• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4 Atlanta Hawks (48-34) vs. 1 Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25)

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the reason for the :L

You said the Hawks were 19-11 vs. the West, which is true. What you missed is that they were 1-5 vs. the top 3 teams in the West. Teams they would have to play 2-3 more times each.

That is true. However, we would have played one less game against our daddy (that's what I'm calling the Cavs until we win a game against them). In addition, we would have gotten to play the West's worst teams more than the East's worst teams, and the East's non-playoff teams were better than the West's.

Would the Hawks' record in the West be worse than the East? Maybe. It's not very easy to quantify that type of schedule change. Personally, I would not be surprised if we won an extra game in the West by playing slightly more bad teams; however, whether the record is better or worse, I don't think it would have been significant enough to make the Hawks' record go down by seven games (Houston's record) like purguy is suggesting it would.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last comment n whiteside on a cavs thread after a GREAT road playoff win becuase i could careless- maybe tomorrow--- but guys go CAREERS without acting like a fucking thug 3 times in 2 seasons like Whiteside...guys go CAREERS without that shit happening ONCE and it happens 3 times in 2 years to a guy that had previously been blackballed for his idiocy/thuggishness - so PLEASE- GTFO acting like the guy is Mr. Rogers because hes a LOT more Mr. T.

Despite whatever you write, he's about to have teams fighting for him, which has to equate to you being full of shit.

He might not stay perfect, who knows?
But I'm telling you, I see and hear what he's had to go through on an almost nightly basis.
Hes constantly baited, taunted, and everything else and for the most part he just laughs at the opponent doing it to him.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last comment n whiteside on a cavs thread after a GREAT road playoff win becuase i could careless- maybe tomorrow--- but guys go CAREERS without acting like a fucking thug 3 times in 2 seasons like Whiteside...guys go CAREERS without that shit happening ONCE and it happens 3 times in 2 years to a guy that had previously been blackballed for his idiocy/thuggishness - so PLEASE- GTFO acting like the guy is Mr. Rogers because hes a LOT more Mr. T.

and geezus- i realize you dont need to be a rocket scientist to play basketball- Derek Rose is exhibit A....but man - you listen to Whiteside and he sounds DUMB

I've heard exit interviews where LeBron sounds dumb...AND bitter...

so what...?

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite whatever you write, he's about to have teams fighting for him, which has to equate to you being full of shit.

He might not stay perfect, who knows?
But I'm telling you, I see and hear what he's had to go through on an almost nightly basis.
Hes constantly baited, taunted, and everything else and for the most part he just laughs at the opponent doing it to him.

Grant Hill versus Pat Riley for the rights to Whiteside? :lol:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I though

Grant Hill versus Pat Riley for the rights to Whiteside? :lol:

I really think it might come down to what happens with Bosh.
My best guess is that the Heat does everything in their power to convince him to retire.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside will be on the cavs next year

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true. However, we would have played one less game against our daddy (that's what I'm calling them until we win a game against them). In addition, we would have gotten to play the West's worst teams more than the East's worst teams, and the East's non-playoff teams were better than the West's.

Would the Hawks' record in the West be worse than the East? Maybe. It's not very easy to quantify that type of schedule change. Personally, I would not be surprised if we won an extra game in the West by playing slightly more bad teams; however, whether the record is better or worse, I don't think it would have been significant to make the Hawks' record go down by seven games (Houston's record) like purguy is suggesting it would.

First of all...LMAO @ Daddy.

Second, agree with much of this, but remember it's the top teams that matter, because that's who you have to beat.

I think that if you take any team from the East and put them in the West, they do worse because there are more elite/near elite teams in the West. In the West, you have to deal with the Spurs, GSW and OKC as elite teams and a healthy Clippers are just a rung below that.

In the East, the only elite team is the Cavs and I'm not sure any other teams qualify as even Clippers level except maybe your Hawks.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think it might come down to what happens with Bosh.
My best guess is that the Heat does everything in their power to convince him to retire.

for the good of his health I think they should. who wants the guy to risk death on the court...?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was your original premise not that the Hawks would either be a non-playoff team or an 8th seed?
Yes I said they would not be a playoff team and at best a 8th or 7th seed and they wouldn't be in the 2nd rd.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all...LMAO @daddy.

Second, agree with much of this, but remember it's the top teams that matter, because that's who you have to beat.

I think that if you take any team from the East and put them in the West, they do worse because there are more elite/near elite teams in the West. In the West, you have to deal with the Spurs, GSW and OKC as elite teams and a healthy Clippers are just a rung below that.

In the East, the only elite team is the Cavs and I'm not sure any other teams qualify as even Clippers level except maybe your Hawks.

They would definitely do worse against the West's elite. The West's top three is definitely superior to the East's top three. Doesn't come close. That's why I don't think Cleveland will win a championship this year, or next year. Good team, but just nowhere near on Golden State or San Antonio's level. Same problem OKC has been having for years. Good, sometimes even great team, but there's usually been someone in the West that was just better than them.

Clippers are probably better than us. They didn't do bad with Griffin out for a significant portion of the season. To me, the Clippers have the same problem as OKC. Good, but not 73 win good like GS.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have no cap space, plus they already have a better C.:fap:

man of the year and model citizen. he ALSO brings great effort on the court i'll have you know, Turnup...

your simple poll a few months back shows how CLEARLY myopic as fans the rest us of are...:heh:

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would definitely do worse against the West's elite. The West's top three is definitely superior to the East's top three. Doesn't come close. That's why I don't think Cleveland will win a championship this year, or next year. Good team, but just nowhere near on Golden State or San Antonio's level. Same problem OKC has been having for years. Good, sometimes even great team, but there's usually been someone in the West that was just better than them.

Clippers are probably better than us. They didn't do bad with Griffin out for a significant portion of the season. To me, the Clippers have the same problem as OKC. Good, but not 73 win good like GS.

Agree. Gotta feel kind of bad for OKC and the Clips being so good right at the time that the Warriors and Spurs decide to be historically good.

My Lakers picked a perfect time to suck and avoid that frustration. :yes:

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I said they would not be a playoff team and at best a 8th or 7th seed and they wouldn't be in the 2nd rd.

Well, then you were about regular season. But, yes, I agree the Hawks probably are not in the second in the West. Well, maybe not. If we play Clippers and, in this strange alternate universe where Atlanta is a Western team, Paul and Griffin still get hurt (with their luck, it would happen, lol), Hawks would likely win that series.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for the good of his health I think they should. who wants the guy to risk death on the court...?

Agree.

I know nothing about blood clots, by my common sense tells me that once it becomes reoccurring, it should be considered career ending cause there's apparently no way to prevent it from happening again,

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

I know nothing about blood clots, by my common sense tells me that once it becomes reoccurring, it should be considered career ending cause there's apparently no way to prevent it from happening again,

exactly. some may disagree but imo money ain't worth dyin' for...

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Gotta feel kind of bad for OKC and the Clips being so good right at the time that the Warriors and Spurs decide to be historically good.

My Lakers picked a perfect time to suck. :yes:

Yeah, it's pretty depressing for them. I mean, at least the Hawks aren't true championship contenders and losing in the second round. The Thunder and Clippers have (or had, until Paul and Griffin got hurt) championship caliber talent, but there's two amazing teams right in front of them that they're unlikely to get through both of. If you're these two teams, all you can really hope for is to be the healthier team come Playoff time.