• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers - Broncos

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like you REALLY enjoyed the game, sorry the 49er's disappointed you. :-)
Yes that performance in the 2nd half took away a lot of the fun from the good first half. The abject failure of the offense almost makes it feel like a loss.
I'm never one for tanking but there is only one player in the draft that can have an immediate huge impact on the team because of his skill and the position he plays and he will be gone with the first pick

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok i read articles of the game and conclude you're correct, we did everything we could to lose the game. If it was any other Sunday, seems like we should've lost the lead?
We need small victories with the way this season has gone and what particularly galls me is we had a player with a once in a lifetime opportunity to set an all time NFL record. It was right there for the taking with an entire half to go and needing only one 4-yard catch to do it and the god damn coaching staff couldn't even figure out a way to do it. Makes me sick.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need small victories with the way this season has gone and what particularly galls me is we had a player with a once in a lifetime opportunity to set an all time NFL record. It was right there for the taking with an entire half to go and needing only one 4-yard catch to do it and the god damn coaching staff couldn't even figure out a way to do it. Makes me sick.

Yeah I don't know how they don't find a way to get Kittle open they probably didn't even realize he was that close. Kittle is a 1,000 yard receiver with 3 td's I wish that number were a little higher hopefully next year it will be.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't know how they don't find a way to get Kittle open they probably didn't even realize he was that close. Kittle is a 1,000 yard receiver with 3 td's I wish that number were a little higher hopefully next year it will be.
Kittle says they knew. He said that Shanahan immediately apologized to him on the field after the game and then again in the locker room.
I'm surprised he only has three TDs. Thought he had more. Must have seen them all; the two long runs after catch for TD and then the one that was reviewed at the goal line and called a TD.
Kittle reminds me of Kelce but he drops way too many balls. That's his weakness.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes that performance in the 2nd half took away a lot of the fun from the good first half. The abject failure of the offense almost makes it feel like a loss.
I'm never one for tanking but there is only one player in the draft that can have an immediate huge impact on the team because of his skill and the position he plays and he will be gone with the first pick

Too early to tell? If it was "Andrew Luck", "Jared Goff", or some highly touted QB, then no doubt. But too early to think Bosa (or any pass rusher) is a lock as the 1st pick.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too early to tell? If it was "Andrew Luck", "Jared Goff", or some highly touted QB, then no doubt. But too early to think Bosa (or any pass rusher) is a lock as the 1st pick.
Bosa will be a force. I hate to make comparisons that sound silly but I see Lawrence Taylor in him.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With his season total Kittle already surpassed Vernon Davis best year and Brent Jones. Those are two big names and some good company to be in

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kittle says they knew. He said that Shanahan immediately apologized to him on the field after the game and then again in the locker room.
I'm surprised he only has three TDs. Thought he had more. Must have seen them all; the two long runs after catch for TD and then the one that was reviewed at the goal line and called a TD.
Kittle reminds me of Kelce but he drops way too many balls. That's his weakness.

The touchdown total could have been from before yesterday's game. It was he now has four.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With his season total Kittle already surpassed Vernon Davis best year and Brent Jones. Those are two big names and some good company to be in
Tough to blame Jones. He was competing for passes with Rice, Taylor, Owens, Craig and Rathman. Kittle certainly has been a pleasant surprise but he still drops way to many passes.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, I'm glad I missed the last play of this game. Frickin Mullens must be a real dumb fuck. Can't even run out the clock correctly.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to blame Jones. He was competing for passes with Rice, Taylor, Owens, Craig and Rathman. Kittle certainly has been a pleasant surprise but he still drops way to many passes.

Not blaming Jones for anything. Just saying Kittle is putting himself in some good company. Jones was a great receiving tight end. They drafted Kittle in the 5th. Baalke drafted a tight end in the 5th too. Blake Bell. I don't think he is even in the league anymore.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not blaming Jones for anything. Just saying Kittle is putting himself in some good company. Jones was a great receiving tight end. They drafted Kittle in the 5th. Baalke drafted a tight end in the 5th too. Blake Bell. I don't think he is even in the league anymore.

please don't bring up that dumpster fire that was Trent Baalke again.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love watching Kittle play. My only complaint is that he drops a lot of easy balls. When he does catch it he runs with malice. He's heading for the end zone.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I love watching Kittle play. My only complaint is that he drops a lot of easy balls. When he does catch it he runs with malice. He's heading for the end zone.

He had some patterns where he caught the ball while running 'fast', allowing him to keep running. On one he was so wide open, he had time to accelerate and keep running. That is what we need more of from WR's, catching the ball while running 'fast'.

If thrown with timing to go with accuracy, a completion becomes an "explosive" play. It can't be done on every pass, but saying we need to get more explosive plays like other teams.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had some patterns where he caught the ball while running 'fast', allowing him to keep running. On one he was so wide open, he had time to accelerate and keep running. That is what we need more of from WR's, catching the ball while running 'fast'.

If thrown with timing to go with accuracy, a completion becomes an "explosive" play. It can't be done on every pass, but saying we need to get more explosive plays like other teams.
That's what Garopollo did so well last year. He was so accurate he could hit them at full speed. They didn't have to slow down to catch the ball. Didn't see much of that at all from him this year; saw a more scared and happy footed guy in the pocket afraid to release the ball. I hope we see last year's Jimmy G and not this year's Jimmy G when he comes back.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's what Garopollo did so well last year. He was so accurate he could hit them at full speed. They didn't have to slow down to catch the ball. Didn't see much of that at all from him this year; saw a more scared and happy footed guy in the pocket afraid to release the ball. I hope we see last year's Jimmy G and not this year's Jimmy G when he comes back.

Yep, when i watched the games JG played in this season, he didn't look comfortable at all?! So that IS a concern for next season......which JG will we see?

He could use another quick WR who'll get separation faster. Trent Taylor could be this guy if his health is back to near 100%.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, when i watched the games JG played in this season, he didn't look comfortable at all?! So that IS a concern for next season......which JG will we see?

He could use another quick WR who'll get separation faster. Trent Taylor could be this guy if his health is back to near 100%.
That had me worried as well. It was evident right away in game 1 but I thought it might be because the Viking defense was so good but Jimmy looked like that in every game. Maybe he just looked so quick and decisive with his throws last year because of who we were comparing him to.
If he does turn out to be a bust I certainly won't blame that on the 49ers though. From the sample size they had to work with he looked like the real deal; and he brought results with 5 victories and no defeats.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That had me worried as well. It was evident right away in game 1 but I thought it might be because the Viking defense was so good but Jimmy looked like that in every game. Maybe he just looked so quick and decisive with his throws last year because of who we were comparing him to.
If he does turn out to be a bust I certainly won't blame that on the 49ers though. From the sample size they had to work with he looked like the real deal; and he brought results with 5 victories and no defeats.

They built his contract so that if he wasn't the real deal they could get out of it after two or three years, I believe it was three.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Games decided by <7 points, with Garoppolo: 3-0

Games decided by <7 points, without Garoppolo: 1-9

Besides injury, not concerned at all.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They built his contract so that if he wasn't the real deal they could get out of it after two or three years, I believe it was three.
They should be able to tell after two more seasons.