• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ERS EXTEND ANTHONY DAVIS!!!!!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Eek! Davis' contract to me was one of the scariest ones that was going to have to be addressed. He's one of the hardest 49ers players for me to get behind and the thought of sinking anything significant into him long-term was something that has scared me for a while. It's not as large as I thought it might be so that's about the best thing I can say about it. I just really wish the darn guy would grow up intellectually and verbally by about 15 years. That would be a nice start.

Well, keep in mind the guy is still 23 years old. That's younger than a lot of guys who are in the 2013 draft.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
One of the nice things about extending guys this year and next is that the cap should increase by a decent margin after 2014. I suspect we'll start to see some silly contracts again after that, such that the contracts for Bowman and Davis could look quite reasonable.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, keep in mind the guy is still 23 years old. That's younger than a lot of guys who are in the 2013 draft.

Nah, I get that. Nobody in their 20s should talk and carry themselves the way he does sometimes, though. Far too many kids are the same way these days, though. Forgive the rant......

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it. He's young, he's a beast, and the money is not astronomical.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the nice things about extending guys this year and next is that the cap should increase by a decent margin after 2014. I suspect we'll start to see some silly contracts again after that, such that the contracts for Bowman and Davis could look quite reasonable.

Yeah, I agree. The cap should continue to go up and salaries will continue to go up. While it may seem like a lot of money right now, it will look like a bargain down the road if he keeps up his level of play.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Nah, I get that. Nobody in their 20s should talk and carry themselves the way he does sometimes

Totally agree.

Far too many kids are the same way these days, though. Forgive the rant......

NEVER! I'm all for the rant. I was just trying to give you a little hope because even the stupidest, most immature people usually grow out of at least a some of their D-baggery eventually.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
LOL, that was a terrible interview. Really really bad on a lot of levels. Makes Crabtree look like a good interview!

right? I kept thinking for a guy who just made himself very very wealthy, he sure isn't very excited... kind of dull and blah

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I hope Davis isn't the kind of guy to get paid & then mail it in. I'm hoping he takes that next step in terms of pass protection & becomes one of the elite tackles in the game.

I think the ABSOLUTE most important mission for the Niners is to keep the OL dominant.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expectations for Mays were much too high due to his physical talented. The fact is that as talented as he was, he wasn't that great of a football player. He needed to sit and work on his coverage abilities, technique and ability to read formatiions. To me he just seemed lost out there and slow to react. He had no business being expected to start for at least 2 years.

He should have been a special teams ace and back up.

My expectations were that he would be a bust. I could not believe we drafted a kid like him that high. He looked like Tarzan and played like Jane and someone fell for it. I wanna say it was on Singletary.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to see that they got Davis early while he was still young. They did something similar with Staley and got him for a very reasonable price.

We might have to wait and see what happens with Crabtree and Iupati. Iupati will probably be at or close to top market value for an OG. Crabtree on the other hand will be interesting as he hasn't really been that great until this past season, but he likely sees himself as a top level receiver. I might be looking for a Dwayne Bowe type contract.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AnthonyDavis76 You will be a 1 contract and done kinda guy in the NFL. - Greg Schiano. lol

@AnthonyDavis76 I'm about get an entourage and start wearing shades indoors. Duhh

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My expectations were that he would be a bust. I could not believe we drafted a kid like him that high. He looked like Tarzan and played like Jane and someone fell for it. I wanna say it was on Singletary.

I think he could have developed into something big if handled correcetly and if he had realistic expectations for him. He never should have went before the 4th round, he just wasn't ready, he was a project and should have been treated as such.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even if Singletary gave input on it, wasn't it ultimately Baalke's call?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Singletary gave input on it, wasn't it ultimately Baalke's call?

I'm afraid I will never know. Hopefully his safety evaluating has improved. So far I'm not impressed with Mays, Robinson, and Dahl.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm afraid I will never know. Hopefully his safety evaluating has improved. So far I'm not impressed with Mays, Robinson, and Dahl.

I would have thought you could have at least molded Mays into a special teams beast with that size, speed, strength combination... and then give him a few years to work on his coverage and playing safety position.

But the new regime pulled the plug on him fast, and it doesn't sound like he's doing much in Cincy.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And neither of those have anything to do with them being successful today. Davis didn't dedicate himself until he was thought about being moved to G before the season started. Crabtree blossomed once he got healthy and actually participated in an off-season.

You're delusional. 1. That's just your version of why Davis made such an improvement. He was actually gradually getting better every year and with him coming into the game at 20 realistic people knew there would be growing pains. 2. In 7 games Crabtree had 427 receiving (subtracted the 11 yards on CK's pass) yards with Alex Smith behind center...In 10 games with Kaepernick 880. That's 61 ypg with Smith and 88 ypg with Kaepernick starting.