be short field goals as the kicking game will be affected quite a bit in this game. This will be like an "Ice Bowl 2" but not quite as cold with temps at game time just below zero without counting wind chill. The Ice Bowl was like -15 and with wind chill was -48 degrees. I have not seen wind projections for Sunday yet.

With conditions like this it is most likely things that we hope will happen will be affected in some way. I did hear though that the Packers are practicing outside today and the current temp there is 4 degrees.

Do you know who our kicker is?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know who our kicker is?

It does not really matter much who your kicker is when the temps are below zero. The ball just does not go far with the same kicker effort. Crosby has made long kicks and has a strong leg kicking field goals of 58 yards this year.

If we look back to week 14 against the Falcons at Green Bay the Falcons were trying to come back after the Packers took the lead late in the game and Matt Bryant a very good kicker came up SHORT in a 50 yard field goal. How often to NFL kickers now come up short on field goals that are 50 yards now days?

The temp that day was much warmer than it will be Sunday afternoon. Long field goals on Sunday will be like 45 yards at most you get past that and there most likely wont be a chance. Punts will not go as far either. Field position and special teams will make a difference in this game for sure.

I was at the Packer/Giants playoff game in Favres last game at Lambeau Field and the temps then were about the same as what this game will be and surely remember the affects the weather had on the kicking game.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Making it hard on the D is what concerns me. Our D is predicated on not giving up the big play. If a defender falls, for example, Rodgers is MUCH more likely to take advantage of it than Kap. Hopefully it's just cold, without much snow.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It does not really matter much who your kicker is when the temps are below zero. The ball just does not go far with the same kicker effort. Crosby has made long kicks and has a strong leg kicking field goals of 58 yards this year.

If we look back to week 14 against the Falcons at Green Bay the Falcons were trying to come back after the Packers took the lead late in the game and Matt Bryant a very good kicker came up SHORT in a 50 yard field goal. How often to NFL kickers now come up short on field goals that are 50 yards now days?

The temp that day was much warmer than it will be Sunday afternoon. Long field goals on Sunday will be like 45 yards at most you get past that and there most likely wont be a chance. Punts will not go as far either. Field position and special teams will make a difference in this game for sure.

I was at the Packer/Giants playoff game in Favres last game at Lambeau Field and the temps then were about the same as what this game will be and surely remember the affects the weather had on the kicking game.

In Bryant's case, he's 3/5 on kicks of 50+, and 21/22 on all other kicks. 50 yards is a longer kick in any conditions. But I agree that I don't see either team attempting a 60-yarder if they can avoid it.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
For me on the one hand it's really hard to beat a team 4 times in a row. Eventually they'll come up with something that will work.

On the other hand I can't say this Packers team is really any different or better than the one we faced in Week 1 and with their injuries they are probably worse off.

The weather is a wash because once you reach the negatives it's just plain miserable for everyone on both teams. It might work in a slight favor for SF since a diminished passing attack is more detrimental to the Packers than it is to the 9ers but I still don't see the weather really favoring one team over the other much.

Pack has a chance with Rodgers at the helm but I just don't see what they are going to do defensively. The defense got torched on the ground last year in the playoffs and in week 1 it got torched in the air and it seems like Roman has Capers number.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn Tomsula! (Just kidding, I am aware of the conversation in the other thread.)

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lacy is a weapon for the Pack...they have a running game now. Rodgers could air it out if the 9ers don't figure out the pass rush issues. IMO the cold won't favor the Packers at home. I have heard that they can't even sell out the game...not much HFA there.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lacy is a weapon for the Pack...they have a running game now. Rodgers could air it out if the 9ers don't figure out the pass rush issues. IMO the cold won't favor the Packers at home. I have heard that they can't even sell out the game...not much HFA there.

I think we will hear the name Jordy Nelson a lot on Sunday.

SeattleNinersFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Um, not just packers, every game. Usually he starts predicting doom before the 1st quarter is over.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me on the one hand it's really hard to beat a team 4 times in a row. Eventually they'll come up with something that will work.

On the other hand I can't say this Packers team is really any different or better than the one we faced in Week 1 and with their injuries they are probably worse off.

The weather is a wash because once you reach the negatives it's just plain miserable for everyone on both teams. It might work in a slight favor for SF since a diminished passing attack is more detrimental to the Packers than it is to the 9ers but I still don't see the weather really favoring one team over the other much.

Pack has a chance with Rodgers at the helm but I just don't see what they are going to do defensively. The defense got torched on the ground last year in the playoffs and in week 1 it got torched in the air and it seems like Roman has Capers number.

The only thing that is better is the Packer rushing offense as in week one it was Lacy's first game in his career. He is a much better runner now and with Starks sharing time they both have been doing quite well. The 2 of them rushing are much better than in week one. The passing offense should be no different but the defense will be the weak spot and not a good as week 1. The question will be is if the offense can keep up with what the defense allows.

The Packers rushing offense is 7th in the NFL and that is with teams stacking the box for the 7 games that Rodgers did not play since at that point they did not have to worry about the pass.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game scares me but I still think our defense makes a couple plays and we win 31-28

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is huge. It determines a successful or unsuccessful season.

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite part about the Packers is they start the inferior players at DB in Tramon Williams and Shields who consistently get burnt and put little to no effort in tackling.

Interesting...I know a gun who's a really big Pack fan who says Shields should be a pro bowler. I don't think I've watched a packer game since week 1, so I can't comment.

Lambeau scares me more than the packers at this point. Too many vague memories from the 90s(was born in 90, so I was real young) of them beating our ass there in the playoffs.