• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4 Atlanta Hawks (48-34) vs. 1 Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In hindsight it's the right move, given that Bosh is having re-occurring blood clots. Still though, who knows what would've happened had he stayed in Miami. But I'm glad you're not too much of a homer to recognize that he didn't come back solely to play for Gilbert and win one for "The Land".

Well they would STILL have Whiteside most likely. They wouldn't have Dragic or Deng, maybe just Deng if I am correct? They wouldn't have gotten Winslow at #10, they would have a different player. So the team wouldn't be that much different when Lebron left, except of course most of the role players who went to other teams.

Not sure who they would have a PG right now, Lebron could play PF but who would be their small forward. So I think Lebron is in a much better position now then he still would have been at this point with Miami. Either way they would be contending regardless, but Cleveland gives he the best opportunity.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, well that's how it always is people change their stories. First it was. Cavs aren't playing well. Then they can't get to the Finals. Now it is, Cavs play weak competition and will lose in the Finals. While they haven't played their best in one game, they have been improving and that is with Love not playing his best and Lebron IMO not giving it his all. He knows he needs to save his best for the ECF and possibly the Finals. I just hope they can get it done and if they don't have a shot with a healthy team. :suds:

Gotta love Cavs fans...making shit up. People said they weren't playing well, because they weren't. They fired Blatt for a reason and it wasn't because they were tearing up the league.

No one said they can't make the finals. In fact, virtually everyone has said they will make the finals since before the season started.

People are saying the competition in the East is weak...because it is. If you were the Warriors or Spurs, who would you rather have to go through to get to the finals, the Pistons, Hawks, Raptors/Heat or the Thunder, Spurs and Warriors?

People are saying the Cavs won't win the finals because both the Warriors and Spurs are better than the Cavs, either one will be favored and have HCA in the finals. However, most do give them a punchers chance in the finals because they have Lebron.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think people forget how good the Warriors were last season. 67 wins. Dominant from start to finish. They weren't treated the same as this year because they didn't have a championship in their built and weren't chasing the Bulls record. But they were incredibly good.

I think you're undervaluing the Warriors improvement. Last year, they played under the radar. Everyone thought they'd be good, but no one thought they'd be 67 wins and champions kind of good. Then this year, with a target on their back all season long, they won 6 more games than they did last year and were more dominant than last year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they would STILL have Whiteside most likely. They wouldn't have Dragic or Deng, maybe just Deng if I am correct? They wouldn't have gotten Winslow at #10, they would have a different player. So the team wouldn't be that much different when Lebron left, except of course most of the role players who went to other teams.

Not sure who they would have a PG right now, Lebron could play PF but who would be their small forward. So I think Lebron is in a much better position now then he still would have been at this point with Miami. Either way they would be contending regardless, but Cleveland gives he the best opportunity.
dont you remember...Rileys plan was bringing in Mcroberts, Granger and Napier...LOL...no wonder LeBron peaced out.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love Cavs fans...making shit up. People said they weren't playing well, because they weren't. They fired Blatt for a reason and it wasn't because they were tearing up the league.

No one said they can't make the finals. In fact, virtually everyone has said they will make the finals since before the season started.

People are saying the competition in the East is weak...because it is. If you were the Warriors or Spurs, who would you rather have to go through to get to the finals, the Pistons, Hawks, Raptors/Heat or the Thunder, Spurs and Warriors?

People are saying the Cavs won't win the finals because both the Warriors and Spurs are better than the Cavs, either one will be favored and have HCA in the finals. However, most do give them a punchers chance in the finals because they have Lebron.

No, they weren't playing not well or whatever, they just weren't playing to the level of the Spurs and Warriors. Which people don't understand, was at an all-time great level at least for regular season records. They fired Blatt bc they didn't think he was the right fit and couldn't get that over the hump.
Just to let you know in the first 2 rounds the Cavs have had a tougher road than the Warriors. The Pistons are a much better team than Houston, lets be honest. The Hawks are a little better than the Trailblazers mainly bc of the experience factor and they have a better overall team. So the East might be weaker than West at the top of the conference but overall 1-8...nah not gonna buy it.
I would love for the Cavs to get dismissed, more motivation. Doesn't really matter the Warriors always have motivation.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they weren't playing not well or whatever, they just weren't playing to the level of the Spurs and Warriors. Which people don't understand, was at an all-time great level at least for regular season records. They fired Blatt bc they didn't think he was the right fit and couldn't get that over the hump.
Just to let you know in the first 2 rounds the Cavs have had a tougher road than the Warriors. The Pistons are a much better team than Houston, lets be honest. The Hawks are a little better than the Trailblazers mainly bc of the experience factor and they have a better overall team. So the East might be weaker than West at the top of the conference but overall 1-8...nah not gonna buy it.
I would love for the Cavs to get dismissed, more motivation. Doesn't really matter the Warriors always have motivation.

Cavs were one of the teams dismissing the Warriors title last offseason. Needless to say, I'm sure the Warriors are motivated for a possible rematch as well.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Cavs are going to win a title, they are going to have to beat the Warriors or Spurs. At no time during the season or playoffs, have they shown that they can play well enough to do that. They didn't show it under Blatt and they haven't shown it under Lue. The Warriors haven't necessarily had an easier path so far because, while the Pistons/Hawks may be a little better than the Rockets/Blazers, the Warriors have been without Curry for the past 3 games. Also, it's the Warriors will have to go through the Thunder or Spurs to get to the finals and both are considerably better than the Heat/Raptors.

If the Cavs have to use being dismissed as motivation in the finals...they've already lost.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well they will have a much harder opponent in the WCF's but overall the Warriors have played 2 bad defensive teams.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs were one of the teams dismissing the Warriors title last offseason. Needless to say, I'm sure the Warriors are motivated for a possible rematch as well.

Hmm...well I think everyone thought the Spurs were the team to beat and still think they were. They played a hot team and it was a bad matchup unlike the Warriors who got a lot of breaks last postseason. That's the way the cookie crumbles.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Cavs are going to win a title, they are going to have to beat the Warriors or Spurs. At no time during the season or playoffs, have they shown that they can play well enough to do that. They didn't show it under Blatt and they haven't shown it under Lue. The Warriors haven't necessarily had an easier path so far because, while the Pistons/Hawks may be a little better than the Rockets/Blazers, the Warriors have been without Curry for the past 3 games. Also, it's the Warriors will have to go through the Thunder or Spurs to get to the finals and both are considerably better than the Heat/Raptors.

If the Cavs have to use being dismissed as motivation in the finals...they've already lost.

True, no Curry makes it more difficult but as we have seen it isn't a huge loss bc of the system and bc Klay can takeover a game just as much as Curry can IMO. But by those terms the Cavs had a tougher road last year bc they didn't have Kyrie and Love and had other little injuries here and there. So I really don't buy considering they can play just as good without him.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont you remember...Rileys plan was bringing in Mcroberts, Granger and Napier...LOL...no wonder LeBron peaced out.

Plan or what salary cap spaced would allow him to add?

Don't be a douche.
This isn't MLB.
I know you're used to the Cavs having plenty of cap space because without James, Gilbert never spent, but you'll get salary cap space 101 this summer when most teams can add and you can't.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, no Curry makes it more difficult but as we have seen it isn't a huge loss bc of the system and bc Klay can takeover a game just as much as Curry can IMO. But by those terms the Cavs had a tougher road last year bc they didn't have Kyrie and Love and had other little injuries here and there. So I really don't buy considering they can play just as good without him.

Did you seriously just say that they play just as good without their best player...the league MVP? :L

I don't think anyone has said that the Cavs didn't have it tougher last year without Love for most of the playoffs and Kyrie for a couple of games and most of the finals. Everyone has also said that what the Cavs did last year minus 2 of their best players was pretty amazing.

Some of you Cavs fans are confusing legitimate basketball reasons for why the Cavs are unlikely to win the title for hate. I don't like the Cavs, but if I thought they had more than a punchers chance in the finals or should be favored, I'd say so. I might throw up a little in my mouth when I did, but I'd say so.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now THIS post cracks me up.

All I keep saying is the Heats salary cap issues will hamstring them this summer....and all you say--- RILEY IS A FUCKING GENIOUS IT WILL BE FINE

well IT SURE WASNT THAT SUMMER YOU GAVE LEBRON GRANGER, MCBOB AND NAPIER AFTER LOSING TO THE SPURS--and ACKNOWLEDGE the reality of the salary cap. HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

Totally different.
Unless we traded Bosh, there was no way to create any wiggle room.
Now, we have moveable assets.
Nobody here, but you, has made a case for bringing back everyone, plus adding.
It's not possible.
It's all about improving, but until July comes and we see whose available there is no logical way to determine who might need to go.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm...well I think everyone thought the Spurs were the team to beat and still think they were. They played a hot team and it was a bad matchup unlike the Warriors who got a lot of breaks last postseason. That's the way the cookie crumbles.
to me its VERY VERY SIMPLE

The Cavs got to game 6 with guys like James Jones, Mozgov, Marion, Miller,etc,

In Game 6 of the NBA Finals last year- Mozgov played 33 minutes, James Jones played TWENTY SEVEN FUCKING MINUTES, Shumpert played 36, Jr 34, Lebron FOURTY SEVEN!!!, only 7 guys played

in Game 5 Mike Miller played 14 minutes, James Jones 18, Jr Smith 36--thats the ENTIRE bench....Mathew Dellavadova played FOURTY TWO MINUTES! Shumpert 37...

In Game 4? Kenrdick Perkins, Joe Harris, Mike Miller , James Jones, Jr Smith played off the Cavs bench-- the first 3 very limited minutes....THE CAVS WERE STARTING MOZGOV, DELLY, SHUMPERT...

