• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4 Atlanta Hawks (48-34) vs. 1 Cleveland Cavaliers (57-25)

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if and when LeBron makes like 4-5 straight Finals with the Cavs we will get 1 or 2 ...dont worry ! be happy The runner up GOAT aint going out with 2 rings...

Why? Are you expecting that the NBA will take away 1 or both of the titles he won in Miami?

And :lol: @runner up GOAT. Seems like Runner up is the story of Lebron's career.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amin Elhassan, ESPN Insider: Which Whiteside shows up? When he's active and engaged, he's an intimidating presence in the paint and an elite finisher offensively. When he's disinterested or overly concerned with his own personal well-being, the layup lines commence undeterred and the offense bogs down. He's got an advantage over his counterparts Valanciunas and Biyombo, but only if he's out there playing the right way.

even most heat fans can admit that Whiteside has holes in his game and is a big defensive liability in the pick and roll and is nothing close to a sure thing to invest a max contract in. I fully agree that Whiteside is extremely talented--- but as for effect on the game? Thompson is just better - effects the game in more ways more consistently- never hurt- never whining....its not rocket science guys.

Maybe Hammer should make an exception and allow Wiggy to have a second account so he can finally get 'someone' to agree with him.
If I'm allowed to speak for the rest of us, I'll once again say take that bullshit somewhere else.

And funnier yet, I heard douche bag Windhorst on the way home today, and all you are doing is spewing the same shit he was saying.

#nooriginalthoughts
#thompsonwithoutjamesisaboywithnoname ( figure it out for yourself).

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Are you expecting that the NBA will take away 1 or both of the titles he won in Miami?

And :lol: @runner up GOAT. Seems like Runner up is the story of Lebron's career.

He's just 6 weeks away from 2-5 in Finals, including 0 for 9 chances in a Cavs uniform.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the problem is that many assume that Kyrie + Love automatically improve the Cavs more than the Warriors improved from last season to this season. I simply don't believe that to be true. The Warriors are a lot better when healthy.

Exactly. The Warriors won 67 games last year, won the championship and still managed to improve by 6 games. Steph Curry won the MVP award last year and there analysts saying he's so much better than last year that he should get MVP and Most Improved Player this year.

It's ridiculous how much better the Warriors are this year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. The Warriors won 67 games last year, won the championship and still managed to improve by 6 games. Steph Curry won the MVP award last year and there analysts saying he's so much better than last year that he should get MVP and Most Improved Player this year.

If I had an MVP vote it would be for Tristan Thompson.:nod:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Hammer should make an exception and allow Wiggy to have a second account so he can finally get 'someone' to agree with him.

He probably does!

With the BS he comes up with, how does he have over 500 'likes'?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draymond and Klay are both better than they were a year ago too. In essence your three best players from a championship, all improved significantly. That's insane to think about but in this case it's true.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had an MVP vote it would be for Tristan Thompson.:nod:

Didn't you hear? The new MVP voting takes into account heart and effort. It's going to be announced later on this week that Thompson is the MVP.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't you hear? The new MVP voting takes into account heart and effort. It's going to be announced later on this week that Thompson is the MVP.

Wiggy is my SportsHoopla MVP.:D

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond and Klay are both better than they were a year ago too. In essence your three best players from a championship, all improved significantly. That's insane to think about but in this case it's true.

I'm pretty sure the Warriors would beat cleveland in a 7 game series even without Curry.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep.

People also forget that the Dubs were under the radar last year during the regular season. This year, as defending champs in pursuit of the record they got everybody's best shot. Although they only won 6 more games, they were probably more like 15 games better. The degree of difficulty was that much greater.

All that said, they still have some pretty large obstacles to overcome just to get to the Finals.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One major thing that no one talked about was the difference in championship experience the Cavs had last year versus the Warriors. They were stock full of veterans who had been there before and wouldn't let the moment affect them. The Warriors self-admittedly needed to calm themselves down at times because they weren't used to being in the position they were in.

This year, they seem to be playing with a composure that's hard to quantify. They just have a different feel of confidence about them.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, as good as they were last year, they were also young enough that there was still room for improvement. Says a lot about them that they went out and actually found ways to improve instead of resting on their laurels.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

People also forget that the Dubs were under the radar last year during the regular season. This year, as defending champs in pursuit of the record they got everybody's best shot. Although they only won 6 more games, they were probably more like 15 games better. The degree of difficulty was that much greater.

All that said, they still have to overcome the Spurs just to get to the Finals.

FIFY

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The words heart and effort are often associated to athletes who aren't that talented.
Tristan does hustle, and has a knack for being in the right place, BUT, it's nothing out of the ordinary, and is enhanced because other teams have to worry about everyone but him.

On a crappy team he would go unnoticed ....and Hawks should have been hacking him last night once they caught up.