• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4 Atlanta Hawks (48-34) vs. 1 Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25)

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take the Rockets and or Blazers over either the Hawks or Pistons in a 7 game series.

Who would you take?

I mean its close. I think Pistons are a much better team than the Rockets and the Hawks are a slightly better team than the Blazers.

What gives me pause is the star power difference (Harden & Damian), which can sometimes be more of a factor in a playoff series.

Still, its only one star player that needs to be focused on... so I think I'd stick with the Eastern teams... but I would understand someone going the other way.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I saw downplaying from you. I doubt it because you are one of the best at not letting who you root for impact how you see things.

I just read like 7 pages quickly and don't remember who said what. It was just the overall theme of the thread. Wiggy going a little overboard with his excitement, as usual (although in his defense if there was a game worthy of it, this was it)... and everyone else pointing out every reason they could think of that the Cavs shouldn't be excited.

It was definitely fun to watch, no doubt, but I was looking at other little things. They were just making shots but they were moving the ball really well. Obviously Atlanta gave up at the end of the 2nd but they are also doing the little things where I see improvement and also not turning the ball over much which is going to be a huge key in the later rounds. Honestly, I still think they can improve especially making some of the easier shots but was still a great game to watch. Still a long way to go though.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering how Houston played this year, I would take Detroit over Houston and I think Portland and Atlanta is a toss up

Fair enough.
It depends which version of the Rockets you get though. Pistons are certainly nothing special, but it would be fun to watch the double Hack-a-Shaq :L
As far as the Hawks/Blazers... Ill still take Portland. Forget about last night, the playoffs and Hawks just don't seem to be a good mix.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only guys on Cleveland I would be ok with shooting open 3's are Delly, Shump, and Lebron.

If Frye, Love, Kyrie, and JR are constanly getting open looks then the defensive strategy needs to be changed or the players are not doing their job

I would have to throw Kyrie in there but I would like to see him keep attacking the paint bc he is so good around the basket. I also want to see Love posting up and we actually did last game, he only made the 3's, so he really needs to start getting his groove back on the offense end.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean its close. I think Pistons are a much better team than the Rockets and the Hawks are a slightly better team than the Blazers.

What gives me pause is the star power difference (Harden & Damian), which can sometimes be more of a factor in a playoff series.

Still, its only one star player that needs to be focused on... so I think I'd stick with the Eastern teams... but I would understand someone going the other way.

Honestly, whoever had HC in the series would prob be favored.

There is a distinct difference from the few top tier teams down to the middle tier.
The only top tier team in the East is the Cavs.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just loved reading through this thread and seeing everything downplayed by everyone.

Literally any other team and that game would have been treated very differently on here. Which is fine. I'm actually enjoying it.

Shout out to @Mecca and @trojanfan12 for not being afraid to give props when they're due.

Don't have to like a team to appreciate an amazing performance and that was an amazing performance. I'd have appreciated it a whole lot more if it were the Lakers, but I guess I can't have everything. :lol:

It looked to me like Atlanta's defensive strategy was to shut off the lane and make the Cavs beat them from the 3 point line. To their credit, the Cavs did exactly that...in record breaking fashion.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pistons 44 wins, Rockets 41 wins
Hawks 48 wins, Blazers 44 wins

Dubs doing this w/out Curry. Still want to see what Cleveland looks like without Lebron in the playoffs. Also, I did give props to the Cavs. I said if they played like this in the Finals and make that many 3's, they'll win. Sorry I don't feel like sucking the Cavs proverbial dick everytime they play well.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't have to like a team to appreciate an amazing performance and that was an amazing performance. I'd have appreciated it a whole lot more if it were the Lakers, but I guess I can't have everything. :lol:

It looked to me like Atlanta's defensive strategy was to shut off the lane and make the Cavs beat them from the 3 point line. To their credit, the Cavs did exactly that...in record breaking fashion.

Yeah the Hawks had the opposite strategy of the Pistons.

The Pistons basically said "LeBron, Kyrie, & Love... you're gonna have to beat us inside... cause we're staying home on all the shooters".

Hawks basically said "We're gonna clog the paint and see if you can shoot your way to a win".

I think there's a good chance the Hawks switch to the Pistons strategy for game 3.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubs doing this w/out Curry. Still want to see what Cleveland looks like. Also, I did give props to the Cavs. I said if they played like this in the Finals and make that many 3's, they'll win. Sorry I don't feel like sucking the Cavs proverbial dick everytime they play well.

Definitely. There is a difference because the Warriors are without their best player. I was just pointing out the quality of the opponents are equal at best... and probably favor the Warriors. (For now... this obviously changes in the conf Finals).

That's right... you did have some high praise. :yo: I will allow the refusal to proverbially fellate for now.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubs doing this w/out Curry. Still want to see what Cleveland looks like without Lebron in the playoffs. Also, I did give props to the Cavs. I said if they played like this in the Finals and make that many 3's, they'll win. Sorry I don't feel like sucking the Cavs proverbial dick everytime they play well.

We all can't act like Wiggy

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We have already established that the Cavs w/o Lebron is a whole lot worse than GS w/o Curry though.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Hawks had the opposite strategy of the Pistons.

The Pistons basically said "LeBron, Kyrie, & Love... you're gonna have to beat us inside... cause we're staying home on all the shooters".

Hawks basically said "We're gonna clog the paint and see if you can shoot your way to a win".

I think there's a good chance the Hawks switch to the Pistons strategy for game 3.

I think they should stick with clogging the lane, but they need to get to the 3 point line quicker rather than just let them have them like they did early in the game. What the Cavs did was an anomaly and the Hawks need to make sure they don't overreact.

Once the Cavs got hot, it didn't matter what the Hawks were doing anymore. When I saw JR hit about a 30 footer with Horford right in his face I thought, this just isn't the Hawks night.

The thing with the 3's is that it's a cool record, but the Cavs are at their best when Lebron and Kyrie are driving the lane and either taking it to the basket or kicking it out.

The Cavs don't have any Curry or Thompson level shooters, but they have several streaky shooters who can get hot at the same time like they did last night. But they aren't winning any titles from the 3 point line.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they should stick with clogging the lane, but they need to get to the 3 point line quicker rather than just let them have them like they did early in the game. What the Cavs did was an anomaly and the Hawks need to make sure they don't overreact.

Once the Cavs got hot, it didn't matter what the Hawks were doing anymore. When I saw JR hit about a 30 footer with Horford right in his face I thought, this just isn't the Hawks night.

The thing with the 3's is that it's a cool record, but the Cavs are at their best when Lebron and Kyrie are driving the lane and either taking it to the basket or kicking it out.

The Cavs don't have any Curry or Thompson level shooters, but they have several streaky shooters who can get hot at the same time like they did last night. But they aren't winning any titles from the 3 point line.

Thing is, that will be their approach in the Finals.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most 3 Pointers Through First 6 Games of Playoffs
  • 97 - 2016 Cavs
  • 70 - 2013 Rockets
  • 69 - 2016 Warriors
  • 68 - 2014 Hawks
  • 67 - 2015 HAwks
  • 67 - 2015 Bulls
  • 66 - 1997 Rockets

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was not a "hot shooting night"--- that was the best shooting night in the history of professional NBA basketball.

The first half was amazing.
After that it was just a force fed attempt to break a record.
I'm pretty sure that if the Warriors sole purpose in a game was to make more then that, then they could.