• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers dont expect Aldon back this season

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple people have said it but I can't find the source, when did Harbaugh say he would be back?

There was some talk on CSN Bay Area over the last couple of nights about Aldon possibly returning. Who knows, as I guessed he would be out for the rest of the season. However, here's this as food for thought:

San Francisco 49ers ? Niner Insider Blog ? SFGate.com » Harbaugh: Aldon Smith could rejoin team in ?next couple weeks?

Harbaugh 'Hopeful' about Aldon Smith's Return

Abeka

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was worried he'd be suspended next year. imo its good the league will consider the games he misses this year to get himself cleaned up.
He might get cleared by the NFL for the DUI but the weapon charges will linger into next year. I personally don't think that much will come from the charges but anti -gun advocates could make a big enough stink about it that the NFL might have to respond.....to be PC.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
@ProFootballTalk: Goodell says Aldon Smith entering rehab will count in his favor Goodell says Aldon Smith entering rehab will count in his favor | ProFootballTalk

I had a feeling this would be the NFL's stance.

As I've posted before if you're the NFL ideally you don't want any of the players to get into trouble at all but if they do at the very least you want them to get help so they don't get into more trouble in the future.

If a guy checks himself into rehab you don't want to drop the hammer on him with a suspension because you're going to discourage players from going into rehab. They'll be less likely to check into rehab if they miss 5 to 6 games and miss another 4 when they get out.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I had a feeling this would be the NFL's stance.

As I've posted before if you're the NFL ideally you don't want any of the players to get into trouble at all but if they do at the very least you want them to get help so they don't get into more trouble in the future.

If a guy checks himself into rehab you don't want to drop the hammer on him with a suspension because you're going to discourage players from going into rehab. They'll be less likely to check into rehab if they miss 5 to 6 games and miss another 4 when they get out.

exactly. if they suspend him 4 more games then players will just wait until they get suspended to check into rehab. the point is to learn your lesson and do something to ensure that it doesn't happen again. we'll see if goodell actually stands by this though...the guy is pretty inconsistent in general.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Smith missing at least 6 games I don't think the NFL will suspend him especially with Von Miller getting only 6 games after he got caught trying to mask whatever he was using. Like Jikkle said if the NFL suspends Smith no player will goto rehab they will just take the suspension the next year.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He might get cleared by the NFL for the DUI but the weapon charges will linger into next year. I personally don't think that much will come from the charges but anti -gun advocates could make a big enough stink about it that the NFL might have to respond.....to be PC.

Or because, you know, it's a fairly serious felony.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or because, you know, it's a fairly serious felony.
Not really. The difference between a compliant gun in Cal. and one in AZ is nothing more than cosmetics ,I.E. foldable stock ,pistol grip, bayonet ,etc. Make the gun California compliant (never fired in the state to anyone's knowledge) and all would be satified....except for the anti-gun people.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a good one by TK:

@timkawakami: Report says sheriff let Aldon Smith shoot department's high-powered rifles and ride in helicopter. Hopefully not both at the same time.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a good one by TK:

@timkawakami: Report says sheriff let Aldon Smith shoot department's high-powered rifles and ride in helicopter. Hopefully not both at the same time.

He had to "one up" Justin Smith.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Good Guy Goodell meme is needed.

I think he will still give him a 1 or 2 game suspension just because the NFL has to do something, they can't let stuff like this go unanswered.

That would be my guess as well. I would be surprised if they let him completely off the hook but it obviously sounds like they aren't going to drop the hammer on him either.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not really. The difference between a compliant gun in Cal. and one in AZ is nothing more than cosmetics ,I.E. foldable stock ,pistol grip, bayonet ,etc. Make the gun California compliant (never fired in the state to anyone's knowledge) and all would be satified....except for the anti-gun people.

It's not cosmetics. It's tactical additions to the gun. I wouldn't be surprised if he also had oversized magazines. It doesn't really matter that these things would be legal in AZ. They aren't in CA. It's legal for a 50-year-old to have sex with a 16-year-old in over half the states. I wouldn't recommend trying it in CA.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's not cosmetics. It's tactical additions to the gun. I wouldn't be surprised if he also had oversized magazines. It doesn't really matter that these things would be legal in AZ. They aren't in CA. It's legal for a 50-year-old to have sex with a 16-year-old in over half the states. I wouldn't recommend trying it in CA.

They are cosmetic because it does nothing to change the rate of fire to the weapon. Laws are laws and must be followed untill changed. But that doesn't stop Cali from being the land of stupid law makers.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a link to this, but for anyone who was watching the 49ers Postgame Live yesterday, Maiocco stated that Harbaugh and Baalke are planning on meeting with Aldon "relatively soon". If they assess that he is progressing with his rehab stint, there's a potential that Aldon will return towards the end of the season.