• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4) NY Knicks vs 5) Atlanta Hawks

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,146.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A New Yorker spit on Trae? Arrest him.

Same with that Philadelphia fan that threw popcorn on RW.
In a state recently (can't remember where).....a white woman spit on a white woman over not wearing a mask and the white woman that was spit on was going through chemotherapy for cancer.....The judge gave the woman 60 days in county jail and 2 years probation.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute now!!!

You going against the regs on here now?

Ohh boy , you gone and did yourself in here .

Your set of stake knives order has just been canceled.

You keep claiming victory laps for this prediction.

I don’t think anyone here ever said Fizdale wouldn’t be fired. Nobody argued you on that.

What I and many others argued was you blaming the Knicks failures on Fizdale. The root of the failure went much deeper.

And what you see today? You can get some credit for Thibs doing a great job. He has been great. However, this roster isn’t at all the same as the one Fizdale had. They have added a couple key vets and some of their young guys are way better than they were 2 years ago.

Thibs might have done better with the 2019 team, but he wasn’t taking them to the playoffs either.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t think anyone here ever said Fizdale wouldn’t be fired. Nobody argued you on that.

What I and many others argued was you blaming the Knicks failures on Fizdale. The root of the failure went much deeper.

And what you see today? You can get some credit for Thibs doing a great job. He has been great. However, this roster isn’t at all the same as the one Fizdale had. They have added a couple key vets and some of their young guys are way better than they were 2 years ago.

Thibs might have done better with the 2019 team, but he wasn’t taking them to the playoffs either.

And, truth be told, Thibs is known for maximizing the talent on a roster. For a season or 2 until the players get tired of his shit.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, truth be told, Thibs is known for maximizing the talent on a roster. For a season or 2 until the players get tired of his shit.

He runs them into the ground. His old Bulls players seem to love the guy. Minny's players sure didn't though. lol

But he'd run with a playoff rotation all through the regular season and they'd run out of gas in the playoffs.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He runs them into the ground. His old Bulls players seem to love the guy. Minny's players sure didn't though. lol

But he'd run with a playoff rotation all through the regular season and they'd run out of gas in the playoffs.

Which for a team like the Knicks is perfectly fine. That team is in desperate need of some playoff games. And if the Knicks can win their first round series, this will be a huge victory season for the Knicks.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Case and point... no credit whatsoever , cause you were one of many here who said he wouldn’t be fired because of a challenged roster...

and, this roster is no better or worse than what fizzdale had... so stop!

I post common sense , you guys post with none to very little. . Book smart you are , street smart , you dummmmmmm

my posts, 90% of them will come to fruition, guaranteed!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which for a team like the Knicks is perfectly fine. That team is in desperate need of some playoff games. And if the Knicks can win their first round series, this will be a huge victory season for the Knicks.

Just off of what they've done so far, folks are talking about them as a major FA player starting this coming off-season.

If they actually advance beyond this round (I think they will), they're going to be more talked about than whoever wins the title. lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Case and point... no credit whatsoever , cause you were one of many here who said he wouldn’t be fired because of a challenged roster...

and, this roster is no better or worse than what fizzdale had... so stop!

I post common sense , you guys post with none to very little. . Book smart you are , street smart , you dummmmmmm

my posts, 90% of them will come to fruition, guaranteed!

No. I never said he wouldn’t be fired. Find the quote.

I said it wasn’t his fault that they were bad.

Not the same thing.

I literally just gave you credit in the post you quoted. And you don’t even have the sense to acknowledge it. You don’t even remember the conversation because of all the clipboard damage.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I never said he wouldn’t be fired. Find the quote.

I said it wasn’t his fault that they were bad.

Not the same thing.

I literally just gave you credit in the post you quoted. And you don’t even have the sense to acknowledge it. You don’t even remember the conversation because of all the clipboard damage.
yes it was his fault, and he was fired for it?

what is it you don’t get here?

He’s not even coaching in the NBA today...

Is that not proof enough? It’s not like he’s an old man they put out to pasture..

cmon man

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes it was his fault, and he was fired for it?

what is it you don’t get here?

He’s not even coaching in the NBA today...

Is that not proof enough? It’s not like he’s an old man they put out to pasture..

cmon man

No it isn’t.

As the saying goes, there are 2 types of coaches: coaches with talented players, and ex-coaches.

Just because he doesn’t have a coaching job doesn’t prove anything. All I said was that you can’t properly evaluate his ability based on that job. Because his roster sucked.

On the other end, Scott Brooks, for example is a pretty terrible coach.

But guess what?

He won so many games in OKC due to stacked rosters that he won COY 1 year and got a second job in Washington where he has floundered.

GMs hire and fire coaches. When the team doesn’t do well, the GM tries to save his own skin by blaming the coach. That happens all the time. And it doesn’t prove a damn thing about the coach’s ability. That is what happened in NY.

He might be a lousy head coach. But we might not ever really know.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it isn’t.

As the saying goes, there are 2 types of coaches: coaches with talented players, and ex-coaches.

Just because he doesn’t have a coaching job doesn’t prove anything. All I said was that you can’t properly evaluate his ability based on that job. Because his roster sucked.

On the other end, Scott Brooks, for example is a pretty terrible coach.

But guess what?

He won so many games in OKC due to stacked rosters that he won COY 1 year and got a second job in Washington where he has floundered.

GMs hire and fire coaches. When the team doesn’t do well, the GM tries to save his own skin by blaming the coach. That happens all the time. And it doesn’t prove a damn thing about the coach’s ability. That is what happened in NY.

He might be a lousy head coach. But we might not ever really know.
Again, don’t know why you can’t let this go..

Fizzdale took an experienced playoff team , the Memphis Grizzlies and did not make PS, Mgmt saw something right away
And
Canned him after 1 year..

this guy got lucky cause he happened to be with the warriors at the right time.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, don’t know why you can’t let this go..

Fizzdale took an experienced playoff team , the Memphis Grizzlies and did not make PS, Mgmt saw something right away
And
Canned him after 1 year..

this guy got lucky cause he happened to be with the warriors at the right time.

Wrong, as usual.

He made the playoffs with an aging roster in 2017. They lost a couple core players in the offseason.

He got fired after a 7-12 start the following season and drew a ton of criticism from NBA insiders for doing so

The Grizz finished the season 22-60 after firing Fizdale. You know, because they didn’t have the talent to win anymore.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong, as usual.

He made the playoffs with an aging roster in 2017. They lost a couple core players in the offseason.

He got fired after a 7-12 start the following season and drew a ton of criticism from NBA insiders for doing so

The Grizz finished the season 22-60 after firing Fizdale. You know, because they didn’t have the talent to win anymore.
Spin it any way you like...

You said the same thing about him with the Knicks roster he had, pretty much the same it is now. EXCEPT, now we have an actual coach who holds his players accountable.

but you’ll be you and argue for the sake of arguing...

Fizzdale, not only is he not coaching in the NBA today, at such a young age, he wasn’t even sought after at college level...

cmon man

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isnt time for that annual eye test old man?
seems mine work fine. if you can't see how these dudes are roasting you i'd say it's YOU with the eye problem, old man...

but hey, it's a free country. you have the right to be a punching bag if you truly aspire to that...:heh:

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems mine work fine. if you can't see how these dudes are roasting you i'd say it's YOU with the eye problem, old man...

but hey, it's a free country. you have the right to be a punching bag if you truly aspire to that...:heh:
If you live on a one way street , I can see your point.