• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: 4.13.15 Clays big dump, Those 6-0 Tigers & Royals & Hu's new shoes

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is when he pitches well and his trade value goes up, the Sox always seem to think he's untouchable because he's "finally figured it out". Then he goes and pitches like shit and scares all suitors away.

That's the problem... He pitches "well" one game and then shit like the next, so I am not sure why anyone thinks he has much of a trade value. He's the "fastball" version of Wakefield....Unhittable one and then holy crap did we just see what we just saw the next

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the problem... He pitches "well" one game and then shit like the next, so I am not sure why anyone thinks he has much of a trade value. He's the "fastball" version of Wakefield....Unhittable one and then holy crap did we just see what we just saw the next

I remember when Aaron Cook was on the Sox and had a CGSO against the Mariners with only 83 pitches or so. Sucked for the rest of the year pretty much.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when Aaron Cook was on the Sox and had a CGSO against the Mariners with only 83 pitches or so. Sucked for the rest of the year pretty much.

Didn't that give him an extension either with the sox or a bigger contract with another team as well?

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some caller to local sports said KC has beaten 4 LHP's in 6 games. Can this be true?

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 4th OFer is not what the "experts" were saying he was going to be, and that is the point. The "experts" are wrong more then they are right. Nick Johnson and Andy Phillips were supposed to be great, and how did that turn out for the Yankees?

No, but given his age and inexperience, I wouldn't call it a career for him just yet. It's probably very unlikely he won't be a star at this point, but he could still carve out a pretty good career.

I don't think Nick Johnson was a total bust though. Disappointing career? Sure. But that was because of injuries. When healthy, Johnson was a very good player at times. He was an on base machine (had a .400+ OBP in his three qualified seasons, and a career. 399 OBP) with decent power.

Andy Phillips was never really a top prospect. He didn't make it to AAA until he was, like, 26. And he didn't get significant playing time until he was about 29. Sickels didn't even put him on his Yankees' 2005 top prospect list because of his age.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That being said:
nick_johnson.jpg

PrivatePyle.jpg