• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4 Atlanta Hawks (48-34) vs. 1 Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25)

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can beat every Team in the West, sans the Spurs and Warriors.

So, technically...your statement is true because they would have to go thru one, or the other, to get to the Finals.
Imagine going through both. no way. that is the difference between the west and the East.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what question? are you talking about a question about Hasssan Whiteside on a Cavs thread an hour after the Cavs just won a playoff game? no- im not- i could give a fuck. I am enjoying Valunciunas outplaying him....lets see when some REAL adversity occurs. Olnyk, Marcus Morris, now TEague...guys do stupid stuff that when they are getting embarassed--- JUST WAIT.....JUST FUCKING WAIT!! MWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

I've been waiting for 9 game now bro.

I don't know what's more adversity then being down 3-2 and heading on the road to save your season

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no its a fact man. West beat up on each other. Come one. I know you are a Hawks fan but they would have no shot in the west and they would defintley not be in the 2nd rd. Its a big difference. If lucky the Hawks might of been a 8th seed and they would of played GS.

And the East teams don't beat up on each other? They play each other just as much as the Western teams play each other.

The Hawks had a 19-11 record against the West, which comes up to a record of .633. If that record were to remain constant if they were in the West, they'd be a five seed. Of course, that record probably would not be exactly the same, but seeing as how the overall quality in the West is lower (hence the stats I cited), I think it's more likely the Hawks would have had an even better record in the West than a worse one.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's 2 more than the East.
hmmmm...look at those west teams

the Mavs and Grizzlies and Clippers were fucked....no Griffin and Paul....no Conley and Gasol....no Parsons, Deron Williams wasont playing- Mavs could hardly field a healthy roster....those 3 got unlucky with injuries no doubt----- but the fact is those 3 teams were "hot buttered garbage" in the playoffs.

The Blazers have a really really good play in Lillard- but their roster is trash...that roster had NO BUSINESS winning a playoff series except for the fact of the Clippers injuries

And then the Rockets...we all know the Rockets would have preffered not to even have made the playoffs. lol...

the West was just fucking AWFUL outside of those top 3 teams.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The two best teams in the league are in the West. The NBA Finals champion is going to be a Western team. However, as a collective, I don't think the West is significantly better than the East.

EDIT: Make that three best teams. I would argue that OKC is better than Cleveland, or at least on their level.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two best teams in the league are in the West. The NBA Finals champion is going to be a Western team. However, as a collective, I don't think the West is significantly better than the East.

admittedly the gap between the 2 has closed somewhat, but I STILL give the West a slight advantage...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

EDIT: Make that three best teams. I would argue that OKC is better than Cleveland, or at least on their level.

I agree. I said it yesterday, the West is better than the East 1-4 by a significant margin. 5-15 I'll take the East

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a strategy they DEFINITELY should've continued doing...

btw anyone else think THAT rule gets changed next season...?

thought so by looking at Adam Silver...:lol:

I hope not.
If NBA players can't figure out how to stand there and shoot an uncontested, straight 15' shot, then they should have to deal with the consequences.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
admittedly the gap between the 2 has closed somewhat, but I STILL give the West a slight advantage...

You're out of your mind. The West is better when it comes to title contenders. After the Clippers, The East was clearly better this season 5-15

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah hitting 21 and 25 3's in back-to-back games lol. The Hawks played about as good as you could of than rebounding and they still lost. Cavs were on fire and faced adversity. I liked the way they fought
Cavs were 22-8 vs. the West this year...which is actually worse than last year.....obviously this is just an inebriated bitter chicago fan spewing nonsense possibly upset that he gets deprived of LeBron slaughtering his Bulls- which is a regular spring tradition ...as i said...the Masters...Nfl draft....baseball season sstarts...the Bulls get slaughtered by LeBron...lol

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I said it yesterday, the West is better than the East 1-4 by a significant margin. 5-15 I'll take the East

Exactly. And you play that 5-15 more than you do the 1-4. That's why I don't buy into the "They're not a Playoff team in the West" argument.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmmm...look at those west teams

the Mavs and Grizzlies and Clippers were fucked....no Griffin and Paul....no Conley and Gasol....no Parsons, Deron Williams wasont playing- Mavs could hardly field a healthy roster....those 3 got unlucky with injuries no doubt----- but the fact is those 3 teams were "hot buttered garbage" in the playoffs.

The Blazers have a really really good play in Lillard- but their roster is trash...that roster had NO BUSINESS winning a playoff series except for the fact of the Clippers injuries

And then the Rockets...we all know the Rockets would have preffered not to even have made the playoffs. lol...

the West was just fucking AWFUL outside of those top 3 teams.

What the hell does any of that have to do with my post. You said that only 3 Western Conference teams haven't sucked in the playoffs. Only one Eastern Conference team hasn't sucked in the playoffs.

Hence, that's 2 more teams that haven't sucked. Not sure what is so hard to grasp.

Last edited:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the East teams don't beat up on each other? They play each other just as much as the Western teams play each other.

The Hawks had a 19-11 record against the West, which comes up to a record of .633. If that record were to remain constant if they were in the West, they'd be a five seed. Of course, that record probably would not be exactly the same, but seeing as how the overall quality in the West is lower (hence the stats I cited), I think it's more likely the Hawks would have had an even better record in the West than a worse one.
playoff basketball is different. I can't talk to you if you don't think the west is much better. Im talking about playoff teams. Not the bottom feeders. Im a Bulls fan and I even know this.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think the spurs would get dominated, gs will be harder but even last year the cavs had the lead without hc but ran out of gas on a 6 man team

If GS was missing thompson and green i wouldn't expect them to win either

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're out of your mind. The West is better when it comes to title contenders. After the Clippers, The East was clearly better this season 5-15

eh, imo splitting hairs there, punchline. your bottom tier was better, your top tier wasn't...

just sayin'...

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this statement. I might go 1-5 when healthy. and then 6-15.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell does any of that have to do with my post. You said that only Western Conference teams haven't sucked in the playoffs. Only one Eastern Conference team hasn't sucked in the playoffs.

Hence, that's 2 more teams that haven't sucked. Not sure what is so hard to grasp.
hmmm...the Hawks definitely beat any other eastern team tonight...

i get what you are saying for the most part.....i think AT TIMES the Raptors, HAwks and Heat have all played well though...