• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

:(

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tore my acl.

kinda bummed out.

trying to put the best spin on this, but definitely felt like a punch in the gut when the doc told me.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Motherfucking fuck. Sorry to hear about that, johnny. That really sucks. :(

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silver lining: Now you have an excuse to sit around and drink beer instead of actually getting things done.

Seriously though, that sucks man. I hope you have a fucking speedy recovery.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh man. sorry. heal fast bro

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you need surgery? I tore my MCL a little while ago and I was able to let it heal on it's own and just wear a hinged brace for a bit.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
playing ball hockey.

i was running full speed to chase a ball into the corner. saw the wall coming up fast, so i came to a dead stop.

felt a tiny twist, pop, a quick sharp shooting pain, then felt my knee give out.

when i got up, my knee was wobbly, so i took a shift off, walked it off.......

and like a dumbfuck tried to go out and play on it again. took one step and felt me knee go sideways.

happened on sunday and i went right to the ed, they put me in a brace and on crutches, recommended i go see an ortho, which happened today.

what fuckin sucks is that it's been feeling better everyday, and i've been able to put weight on it, but the ortho seemed pretty definitive.

got an mri scheduled tuesday, so i'm holding out a small hope that it's not as bad as he thinks...

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks everyone.

i'm guessing it'll need surgery, but i think they do it all arthroscopically now/

my father in law blew both of his acl's in the past and at a fairly advanced age, buthe's recovered really well and is one of the most fit people i know, so i'm hoping this all goes smoothly if it goes in that direction.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*clears throat* It's not as bad as you think any more. For a semi-athletic person (aka a weekend warrior) you should be back to the usual in about 8 months. If you're a dedicated rehabber it should be smooth. On the downside, it's most likely you'll need surgery. If your ortho is definitive that it's ACL...then it's probably ACL. Hahah, you have the usual mechanism (plant and twist) and usual symptoms of a tear. Even if it's not a complete tear, surgery is seen to be a good option. Without surgery the ACL takes forever to heal because it's deep in the joint and doesn't get good blood supply (unlike the MCL like Vee mentioned). So, all in all, it'll suck to be in a brace for awhile, you'll be able to walk fairly soon after surgery. ACL reconstruction has gotten to the point where they know that motion is the best rehab for the joint...in other words, you'll be moving your knee literally right out of surgery (with many docs, some are different), although you won't be weight bearing right away. In summation: it's not nearly as bad as it was 20 years ago, and heck even 5 years ago.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*clears throat* It's not as bad as you think any more. For a semi-athletic person (aka a weekend warrior) you should be back to the usual in about 8 months. If you're a dedicated rehabber it should be smooth. On the downside, it's most likely you'll need surgery. If your ortho is definitive that it's ACL...then it's probably ACL. Hahah, you have the usual mechanism (plant and twist) and usual symptoms of a tear. Even if it's not a complete tear, surgery is seen to be a good option. Without surgery the ACL takes forever to heal because it's deep in the joint and doesn't get good blood supply (unlike the MCL like Vee mentioned). So, all in all, it'll suck to be in a brace for awhile, you'll be able to walk fairly soon after surgery. ACL reconstruction has gotten to the point where they know that motion is the best rehab for the joint...in other words, you'll be moving your knee literally right out of surgery (with many docs, some are different), although you won't be weight bearing right away. In summation: it's not nearly as bad as it was 20 years ago, and heck even 5 years ago.

Hermione. :rolleyes:

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, i'm actually not so worried about the process. i think i'm just more bummed about the concept of it...you know that whole invincibility delusion "i could never get hurt."

i think i'm lucky that i've never been seriously injured before considering some of absolutley stupid fucking shit i've done in my life.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, i'm actually not so worried about the process. i think i'm just more bummed about the concept of it...you know that whole invincibility delusion "i could never get hurt."

i think i'm lucky that i've never been seriously injured before considering some of absolutley stupid fucking shit i've done in my life.

Ahh, gotcha. Hard thing to grasp. Don't mind me...I just enjoy bragging.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh, gotcha. Hard thing to grasp. Don't mind me...I just enjoy bragging.

actually, the info is quite helpful. i don't always ask questions when i should, then realize later that i should have asked questions.

and for the record, i fully endorse any bragging.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually, the info is quite helpful. i don't always ask questions when i should, then realize later that i should have asked questions.

and for the record, i fully endorse any bragging.

I'm actually rehabbing a post-op ACL guy right now. Can give you tips if needed down the line.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to hear that, Johnny.

Will there be a press conference Tuesday to update us on the injury?