• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4 Pittsburgh Penguins v. 5 Tampa Bay Lightning Series Thread

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pens TV announcers are as terrible as their radio announcers are fantastic. Most of the people I have met in Pittsburgh actually agree with me as well. Mike Lang is awesome and Phil Bourque works great with him. Stigerwald(sp) and Errey are awful, imo.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a set of announcer that are not homers. If so I have yet to hear them.

Kings announcers are surprisingly non-homeristic. Listening to Olcek in the SCF last year I could not tell he was the Blackhawks guy at all... but then again he was announcing for NBC nationally.

johnnytata

sugar booger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ken cal and paul woods radio for the wings are pretty fuckin cool.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Listening to the Announcers for the Rags Vs Caps it sounded like the announcer had an orgasm during the goal...

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm afraid the Pens have squeezed every last drop of blood out of the turnip in their 3 wins. Our current talent level is such that if we don't play a perfect positional game defensively and can't squeeze out 3 goals from our offense, we'll lose every time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict a shutout for Fleury on Monday. NostraDarkstone has spoken. The odds of it happening have now increased to 50/50.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm afraid the Pens have squeezed every last drop of blood out of the turnip in their 3 wins. Our current talent level is such that if we don't play a perfect positional game defensively and can't squeeze out 3 goals from our offense, we'll lose every time.

The issue is this: they can't get down. They just can't. There's a premium on that first goal. It's hard to say though if it's the first one, or the second one, because in nearly EVERY GAME, the team that scored first scored shortly after to go up by 2. The Pens were the better team in the first period, got down, and fell apart positionally and mentally. Basically, it's not even worth noting anything else that happened in that game, because it was just over. I'm not extremely worried. I think they'll win one of the next two. In fact, I'm thinking that they'll keep the road streak alive. For some reason, whether it's because of the family/distractions of a home game, or just coincidence, we play better on the road. That and St. Pete is far from intimidating.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My GDT streak is over :(

What a shit-show that was. Well, guess they want that sunshine down on the panhandle.

Dare, get tickets... we need your good luck to close this sucker out in 6 :D:smile:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the Buffalo and Vancouver games...I want this one bad. Already getting nervous.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance Sid comes back if the Pens make it to round 2?

I think the chance is greater...but I guess that's obvious. I must say that I've never dealt with such a severe concussion in my very...well...short career, so my 'expertise' is minimal. All I know is I'm sick of the media jumping on every move the guy makes and looking FAR too into it. He missed one morning skate, and they thought "OMGZ, he's had a major setback!" Then, he practiced a whole week straight and "He's gotta be realz close...like...srsly...he'll be in next game." It's annoying as all get out. Obviously everything hinges on him getting to the next step. The next step is contact in practice. I think once he gets there he's a week out. If he can get through that for a week straight and have no side effects, he's clear. But, I'm not a doctor and I have no clue what the situation truly was.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the chance is greater...but I guess that's obvious. I must say that I've never dealt with such a severe concussion in my very...well...short career, so my 'expertise' is minimal. All I know is I'm sick of the media jumping on every move the guy makes and looking FAR too into it. He missed one morning skate, and they thought "OMGZ, he's had a major setback!" Then, he practiced a whole week straight and "He's gotta be realz close...like...srsly...he'll be in next game." It's annoying as all get out. Obviously everything hinges on him getting to the next step. The next step is contact in practice. I think once he gets there he's a week out. If he can get through that for a week straight and have no side effects, he's clear. But, I'm not a doctor and I have no clue what the situation truly was.

I know I've had at least one concussion, probably more. I remember being told I had to stay awake for 12 to 24 hours. Of course my family wanted to be on the safe side so 24 hours it was. During the entire time all I wanted to do was get some Z's. I was out like a light once the 24 hour period was up.

As you know I'm an Isles fan & our teams are probably going to play some very shall we say interesting games next year. However I hope Sid recovers 100%. I want to see him play too. Even if he is an Islanders Killer.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dare, get tickets... we need your good luck to close this sucker out in 6 :D:smile:
No can do...gotta save up my vacation time for the SC victory parade! ;)

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No can do...gotta save up my vacation time for the SC victory parade! ;)

I admire your optimism... but the margin for error the Pens skate with every night is pretty incredible. It was easy to forget about it after they played so well in game four, but saturday put it all back in perspective for me. :bored:

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Working at a university my vacation time renews July 1, and we always make a trip up to the burgh to visit family in June, so that is the main reason I'm saving my vacation, but if it coincides with a SC victory parade, then so be it!

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just requested vacation time just to go work for my Uncle in Maine/Boston for a week, lol. I figure, fuck it. Get paid vacation time and go make a quick grand hopefully.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in a damn conundrum. I have an avi bet with dare in our playoff pool here, so the Lightning getting knocked out will help immensely, but I's rather stick a fork in my eye than root for the Pens. Oh well, they do make glass eyes and I'll be real popular at parties.

GO PENS!!! :puke: