• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4 Atlanta Hawks (48-34) vs. 1 Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25)

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta sports talk radio is going to be BRUTAL tomorrow morning......I'm going to call in and have a FIELD DAY.

Been telling these rubes for 3 years now this was the ONLY possible outcome. You can't build a team without a star player in the NBA. You can't win playing "team ball" when you don't have a go to player. You can't reproduce what the Spurs have built without HOF level talent.

And you can't overpay good players, that will never be GREAT players, which is what they're doing now.

There is no upside to this roster, none. It's purgatory.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are playing the best ball in the playoffs right now - Reggie Miller.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs are playing the best ball in the playoffs right now - Reggie Miller.

Like I said, this was their first blowout.
The other 5 games were competitive at some point in the 4 th qtr.
They shot unreal tonight, no more, no less.

Best ball, since playoffs started.. I'll still go with GS.
They are beating quality teams without their best player.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team in NBA History- EVER- has made more 3 pointers in a game- not the Golden State Warriors or anyone else going back decades.

10 different Cavs hit 3's.

WOW. History right there.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilbert can hang a banner for most 3s in a game :clap:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team in NBA History- EVER- has made more 3 pointers in a game- not the Golden State Warriors or anyone else going back decades.

History to the lowest degree of importance.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh its just a footnote type thing but its pretty crazy to think no one alive has ever seen an NBA team hit more three's than the Cavs tonight. Kinda nuts.

I guess.
The first half was an impressive display.
After that, it just became a joke, as is being discussed now.

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta sports talk radio is going to be BRUTAL tomorrow morning......I'm going to call in and have a FIELD DAY.

Been telling these rubes for 3 years now this was the ONLY possible outcome. You can't build a team without a star player in the NBA. You can't win playing "team ball" when you don't have a go to player. You can't reproduce what the Spurs have built without HOF level talent.

And you can't overpay good players, that will never be GREAT players, which is what they're doing now.

There is no upside to this roster, none. It's purgatory.
No one from Atlanta radio predicted the Hawks to win 2 games much less the series. They're not idiots. I won't fault the owner for trying to put the best team out there that he can. If you're all about blowing up roster, then try watching the braves play right now. It's awful! No one great wants to come to atlanta so ownership builds what they can and hopes for the best. Atleast they got a good guy in coach bud, but he will eventually leave

Krispy Treat

3-6 Latvia
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Hardaway Jr... Different uniform, same garbage.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one from Atlanta radio predicted the Hawks to win 2 games much less the series. They're not idiots. I won't fault the owner for trying to put the best team out there that he can. If you're all about blowing up roster, then try watching the braves play right now. It's awful! No one great wants to come to atlanta so ownership builds what they can and hopes for the best. Atleast they got a good guy in coach bud, but he will eventually leave

LOL I never said they did.......I said specifically there are rubes in their fanbase that thought they had a chance to win, and have for the last 3 years and counting.

It's like nobody understands the basics of basketball. I've never seen anyone that thought you could win games by having all your players, including the center, shooting 3s......and have no rebounding - and think this is a successful strategy until I came here.

I mean the complete lack of common sense here is downright appalling.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly

the Hawks made the ECF finals last year and won a playoff series this y ear. Thats better than a VAST majority of the teams in the NBA- they won 60 games--- newsflash - ONE team out of 30 wins the title- and if you dont have a top 5 player- you have very little chance...what are they supposed to give up because they dont have LeBron or Curry or Durant or RW or CP3 or Davis or whoever? There are only so many of those guys.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly

the Hawks made the ECF finals last year and won a playoff series this y ear. Thats better than a VAST majority of the teams in the NBA- they won 60 games--- newsflash - ONE team out of 30 wins the title- and if you dont have a top 5 player- you have very little chance...what are they supposed to give up because they dont have LeBron or Curry or Durant or RW or CP3 or Davis or whoever? There are only so many of those guys.

Lots of praise considering the Heat are 3 wins from the ECF without their best player and you act like they are chopped liver.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?

They won 60 games in a WEAK eastern conference. They really didn't face any competition until they ran into Lebron without Love and Irving, and they let Dellevedova push their shit in.

Please. They haven't done ANYTHING worthy of praise or accomplish anything of merit. Had they won 60 games in the West, I'd agree with you.

This team CANNOT win as currently constructed. Either you get that or you don't. If they continue to resign and overpay their current players, they will only get worse, not better.

SOMETIMES you have to realize what you have, and make changes. I think we're past that point.....the only question is whether Hawks management has decided that ultimately trying to win is more important than being average and selling tickets. My guess is they'd rather sell tickets, be competitive in the east, and be average.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, you're a fucking pussy.

You're the one on here acting like the Cavs are Gods gift to the NBA.

I said the Heat could lose in round 1.

You want a Heat/Cavs bet, I want the real odds that go with it, because that's realistically what there chances probably would be.

LOL at Wiggy trying to get you to agree to a hedge bet.