• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4 Pittsburgh Penguins v. 5 Tampa Bay Lightning Series Thread

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the other 25% of her cooking you don't like??? :D

No, she's actually an awesome cook. We've been married 18 years and for the first 16, she did it all, grilled, cooked, etc. I started grilling a couple of years ago (cuz I hated feeling like a punk when we had people over for a cookout and she had to do everything) and realized I really like doing it. I started cooking regular food last year, and now I'm hooked. The timing is good, she's tired of it, and its new and interesting for me.

I'm trying to work on her for hockey. She doesn't like sports at all. I need to get her to a game, I think she might like it.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Subtle humor doesn't work on these boards... :L

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UGH. Was this concussion a while ago? Because that "no sleep for X hours" is complete bull now. The BEST thing to do is to let them sleep. The reason they said it was because they don't want someone with a brain bleed to go to sleep and not wake up, but it's actually more detrimental to keep a hurting brain awake and not let it rest.

Yeah it was awhile ago. I was a kid of maybe 9 or 10. I was playing kickball during recess. For some reason I decided to slide head first into homeplate. It wouldn't have been a big deal if we weren't playing on asphault. At least I think that's what it was. We just called it the Blacktop because that's what it looked like.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it was awhile ago. I was a kid of maybe 9 or 10. I was playing kickball during recess. For some reason I decided to slide head first into homeplate. It wouldn't have been a big deal if we weren't playing on asphault. At least I think that's what it was. We just called it the Blacktop because that's what it looked like.

Okay, that makes more sense. The letting them sleep thing is relatively recent, although so many parents think it's still part of it because it was always enforced pretty strictly.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, that makes more sense. The letting them sleep thing is relatively recent, although so many parents think it's still part of it because it was always enforced pretty strictly.

Yeah the doctor made it very clear I wasn't supposed to sleep for 12 to 24 hours. I'm glad things have changed more for the parents than anyone else. The kid just wants to sleep. The parents just worry.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the doctor made it very clear I wasn't supposed to sleep for 12 to 24 hours. I'm glad things have changed more for the parents than anyone else. The kid just wants to sleep. The parents just worry.

I say keep the little bastards awake and find some work for them to do!!!!! :behindsofa:

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently now that would be the right thing to do. When I was a kid not so much.

Actually, I think it's the other way around. When I was a kid, post Korean war by quite a few years for you smart asses, we had chores to do. today it seems kids have less to do and spend way too much time playing video games. Believe me when I say times sure have changed.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I think it's the other way around. When I was a kid, post Korean war by quite a few years for you smart asses, we had chores to do. today it seems kids have less to do and spend way too much time playing video games. Believe me when I say times sure have changed.

My age group is the very last to not have grown up with the internet and computers being commonplace in many avenues...and it's killing the future generations. They don't know how to live without this crap. Example: watching The Shining this weekend and my 10 year old cousin was watching (I thought it was a bad idea too, but his father allowed it), his comment when seeing how they filled their time all alone snowed in, "What did they DO? They don't have DSes or computers or ANYTHING!" :L I fear for the future.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Video games & I don't mix. I've had 3 eye surgeries. Chores were something we had to do as kids. If I didn't do mine there was always a price to be paid.

beantownmaniac

Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My age group is the very last to not have grown up with the internet and computers being commonplace in many avenues...and it's killing the future generations. They don't know how to live without this crap. Example: watching The Shining this weekend and my 10 year old cousin was watching (I thought it was a bad idea too, but his father allowed it), his comment when seeing how they filled their time all alone snowed in, "What did they DO? They don't have DSes or computers or ANYTHING!" :L I fear for the future.

You should see the looks I get when I tell kids these days how I used to change the channel or adjust the volume on the TV. They almost faint when I tell them how many channels we got. What makes me feel old is they don't even know what a walkman is!!!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should see the looks I get when I tell kids these days how I used to change the channel or adjust the volume on the TV. They almost faint when I tell them how many channels we got. What makes me feel old is they don't even know what a walkman is!!!

Hahaha, I STILL have a walkman! :)

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOoooOOOoooOOooOoOOOooOOoOO. Pens, YOU MUST WIN TODAY. I have a meeting at 7pm on Wednesday!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible anthem...wayyyyyyy sharp. Ouch. Nice fro Mr. Jeremy

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very choppy so far. Both teams stacking it up at the blue line.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa has been offsides 5 or so times now.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think the ice surface in Tampa helps the Pens keep the pace down, which is in the Pens' favor.