• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4 Atlanta Hawks (48-34) vs. 1 Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25)

Krispy Treat

3-6 Latvia
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a time earlier in this season that I thought Bazemore was a quality wing to go after in the offseason. Even though it is a high demand for athletic wings like him, he really has been a garbage can since the new year. A few bright spots with the increased playing time, but alot of duds. Give me the re-innovated Evan Turner over him.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just plain ol' mean. It made me lol and it's true...

But it's still mean.

There are many alternate universes, more than likely. In none of them do I think the Clippers win championships. It's kinda like the Falcons. Even when they have the talent, it still doesn't happen.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a time earlier in this season that I thought Bazemore was a quality wing to go after in the offseason. Even though it is a high demand for athletic wings like him, he really has been a garbage can since the new year. A few bright spots with the increased playing time, but alot of duds. Give me the re-innovated Evan Turner over him.

He's definitely inconsistent. X-factor when he's good; Ms. Disappear when he's not. It's possible I could count with one hand the amount of times the announcers called Bazemore's name in a positive context in tonight's game.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly. some may disagree but imo money ain't worth dyin' for...

He still gets every penny of his contract, so that's not even a factor.

For the Heat though, at least in Feb they'd get the salary cap space back, plus I'd bet they have some medical type of insurance clause which would pay his salary vs Arison.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are many alternate universes, more than likely. In none of them do I think the Clippers win championships. It's kinda like the Falcons. Even when they have the talent, it still doesn't happen.

lol not the alternate timeline thing. keep that crap up and i'll go into nerd mode here...:lol:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely inconsistent. X-factor when he's good; Ms. Disappear when he's not. It's possible I could count with one hand the amount of times the announcers called Bazemore's name in a positive context in tonight's game.

My bad on Bazemore.
I used him in FanDuel

#kissofdeath

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad on Bazemore.
I used him in FanDuel

#kissofdeath

Whether or not we bring him back really depends on what he wants. If he wants what Carroll getting paid by Toronto (about $13 million a year), then, lol, no. I mean, that's more than what Horford and Teague get paid, and they've actually been All-Stars.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look I dont think Atlanta is as bad as people are saying. They would have beat just about any team tonight bc they were hot. They are just a bad matchup for the Cavs and a lot of it has to do honestly is Cleveland is now in their heads. They are scared of them IMO

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, then you were about regular season. But, yes, I agree the Hawks probably are not in the second in the West. Well, maybe not. If we play Clippers and, in this strange alternate universe where Atlanta is a Western team, Paul and Griffin still get hurt (with their luck, it would happen, lol), Hawks would likely win that series.

I hope you sign Dwight Howard for 4yrs/30 mil plus!!

* wipes tears from eyes, takes ball goes home *

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether or not we bring him back really depends on what he wants. If he wants what Carroll getting paid by Toronto (about $13 million a year), then, lol, no. I mean, that's more than what Horford and Teague get paid, and they've actually been All-Stars.

Sadly, that's what mid-tiered guys will be making starting next Season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look I dont think Atlanta is as bad as people are saying. They would have beat just about any team tonight bc they were hot. They are just a bad matchup for the Cavs and a lot of it has to do honestly is Cleveland is now in their heads. They are scared of them IMO
I agree....this has pretty much been the 2nd best team in the East the last two seasons I think and probably has the 2nd most talent in the EAst...

JR Smith is a really good matchup against Korver
TT is a really good defensive option vs. Milsap and just dominates the Hawks on the boards
They reallly have no one to check LeBron at all--- other teams could have Morris or Crowder or Deng...not great options obviusly- but better than Bazemore defensively...Bazemore just looks SO SMALL against LeBron

The Hawks I think had the best defensive field goal percentage either in the East or the league....this was a very good defensive team during the regular season.

The Cavs offense is hitting on all cylinders, the Cavs are more talented, AND matchup better...its kind of a perfect storm against these guys.

Lets hope the Cavs can improve to 8-0 in the post season on Sunday....would be nice to get this series over and done with and give the guys time to rest and refocus for the series at hand...

no matter who comes out of the Heat and Raptors- I dont think the Cavs are going to sweep them and go 12-0 in the East...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree....this has pretty much been the 2nd best team in the East the last two seasons I think and probably has the 2nd most talent in the EAst...

JR Smith is a really good matchup against Korver
TT is a really good defensive option vs. Milsap and just dominates the Hawks on the boards
They reallly have no one to check LeBron at all--- other teams could have Morris or Crowder or Deng...not great options obviusly- but better than Bazemore defensively...Bazemore just looks SO SMALL against LeBron

The Hawks I think had the best defensive field goal percentage either in the East or the league....this was a very good defensive team during the regular season.

The Cavs offense is hitting on all cylinders, the Cavs are more talented, AND matchup better...its kind of a perfect storm against these guys.

Lets hope the Cavs can improve to 8-0 in the post season on Sunday....would be nice to get this series over and done with and give the guys time to rest and refocus for the series at hand...

no matter who comes out of the Heat and Raptors- I dont think the Cavs are going to sweep them and go 12-0 in the East...

You said they would on Monday night.....

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with a question mark???

i wondered if it was possible...

at the beginning of the playoffs i thought they would lose more than the 2 games they have lost last season....thus far though the Cavs have played really good basketball and have been consistent....stayed away from the boneheaded mistakes and scoring droughts and defensive lapses that have seemed to plague the rest of the East here or there.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its certainly POSSIBLE they go 4-4-4 right now....i would bet against it though....the Hawks played well last night. Im sure Toronto or Miami will play well for a game or two at home.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its certainly POSSIBLE they go 4-4-4 right now....i would bet against it though....the Hawks played well last night. Im sure Toronto or Miami will play well for a game or two at home.

They are already booking their accommodations.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First 3 quarters the Cavs defense was disappointing. IMO, it was really their first disappointing performance of the playoffs.

BUT.. they overcame the Hawks making 16 3's on 49% shooting from 3 (both better than Warriors numbers)... and dominated the end of the game and got the W.

Before these playoffs started... there were only 3 times in the entire history of the NBA that a team made 20 3's in a playoff game. The cavs have now done it 3 times in these playoffs.