• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers Hire Chip Kelly

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the amount of 3 and outs the team has already dealt with over the past 1.5 seasons, 35+ min a game is par for the course with this team....if Chip is going to lead to quick strikes, I'm all for it. Couldn't be worse then Tomsula, who I wish we still had....as DL coach.

I thought Tomsula was dealt a crap hand and there wasn't anyway he would have succeeded. He was set up to fail. Chip will go for the quick strikes, but I just wonder if he'll dial it back a bit to try to help out his defense. Should be interesting.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Tomsula was dealt a crap hand and there wasn't anyway he would have succeeded. He was set up to fail. Chip will go for the quick strikes, but I just wonder if he'll dial it back a bit to try to help out his defense. Should be interesting.

I think it's pretty obvious that Tomsula was nothing more than a warm body and from the start the 49ers never intended for him to serve out all 4 years of his contract.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I LOVE Tomsula...as a DL coach. One of the best in the business as far as I'm concerned. But he was a teacher, not an X's and O's guy and he was in a lose/lose situation. If he won, he won with Harbaugh's squad. If he lost, he was incompetent. There was no way around it. Chip at least has a CEO feel to him. That is a step up IMO.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick should name his first born Chip. He was going to lose $18 million (I think) if he was booted off of the team.

I was watching the UW basketball game last night and laughed out loud when I read the crawl that Kraep jerseys were being removed from 9er team store clearance bins. Just the fact that that is an actual crawl across the screen during a game is hilarious.