• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers dont expect Aldon back this season

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm guessing the Niners don't expect him back because he'll be incarcerated. The rough thing is that they no longer let inmates lift weights any more. And prison food isn't exactly an NFL athlete's diet. He could lose some muscle mass.

Maybe they'll let him serve his time in rehab. I don't know.

His arraignment is November 4th. Let's hope they have a plea bargain arranged by then.

man.. that's a shitty birthday present to me.. maybe I will ask for his cases to be dismissed.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
man.. that's a shitty birthday present to me.. maybe I will ask for his cases to be dismissed.

Hopefully he's out of rehab by then and either pleads to a misdemeanor or gets a continuance to push the felony case and DUI case beyond the NFL season with a trial date in the off season.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would rather he gets all the suspensions and if it happens jail time out of the way now and have him more next season

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish him all the best. I'm glad he's getting the help he needs; not just to play football again, but live a healthy life outside of football.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KTVU, FOX affiliate, posted the news about Aldon this morning, so it's pretty much official Aldon is all done for 2013.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i would rather he gets all the suspensions and if it happens jail time out of the way now and have him more next season

this makes sense to me, Aldon can prepare better once these things are behind him.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
In terms of alcohol abuse, 90-day programs have a fairly high success rate, at least compared to programs of other lengths, which are not very effective. It sounds like Aldon may just be in a 90-day program which, while painful now, would be the best thing for his future personally and with the team. A 90-day program would put him back right around the end of the year, so there's a chance he could come back for the playoffs. Of course, it may not be a good idea to rush him back, and who knows what kind of playing shape he'd be in? Probably best to assume he's done and then be pleasantly surprised if he makes it back.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
if he gets to plead to misdemeanors on the gun charges he may not do much jail time.

Yeah, and if he does odds are he can do it on home detention. Often they'll even allow people to go to and from work on home detention, so he could feasibly continue to work out at the facility while "serving his time."

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Our season (in terms of going deep in the playoffs) is done!! Just being a realist.

I don't know about that. What team in the NFC can we not hang with, even without Aldon? Seattle's offense is playing very poorly of late. Frankly, the Niner and Jags games are their only convincing wins on the season, and even we were in it well into the 4th quarter. The Bears looks shaky. The Lions aren't great. The Cowboys are mediocre at best. The Saints look dangerous, but we've matched up well with them in the past. And we should be getting back three, four, maybe even five guys who will play a part on this team in any playoff push. I wouldn't bet heavily on the Niners to get back to the Super Bowl, and I don't love the thought of going into Seattle or NO, but we've still got a very good team. And if things click again for Kap, we'll be the class of the conference again IMO.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know about that. What team in the NFC can we not hang with, even without Aldon? Seattle's offense is playing very poorly of late. Frankly, the Niner and Jags games are their only convincing wins on the season, and even we were in it well into the 4th quarter. The Bears looks shaky. The Lions aren't great. The Cowboys are mediocre at best. The Saints look dangerous, but we've matched up well with them in the past. And we should be getting back three, four, maybe even five guys who will play a part on this team in any playoff push. I wouldn't bet heavily on the Niners to get back to the Super Bowl, and I don't love the thought of going into Seattle or NO, but we've still got a very good team. And if things click again for Kap, we'll be the class of the conference again IMO.

agree. not claiming we WILL go far, but we have a decent chance. home field will be a huge factor - mainly against Seattle and New Orleans - but its a decent chance.

in the larger picture, expected a poor start due to losing the SB. so getting to 4-2 isn't so bad, granted one of those losses is to Seattle. but we secured the other two West games.......not bad at all.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far the most credible person to say Smith won't be back this year is "team sources".

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seattle. And now I'm not so sure they can hang with some of the AFC teams either.

what about your guy Lemonier?

no he won't replace Aldon, but he can pick up some of the slack? we'll miss the pass rush more so against Brees, in New Orleans.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you guys kidding me?

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ep-xgd_eETE[/ame]

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far the most credible person to say Smith won't be back this year is "team sources".
If Aldon never plays for the 9ers again I won't care . His issues could have been dealt with before this season...I have written him off for this season....a fuck-up.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Seattle. And now I'm not so sure they can hang with some of the AFC teams either.

Seattle's offense is not good. If you can keep Wilson in the pocket - granted a major task - they are not all that good. Honestly, against Seattle, Lemonier might be better than Aldon anyway as he's probably somewhat more athletic in space. If Dorsey is out we're probably in trouble against the run, but otherwise I play a base D against them, spy Wilson with Bowman, give their WRs a decent cushion, and play to stop the run and the long ball.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

My sister's cousin's friend knows some "team sources" that say Aldon will be back after the bye week. IMO they are right.