Is anyone fucking surprised the Warriors won when the Cavs have a STARTING LINEUP with Mozgov, Delly and Shumpert- with TWO guys playing over 4 minutes off the bench? ONE BEING JAMES JONES!! LOL

Cavs lost those 3 games--- Games 4, 5 , 6--- of course because GSW was a worthy champion and great team--- but also because the guys that ARE SUPPOSED to be the bench role players like Delly and Shumpert were playing TONS of minutes- while end of the bench scrubs were forced into action

This year? Instead of Delly and Shumpert being KEY PIECES-- and Delly playing dead on his feet and Shumpert not being able to lift his shoulder over his head--- those 2 guys will be HEALTHY AND RESTED and playing their ACTUAL ROLES

that while Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love soak up some of their minutes and ALL the minutes that went to the James Jonses and Mike Millers and Mozgovs, etc....

CANT WAIT!!!!!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to me its VERY VERY SIMPLE

The Cavs got to game 6 with guys like James Jones, Mozgov, Marion, Miller,etc,

In Game 6 of the NBA Finals last year- Mozgov played 33 minutes, James Jones played TWENTY SEVEN FUCKING MINUTES, Shumpert played 36, Jr 34, Lebron FOURTY SEVEN!!!, only 7 guys played

in Game 5 Mike Miller played 14 minutes, James Jones 18, Jr Smith 36--thats the ENTIRE bench....Mathew Dellavadova played FOURTY TWO MINUTES! Shumpert 37...

In Game 4? Kenrdick Perkins, Joe Harris, Mike Miller , James Jones, Jr Smith played off the Cavs bench-- the first 3 very limited minutes....THE CAVS WERE STARTING MOZGOV, DELLY, SHUMPERT...

Is anyone fucking surprised the Warriors won when the Cavs have a STARTING LINEUP with Mozgov, Delly and Shumpert- with TWO guys playing over 4 minutes off the bench? ONE BEING JAMES JONES!! LOL

Cavs lost those 3 games--- Games 4, 5 , 6--- of course because GSW was a worthy champion and great team--- but also because the guys that ARE SUPPOSED to be the bench role players like Delly and Shumpert were playing TONS of minutes- while end of the bench scrubs were forced into action

This year? Instead of Delly and Shumpert being KEY PIECES-- and Delly playing dead on his feet and Shumpert not being able to lift his shoulder over his head--- those 2 guys will be HEALTHY AND RESTED and playing their ACTUAL ROLES

that while Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love soak up some of their minutes and ALL the minutes that went to the James Jonses and Mike Millers and Mozgovs, etc....

CANT WAIT!!!!!

Cavs defense was much better with those guys. Can't see them holding GSW to below 95 points with Kyrie & Love out there for nearly 40 minutes

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you seriously just say that they play just as good without their best player...the league MVP? :L

I don't think anyone has said that the Cavs didn't have it tougher last year without Love for most of the playoffs and Kyrie for a couple of games and most of the finals. Everyone has also said that what the Cavs did last year minus 2 of their best players was pretty amazing.

Some of you Cavs fans are confusing legitimate basketball reasons for why the Cavs are unlikely to win the title for hate. I don't like the Cavs, but if I thought they had more than a punchers chance in the finals or should be favored, I'd say so. I might throw up a little in my mouth when I did, but I'd say so.

It kinda goes along the same lines as people saying the Cavs were just as good last year bc they had a better defense, but anyways the system lets them still play at a high level without their best player. I'm not saying they are better but subbing Livingston in to play PG actually helps them defensively IMO. Obviously, like the Cavs last year it hurts them offensively but not as much as you think. They averaged 114 ppg in the regular season, 111 ppg in the postseason. Obviously it is a way smaller sample size but if you watch them play they haven't missed a beat.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're undervaluing the Warriors improvement. Last year, they played under the radar. Everyone thought they'd be good, but no one thought they'd be 67 wins and champions kind of good. Then this year, with a target on their back all season long, they won 6 more games than they did last year and were more dominant than last year.

Yeah, you I saw you make that point in another post, and it is a good point. They've played in plenty of close games but almost every single time they find a way to come out on top.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs defense was much better with those guys. Can't see them holding GSW to below 95 points with Kyrie & Love out there for nearly 40 minutes

Much better with James Jones, Mike Miller, an old Perkins. Yes they had limited minutes but those guys playing few minutes is a liability. Yes, some guys did play better defense but the offense was much worse, like a lot worse.

They still have Shump, Mozgov and Delly off the bench and Tristan still starts. Kyrie has actually been pretty good defensively so far.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see this is where you are just TOTALLY missing the boat

No- the defense ISNT better without those guys---

Irving and Love are NOT soaking up the minutes of Tristan and Delly...maybe a LITTLE bit-- but they are MOSTLY sucking up those guys EXCESS minutes and the minutes of the back end bench scrubs

I mean- have u WATCHED the Cavs yet? Delly and Tristan are still playing- and playing significant minutes- they just arent playing 40+ minutes night after night and having Delly be HOSPITALIZED because he passes out on the way to his car

Irving and Love are sucking up Mozgov's minutes, and James Jone's minutes, and taking Shumpert down from 35 minutes a game to 25, and Delly from 40 minutes a game to 25-30-which ACTUALLY makes delly MORE effective- and making sure scrubs like Miller, Marion, Perkins get NO minutes....

this is what all of the people that make that argument either refuse to acknowledge- or they just arent smart enough to comrephend.