• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers dont expect Aldon back this season

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
what about your guy Lemonier?

no he won't replace Aldon, but he can pick up some of the slack? we'll miss the pass rush more so against Brees, in New Orleans.

Even I'd be shocked if Lemonier can be dominant enough as a rook to put the Niners' defense over the top with its obvious lackings in the secondary (outside of Reid).

Anything can happen; as we learned last year it's better to be lucky than good sometimes. But the Niners without Aldon are a second-tier team IMO. I really hope I'm wrong, but how many teams can win a SB missing the best non-QB player on the team?

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the 49ers will win the super bowl this year -- their road is just too tough, as it stands now their remaining schedule is tougher than Seattle's, which has one of the easiest schedules left thanks to the Giants and Falcons implosions. However, I don't think that's because of Aldon Smith being out, I think it's because we are looking at a wild card and winning either in New Orleans or Seattle or maybe both and I think that's too much. And that also is more to do with not having a bye week for the playoffs and road games than the strength of the other teams, Seattle's offense has been poor -- although they're missing some offensive linemen and Percy Harvin, and there was talk on the Seattle radio today that Pete Carroll has been preaching no turnovers so much that Wilson is getting tentative about flinging it, and I don't think New Orleans is so much better than we are.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we get healthier and play much more tuned as the season goes on making us a dangerous team.

We were lucky 2 yrs ago and some of last yr with rarely big injuries and adversity. Now we are being tested and are responding in good fashion.

It's the teams that usually fight through lots of adversity that win it all (giants, packers) recently. I feel this will make is stronger this yr. Were winning games that's all that matters.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even I'd be shocked if Lemonier can be dominant enough as a rook to put the Niners' defense over the top with its obvious lackings in the secondary (outside of Reid).

Anything can happen; as we learned last year it's better to be lucky than good sometimes. But the Niners without Aldon are a second-tier team IMO. I really hope I'm wrong, but how many teams can win a SB missing the best non-QB player on the team?

How do you define second-tier? I think we are still a top 5 team. We are still a title contender, IMO. It's just harder now without Aldon. Others need to step up.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think the 49ers will win the super bowl this year -- their road is just too tough, as it stands now their remaining schedule is tougher than Seattle's, which has one of the easiest schedules left thanks to the Giants and Falcons implosions. However, I don't think that's because of Aldon Smith being out, I think it's because we are looking at a wild card and winning either in New Orleans or Seattle or maybe both and I think that's too much. And that also is more to do with not having a bye week for the playoffs and road games than the strength of the other teams, Seattle's offense has been poor -- although they're missing some offensive linemen and Percy Harvin, and there was talk on the Seattle radio today that Pete Carroll has been preaching no turnovers so much that Wilson is getting tentative about flinging it, and I don't think New Orleans is so much better than we are.

yeah ok, I would bet against them too, but then again not sure who i WOULD bet on? bet on to WIN it.

you never know how the 49ers OR Seattle will do from here on, things can turn over a span of 2-3 weeks? IF we somehow win the West, I think that's a huge step in getting a bye for the play-offs. then your main reason above is severely affected.

anyways, we can evaluate/speculate all we want, but the 49ers simply have to keep winning.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah ok, I would bet against them too, but then again not sure who i WOULD bet on? bet on to WIN it.

you never know how the 49ers OR Seattle will do from here on, things can turn over a span of 2-3 weeks? IF we somehow win the West, I think that's a huge step in getting a bye for the play-offs. then your main reason above is severely affected.

anyways, we can evaluate/speculate all we want, but the 49ers simply have to keep winning.

agreed, and they have to keep improving.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we please sign Seymour already. This is crazy. We need Depth.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Can we please sign Seymour already. This is crazy. We need Depth.

they need to see how Dorsey is first? they won't get a solid answer, but see the doctors best projection?

if Dorsey is out 'long term', then they have to pursue a better vet like Seymour. but this means paying a much bigger price. if Dorsey isn't projected to be out long, then they can pursue a lesser talent.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if Dorsey is ok we still need Depth at DE and NT and Seymour can play both. We cant what happen last game happen again. we Need Depth. McDonald is 1 play away from being done for the year.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We don't have the cap room to sign Seymour. It's been stated many times. No way getting around that other than begging him to play for the bare minimum.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We don't have the cap room to sign Seymour. It's been stated many times. No way getting around that other than begging him to play for the bare minimum.

yep, you can't just name any vet and say "I want him, I demand we get him".

more so if its for 'depth', you try not to add expensive players.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. He knows SF is over a barrel & there is no way he gives SF a deal. All we can do is hope Dial is a quick learner.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Exactly. He knows SF is over a barrel & there is no way he gives SF a deal. All we can do is hope Dial is a quick learner.

eventually yes, we can only hope Dial gets 'servicable' soon as possible? but Dial needs time since he didn't participate in OTA, TC, nor Pre-Season games. he hasn't even been practicing so he's a raw rookie.

for the immediate band-aid, i'd think Mike Purcell is a better candidate behind Dorsey? he's been on the PS and hence been practicing all this time.

if Dorsey isn't ready yet, then they have no choice but pursue the best FA 'NT' they can fit?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes you can 1st off we have the Cap room if we want it. Its not that hard to do. He wanted what 5-6 million so pro rate it and sign him. We have 3-4 million open so yes we have enough.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
yes you can 1st off we have the Cap room if we want it. Its not that hard to do. He wanted what 5-6 million so pro rate it and sign him. We have 3-4 million open so yes we have enough.

Are you talking about Seymour? If so, Pozz said he wanted something closer to 10 million if memory serves. Clearly he's not going to get anything near that, so maybe he'd play a few games + postseason for maybe 4 million? Hope so.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we had ~1 million in cap room?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if we should sign Seymour, but there's probably a way to restructure some deals in order to open up some cap space if necessary. I'm confident in our team's capologist, whoever that person is.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh said he thinks Aldon Smith will be back in the next couple of weeks.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so... because, despite the great effort we're actually getting from our defense and not to mention the excellent pressure we're applying, we're not getting the sacks as much as we should IMO...

this will hurt us vs the Brees, WIlsons, Rodgers(playoffs) and importantly Manning in the SB....

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh said he thinks Aldon Smith will be back in the next couple of weeks.

I'd bet after the bye. The Santa Clara DA said they expected him to surrender at the end of the month, so he'll probably leave rehab either this week or next and then handle the first step of his legal issues and then return to practice the week of the Panthers game. Knock the rust off with limited play and then get back to full on domination against the Saints.