• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4 Atlanta Hawks (48-34) vs. 1 Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25)

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs play like this in the Finals, they'll win. Thing is, I called it at the beginning of this series. Cavs will sweep this series as Atlanta just can't be taken serious. Only team in the East who has a semblance of a shot at the Cavs is the Heat, no one else. However, getting to the Finals isn't the goal - it's winning the whole damn thing. The difficulty goes up significantly once you go against Golden St. or San Antonio.

It's what we've been saying all along. Cavs won't get any breaks until June, it's what happens when you have the roster you have with Lebron on it and when you talk as much shit as Wiggy has all season. Gordon and shane have been straight and great to interact with. If Wiggy wasn't such a blow hard on this forum, I'd actually wish their team well.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of praise considering the Heat are 3 wins from the ECF without their best player and you act like they are chopped liver.

Bosh is a better player than Wade. Really ???

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be interesting to see what the Hawks do.

They won't be able to land any free agents of note because the team realistically isn't close to being a title contender.

On the other hand, they don't have much trade bait. A lot of old vets that aren't going to improve, while letting the young guns go because they don't want to pay them.

Unless they can pull off a miracle and get Durant or somebody to sign, you have to wonder what they'll do.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be interesting to see what the Hawks do.

They won't be able to land any free agents of note because the team realistically isn't close to being a title contender.

On the other hand, they don't have much trade bait. A lot of old vets that aren't going to improve, while letting the young guns go because they don't want to pay them.

Unless they can pull off a miracle and get Durant or somebody to sign, you have to wonder what they'll do.

They're stuck. They're not a prime destination in terms of Los Angeles, New York, Miami, etc...

They don't have a winning culture of the Spurs that they can attract free agents to.

They also don't have any really young players on the rise like a Towns, Wiggins, Booker, etc.

They're in mediocrity and there's no clear cut way to build into a title contender, unless they land someone like a Durant, which seems highly unlikely.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're stuck. They're not a prime destination in terms of Los Angeles, New York, Miami, etc...

They don't have a winning culture of the Spurs that they can attract free agents to.

They also don't have any really young players on the rise like a Towns, Wiggins, Booker, etc.

They're in mediocrity and there's no clear cut way to build into a title contender, unless they land someone like a Durant, which seems highly unlikely.

Letting Demarre Carroll walk for Milsap will haunt them. If they re-sign Horford then we'll know they're doubling down on stupid.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
history right there...but no O'Brien...:rolleyes2:

Warriors made real history winning 73 games.
If they don't win it all, the seasons a bust.
Even Warriors fans would agree with that.

Then on the other hand, we have Wiggy celebrating the Cavs scrubs intentionally launching 3's every possession, chasing a record, vs actually just playing the game.
He's a Buckeye fan though, so I'm sure he's celebrating when the Buckeyes are ahead of Eastern Michigan 73-0 and they decide to go for 2.

#fun

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs play like this in the Finals, they'll win. Thing is, I called it at the beginning of this series. Cavs will sweep this series as Atlanta just can't be taken serious. Only team in the East who has a semblance of a shot at the Cavs is the Heat, no one else. However, getting to the Finals isn't the goal - it's winning the whole damn thing. The difficulty goes up significantly once you go against Golden St. or San Antonio.

It's what we've been saying all along. Cavs won't get any breaks until June, it's what happens when you have the roster you have with Lebron on it and when you talk as much shit as Wiggy has all season. Gordon and shane have been straight and great to interact with. If Wiggy wasn't such a blow hard on this forum, I'd actually wish their team well.

pretty much agree with ALL of this. this series is basically showing more of the weakness of the Hawks than it is the strength of the Cavs...

but let's see if the Cavs continue to play like this in the next round and the finals if they make it...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on record for never having said no shot.
Of course they have a shot.
Thing is, the more than likely have to win 2 road games.
It would be stupid to say they can't steal 1 being as though James has won a road game in 21 straight series.
2 though is much harder, and thats assuming they only lose once at home.

Let's just say it would be an upset for them to win it all, but I now think they have a better chance to win it all then they do to lose to anyone in the East, which is a change for me.

LOL

this is insane....tune in for some history.

Cavs just sending a mesage to the rest of the East

and to think- people on here thought the Cavs were LESS LIKELY to make it out of the East than challenge for the title. LOL

honestly- it sure looks like they are a steam roller right now. History is being SHATTERED.

Back then I did feel the EC opponent would have a better chance then the Cavs did of beating the WC champ but now my eyes tell me different.
Thats why I unprovoked, made that post a couple days ago.
Its ok to have an opinion and then change it.

You on the other hand just can't grasp that concept, or you would stop it with the Tristan bullshit.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they played every game like that, they would be 88-0, but it doesn't work that way.
If the Heat played like they did vs the Cavs in their 2 home games this year (assuming we beat Toronto) we'd win the series vs the Cavs. It also doesn't work that way.

The Cavs will be wishing they saved that one for the Finals vs wasting it on the Hawks.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The healthy version of Chris Bosh, yes.

Yeah at this stage of their career, I would agree. Love Wade but Bosh right now is the better overall player. I still do trust Wade in the big moments though much more than Bosh

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just loved reading through this thread and seeing everything downplayed by everyone.

Literally any other team and that game would have been treated very differently on here. Which is fine. I'm actually enjoying it.

Shout out to @Mecca and @trojanfan12 for not being afraid to give props when they're due.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just loved reading through this thread and seeing everything downplayed by everyone.

Literally any other team and that game would have been treated very differently on here. Which is fine. I'm actually enjoying it.

Shout out to @Mecca and @trojanfan12 for not being afraid to give props when they're due.

Downplaying it how?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Downplaying it how?

Just the eagerness to...

- attribute the cavs success to the Hawks defense
- point out how much harder things will get as the playoffs progress
- point out how little the 3PT record means
- etc, etc

All things worthy of discussion... but when everyone is stepping over each other to point them out, all while being unwilling to give any credence to how well the Cavs are playing... its funny.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just the eagerness to...

- attribute the cavs success to the Hawks defense
- point out how much harder things will get as the playoffs progress
- point out how little the 3PT record means
- etc, etc

All things worthy of discussion... but when everyone is stepping over each other to point them out, all while being unwilling to give any credence to how well the Cavs are playing... its funny.

1) I will admit I stopped watching once the game out of hand early in the 2nd but all I said is if your defensive strategy is to give Kyrie, Love, and Smith open looks from 3 then the Cavs will likely win the title. You have to know which shooters to leave open and which shooters to stay on.

2) The 3 point record doesn't mean anything in the long run. Is this something NBA fans outside of Cleveland fans would remember or care about in 2 years?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) I will admit I stopped watching once the game out of hand early in the 2nd but all I said is if your defensive strategy is to give Kyrie, Love, and Smith open looks from 3 then the Cavs will likely win the title. You have to know which shooters to leave open and which shooters to stay on.

2) The 3 point record doesn't mean anything in the long run. Is this something NBA fans outside of Cleveland fans would remember or care about in 2 years?

I don't think I saw downplaying from you. I doubt it because you are one of the best at not letting who you root for impact how you see things.

I just read like 7 pages quickly and don't remember who said what. It was just the overall theme of the thread. Wiggy going a little overboard with his excitement, as usual (although in his defense if there was a game worthy of it, this was it)... and everyone else pointing out every reason they could think of that the Cavs shouldn't be excited.