• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4 Atlanta Hawks (48-34) vs. 1 Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet they would.

Whiteside is likely not leaving Miami and I would rather pay Horford than Howard.

I don't think trades will be difficult this off-season.

You can literally trade a guy to 25 Teams, without having to take any money back.

Once Teams with 40 mil and up whiff on Durant, Whiteside, Howard, Horford, Bron and Parsons....

They will start absorbing guys with decent contracts as long as you send them a pick or another asset.
yah you will have no problem moving guys like splitter on deals under the old cap...although thei njury stuff surely doesnt help him..

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

this is insane....tune in for some history.

Cavs just sending a mesage to the rest of the East

and to think- people on here thought the Cavs were LESS LIKELY to make it out of the East than challenge for the title. LOL

honestly- it sure looks like they are a steam roller right now. History is being SHATTERED.

And once again....everyone here agrees that the Cavs will come out of the East. Go talk to the teams in the West. That's who you're going to have to beat for a title.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many games you think the Cavs lose in the East? Not in THIS series...in the ENTIRE eastern conference playoffs

they lost 2 last year....more or less than last year?

Way to try and deflect. But it's not gonna work.

What does how many games they lost in the East last year vs. this year have to do with beating the Warriors or Spurs? What does game 2 in the 2nd round have to do with the Eastern Conference Finals or the Championship series?

What you don't grasp is that it doesn't matter if the Cavs go unbeaten in the East. They still are very likely going to have to beat the Warriors or Spurs without HCA. That is a completely different animal than the Hawks.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea i know how cancer that player is because he's very INCONSISTENT. I'm just saying if his inconsistency doesn't happen in the finals, then they are winning it.
yah last year he was really really good- either the Cavs 2nd or 3rd best player inthe Eastern Conference Finals...and then just totally lost it in the Finals

Jr Smith is NOT a guy you want as your 2nd , and PROBABLY not even your 3rd option...but as the Cavs 4th offensive option he is a GREAT fit and with the leadership abilities of LeBron and Griffins ability to put together a team- Jr SMith is a GREAT fit.

4 guys in the NBA shot 40% from 3 or higher and made 200 or more 3's---- Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, JJ REdick, and Jr SMith.

he is one of the very elite marksman in the entire game and as the floor spreader and background offensive weapon on the Cavs he is VERY VALUABLE

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah you will have no problem moving guys like splitter on deals under the old cap...although thei njury stuff surely doesnt help him..

Yup.....But, he only has 1 year left on a deal paying him 8 mil.

Compare that to what a guy like Robin Lopez is making....yikes!

If you need a big, Splitter with 1 yr is a much better buy than Hibbert or Nene.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
18 three's in one half. OBLITERATES the NBA record. Unreal. Just keep tuning in for history guys. Got another month and a half left....

and only the better part of a decade left after that.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just Ugly. NBA front office must hate these playoffs. Just been really bad.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah last year he was really really good- either the Cavs 2nd or 3rd best player inthe Eastern Conference Finals...and then just totally lost it in the Finals

Jr Smith is NOT a guy you want as your 2nd , and PROBABLY not even your 3rd option...but as the Cavs 4th offensive option he is a GREAT fit and with the leadership abilities of LeBron and Griffins ability to put together a team- Jr SMith is a GREAT fit.

4 guys in the NBA shot 40% from 3 or higher and made 200 or more 3's---- Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, JJ REdick, and Jr SMith.

he is one of the very elite marksman in the entire game and as the floor spreader and background offensive weapon on the Cavs he is VERY VALUABLE

How much do you think he will get next year?

Hiring Rich Paul was a savvy business decision.

I think they have to give him Shumpert money.

But, Shump's 8 mil, will be the equivalent of 11-12 mil in this cap climate.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
18 three's in one half. OBLITERATES the NBA record. Unreal. Just keep tuning in for history guys. Got another month and a half left....

and only the better part of a decade left after that.

Gotta admit, that's some amazing shooting. Hell, that would be a good number shooting uncontested in practice. :lol:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much do you think he will get next year?

Hiring Rich Paul was a savvy business decision.

I think they have to give him Shumpert money.

But, Shump's 8 mil, will be the equivalent of 11-12 mil in this cap climate.
I dont know....its hard to tell....half of my sees the fun that he is having and doesnt think he could leave unless some team gives him an offer he cant refuse...Smith is proving himself very useful though- and I think last summer the Cavs budgeted room to bring back Mozgov- but now I think that money will be devoted between Delly and Smith.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats been the HAwks biggest problem in my eyes- mental weakness- from this year to last year too...
We will be swept and lose every game by 15 or more if our game plan is to give really good 3 point shooters like JR, Kyrie, and Love open looks all game long. It's a pretty dumb strategy for a team who got their share of good shooters. They would win the title pretty easily if teams go with the game plan of Detroit and Atlanta and give all their good shooters open looks.

Strategy switches game to game.
And the Heat know James better than anyone.
Maybe we'd try to make him score 40+ to beat us, maybe we'd focus on forcing a couple others to try to make shots.
Regardless if any team shoots like that, you lose.
Most teams miss more then that in warmups.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too funny.

It is now. At the time though...HO LEE SHIT!! He should thank God each and every day that social media hadn't been invented yet.

I think he was a Laker for about 10 more minutes after that one. He was pretty popular with Lakers fans before that too. He was never really the same player after that either. I think he had a decent season or 2 with Denver and then kind of bounced around the league until he retired.

Last edited:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

this is insane....tune in for some history.

Cavs just sending a mesage to the rest of the East

and to think- people on here thought the Cavs were LESS LIKELY to make it out of the East than challenge for the title. LOL

honestly- it sure looks like they are a steam roller right now. History is being SHATTERED.

It's not unnoticed that you said East vs saying league.

#hope

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know....its hard to tell....half of my sees the fun that he is having and doesnt think he could leave unless some team gives him an offer he cant refuse...Smith is proving himself very useful though- and I think last summer the Cavs budgeted room to bring back Mozgov- but now I think that money will be devoted between Delly and Smith.

Could be that he landed in the ideal spot for him and he might be better served to just stay in Cleveland, even if he has to take less money.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey.
I hope they get them all out of their system, plus got overconfident and another week off.

I know its early, but if I'm Lue, there's going to be 18 minutes of garbage time.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be that he landed in the ideal spot for him and he might be better served to just stay in Cleveland, even if he has to take less money.

I doubt it if they don't win.